Guess I'm back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that's cool! I'll run that by my friend and see what she wants to do.

That distinction actually helps a lot!

Welcome back good sir, glad you decided to re up and join the ranks again. Keep at it and maybe well meet at a con one day!

So I'm still having that issue. I went out and bought rust oleum black primer and seem to be having the same issue. It comes out looking like this: image.jpeg

any advise?

Ok, I FiNALLY figured it out! Turned out it really HAS to be automotive primer and not regular primer. I had trouble finding that so I when with what was easy. Turns out I should of kept looking because once I found it it worked amazingly! Once I got it grudged up I sprayed the silver onto a brush and added battle damage. Unfortunately I had it resting next to a block of wood and it got scratched for real. I'm currently letting the green dry and that but it done in the next 20 minutes. After that I'm going to hand paint black into those raised bits and put a layer to polyurethane on it. Take a look!
image.jpeg

Ok, I be finally be able to get some real work done and, with the exception of including the the foam on the inside, the two helmets are complete. What do you thing?
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Sorry if these tilted to the side, for some reason my phone is doing that when I upload pictures.

The padding is fully in the helmet and we made manakins to support the rest of the suit as they get built.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

So I wanted to post a question on here before I made any cuts. I'm working on the chest piece and have it all fiber glasses. I want to reinforce a few key areas tomorrow but then I think I'm going to cut it in half. I need to settle on a good way to attach the two pieces though when I wear them. I'm thinking me about using two of those black clips to keep the bottom portions together and hinges on the top. My concern in the hinges is that the two pieces might scrape together when I flip it open and mess up the paint. Has any one had this issue or know of a better way to attach things?

Sorry I've been quiet for so long. I've been working on the chest and back piece and it's been slow work. I think I have everything about to the point where I'm ready to attach the two pieces and paint. What I'm having issues with is figuring out how to attach the pieces in a way that will both hold and be easy to get to. My first thought was to use back packing clips and hinges but I felt the hinges kept the suit from aligning properly and I really can't get to the slips very well. My next thought is to use magnets to hold things together and some kind of wood or metal bar to keep things from slipping vertically.

Do you have any ideas or pointers? How did you guys get things to lock together?

Edit:I got the issue resolved. I going neodymium magnets to hold everything together which work amazing well! Im also using a nail and an L joint as a guide. Once their lined up the magnets can lock everything in their proper place. I still have to paint a few of the areas black though so it's not quite done.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back