Halo 2 Odst Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rampage118

Hi 405th, im new here and i just finished the pep part of my halo 2 odst helmet. Its my firt helmet that i built and i thnk i did a pretty good job. The only problem is that the right side and left side are uneven(as you can see in the picture). Im not tisure how i am going to fix this, but you guys have any suggestings or ideas please help me out.

Thanks

[attachment=11571:picture 2064.jpg][attachment=11572:picture 2065.jpg][attachment=11573:picture 2063.jpg][attachment=11574:picture 2066.jpg][attachment=11575:picture 2067.jpg]

yeah...and what kind of glue are you using? It looks like the right side is pretty mutilated from when you glued it.

it is made out of regulas printer papper, i didnt know about cardstock until after i made it:(

and for the glue i used "elmer's glue"

Okay, so I would reccomend rebuilding it, but using cardstock. I use wood glue, but I've heard that regular Elmer's glue works fine.

Since it's such an easy model, I would say just redo it with card. It will be a lot easier in the long run. Also, I use hot glue and I recommend it. It isn't all watery like some other glues and it glues fast enough that you dont get annoyed, but not so fast that you cant get your tabs lined up.

yeah i would rebuild it,i use super glue but the only thing i dont like about it is that u dont have anytime to get the tabs line up so once its there its there

dont use as much glue, the paper sops it up, causing it to stretch and warp. It doesnt take that much glue at all. I use printer aer to practice on with elmers glue and it works fine.

when u use body filler on the outside you can add a lot to them and even them out it might take a little more work then u would want but the outcome will come out really nice just make sure u sand after ever coat of body filler it will help it stick better and if u have an electric sander those work wonder it cuts the sanding time in a lot.

8ball said:
when u use body filler on the outside you can add a lot to them and even them out it might take a little more work then u would want but the outcome will come out really nice just make sure u sand after ever coat of body filler it will help it stick better and if u have an electric sander those work wonder it cuts the sanding time in a lot.

There's too much warping for body filler to fix. The helmet won't even survive resinning and fibreglassing

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back