Half Life 2 ~ Gordon Freeman Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
well remember you dont have to increase the wires in order to smooth it pep can do that just fine

The six year old boy that played this game in '98 is freaking out like a kid in a candy store (Pardon the pun).

Thank you.

EDIT: Will you be doing the helmet, too?

Nugget, I've wanted to build a HEV suit for 8 YEARS.

Thank You!!

Now I can finally make my Half-Life armor!

Spartan137 said:
The six year old boy that played this game in '98 is freaking out like a kid in a candy store (Pardon the pun).

Thank you.

EDIT: Will you be doing the helmet, too?

Maybe. There were never any pictures of him wearing his helmet for HL2, and the only time I saw it in the first one was on MP.

Loess said:
Nugget, I've wanted to build a HEV suit for 8 YEARS.

Thank You!!

Now I can finally make my Half-Life armor!

Ahaaa! That's great. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nugget said:
Maybe. There were never any pictures of him wearing his helmet for HL2, and the only time I saw it in the first one was on MP.

Supposedly, there is a debate running on whether or not Gordon had the helmet at all. He is never portrayed as wearing a helmet in the artwork, and the suit in it's docking station lack one, but on the other hand, Gordon would need it in order to survive some of the hazards he would encounter.

And as far as I know, there was never intended to be any helmet art in HL2.

But that means you could take a bit of creative license and make your own!

Wow! I'm impressed, also I trust you ARE going to release the final pep right? Some people show WIPs of models of armor and never release them. :cautious:

Keep up the good work

Bad news, fella's. I got 3 trojans overnight, so I'm having to completely restore my computer. I'm not sure if the file still works, but once I get everything fixed I'll check it out. See you all in about a week.

Well, in the meantime, I found this:

hl_2e2.jpg

Alyx looks okay, but Gordon's suit is what really got me.

This isn't too old of a thread. I think this needs a bit of a bump with some new reference material.

47155_2.jpg

this helmet was based off the helmets seen on the dead scientists in HEV suits found in the first game.

B&GProps said:
This isn't too old of a thread. I think this needs a bit of a bump with some new reference material.

47155_2.jpg

this helmet was based off the helmets seen on the dead scientists in HEV suits found in the first game.

Those actually look rather good. Better then what I thought of.

crackhead09 said:
well if those are 100 accurate then we have something to start on

Well, the bodies are entirely accurate. The helmet... is all fan-made.

B&GProps said:
Yup, those are the ones from the first halflife game. However Gordons was missing the helmet in all the games. As seen in Blue shift.
GORDON_FREEMAN.jpg

Technically, the whole 'Gordon's Helmet' argument is kind of annoying. People say that he doesnt have one because the art never shows him with one, and the player model doesnt have one. But then how does he breath in hazardous environments. How does he take bullets to the head.

And Blue Shift is not officially canon, so no-one really knows for sure.

And any progress, Nugget?

Thanks. I was kinda debating on changing the back of him to how it was in the beta. You know, when he had a playermodel. :p
i276599_ep1c1702b0015.jpg

Bump with content. Sorry for the double post.
HEVSuitWithDummy.jpg

Good news. It fits the dummy. :)

Also, I believe this image might solve our helmet/nohelmet dilemma.
gordonpose.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back