Got Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We are hard at work, creating categories and populating them was pep and OBJ files thanks to a few members (well... 4 really)... but we want MORE!!! ANYONE can upload files to the archive area, so if you have pep files, please be sure to upload and share them!

We still are working on our Reach and Halo 4 folders so please be patient!

Your file appears to be working as intended. I can see your thumbnail without issue, and the [MENTION] tags are working without issue.

No, that's not correct. Did you not compare the two archive links I gave?

Yes, my thumbnail is displaying as a thumbnail, but it's also incorrectly in the Files list and should not be. Notice that the thumbnail is not in the Files list here: http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=46

My screenshot image is not displaying under Screenshots. It's instead incorrectly included in the Files list. Notice again at http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=46 that only the .pdo is in the Files list - the thumbnail and screenshot images are working properly in that posting. Now actually look at and compare with http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=659 and you'll see it's totally not the same. I do not call that "working without issue".

I didn't mention anything about MENTION tags in my list of issues. The reason why member links are functional in my post is because I manually set them up that way to work (because MENTION tags were not working). (How did you get MENTION to display with the brackets without acting like a BB tag?)

So I still have 3 unresolved issues. Images tagged as Thumbnail are incorrectly included in the downloadable Files list, images tagged as Screenshot are not creating the proper Screenshots section and are instead incorrectly included in the downloadable Files list, and additional owners cannot be assigned to the post.

Upvote 0
No, that's not correct. Did you not compare the two archive links I gave?

I did, and it's far too early in the morning for me to be dealing with grumpiness, so I'll say this:

Your file appears to work exactly the way you're asking of it, at least to me. I'm not seeing the issues you're pointing out, so I can't be of any more assistance.

Upvote 0
I did, and it's far too early in the morning for me to be dealing with grumpiness, so I'll say this:

Your file appears to work exactly the way you're asking of it, at least to me. I'm not seeing the issues you're pointing out, so I can't be of any more assistance.

I'm "grumpy" because I've been struggling with this for 2 weeks, I'm a programmer so I do recognize the difference between code that works and code that doesn't work, and there hasn't been admin support to get (all 3) issues resolved. Although the .pdo is working, the rest is not. This is what I see on my screen:

Screenshot1.jpg

And this is what I see (same computer, same browser) as the desired layout:

Screenshot2.jpg

You're telling me those two posts have the same layout on your screen (with a Screenshots section below Files, and the .jpg and .gif not showing in the Files list)? Can you post a screenshot of what you see at http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=659? SirPalesAlot looked at it and confirmed that he also sees the same thing I'm seeing with the page.

Update: So I loaded up the page on a PC in Internet Explorer without being logged in to my 405th account, and I'm seeing the same thing that I'm seeing on my Mac. I think that rules out OS differences, browser differences, and author vs. viewer differences. Thanks for looking at it, but I think Art is the one who can fix this with code edits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I decided to check the same post in different browser windows. I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. The post looks the same in all three browsers. All of the other posts I have pulled up show up correctly, but the post RobotChicken made shows up exactly the same for me as the screenshot he posted.

Upvote 0
Yep - no Screenshots, and tagged files are incorrectly in the Files list. I also don't think it's caused by using .gif instead of .jpg for the Screenshot because I get the same result when replacing it with a .jpg and tagging it as Screenshot. There seems to be something messed up with the Files code and the Screenshots code. Without looking at the source code it's hard to guess at what the problem is. Where's Art? No posts or PM from him in many days.

(BIG difference between being logged in vs. not logged in. I counted 7 ads on just one of the archive pages when I wasn't logged in, and that's not including all the popups. Yikes!)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back