Had A Problem......

Status
Not open for further replies.

borge 009

after i resin my pieces and wait for hours, my work it still wet.....its been almost 9 hours and the curing changes is too slow...the piece is dry but a little sticky.. what seems to be the problem?

the weather here now is somewhat windy and no sunshine..........i mix both according to what the store said to me......

What's the temperature? If it's not really warm, or it is humid, the resin may not cure well. If you have a space heater or hair dryer, put those on it for a few minutes and that should help. If it's just a little tacky but it's hard, try applying some baby powder.

Try adding some heat like Brutus said. Also some resins are supposed to stay tacky so you can add another coat. They have a wax finish you mix in to make the last layer hard. You don't have to use the wax. I don't I just bondo over the top of the tacky layer, it sticks better that way. 9 hours is way too long though. Try addin a few extra drops of hardener next time to compensate for the low temerature.

yeah its a little humid here.....the pieces are little bit tacky........thanks.......

is there a kind of resin where you have to add same amount of hardener and resin? 1:1?

I've had this happen to me a couple of times. Somtimes just sanding lightly will take care of the tacky surface, unless it's too sticky. I have also used heat to finish the curing process.

That happened to me a lot, I usually used it as an excuse to add another layer of resin mixed with more hardener than recommended.

I notice that some brands of resin just don't mix consistently. I have used both Elmer's and Bondo brand and I much more prefer using Elmer's I find it mixes better and cures how I expect it to each time. But when I encountered this problem I used the same tactic that most do, put another layer of resin on with a bit more hardener than normal.

In the future you may want to compensate for this happening bu being sure to mix your resin well and maybe add in a little extra hardener.

dry and sticky, gotcha ya. dont worry about it, its not like your bringing into the house or anything. just leave it in your work place and it will cure within the week. Maybe leave a fan up to it or a heater

i sanded it and the tackiness disappeared.....i add also a little bit of baby powder....it works.....thanks..... my piece had already being body filled...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back