Halo 3 Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr PoopAndScoop said:
Lol. Terrible explanation of the game.
Wow. What a lame line.

It would have worked better if he walked in and said: Slayer. Double kill. gained the lead. Game over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a huge games DONT cause violence supporter, this is an interesting story.
The kid was clearly someone who has a previous disposition to violence. The way to story has been written is to make the game sound like the reason he turned violent, which is something i cant stand in the media.
Have a look at this:
poll.jpg

Having this poll there is clear proof that they are once again trying to blame the game... I'm sick of the media twisting peoples perception and turning something that is clearly the fault of a person or persons, into the fault of the game.
Just look at the polls results, more than 1/2 the people who voted are concerned with violence in games. Did they ever stop to consider violence in the media might have an influence? Of course not, the media would never think they are the bad guys. :cautious:

To make it clear, i don't blame the kid. I would first blame his dad. Why? because he did not prevent his son from having access to the gun (a keyed safe for a semi-automatic??? WTF)

A quote from the article:
Her husband, Mark Petric, a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington
His dad was a priest... why does a so called "man of god" (whom i could only assume is apposed to violence) own a hand gun??!

I'm sorry, but anyone who would even think for a second to blame this kids actions on violence in games is a mislead victim of batent media lies.

dont mean to change the subject a bit but this reminds me alot like that kid a few years ago that was so addicted o halo 2 they had to send him to rehab and no video games what so ever. anyone remember that one cause this one is the extreeme version.

like common sometimes msfluffys little brothers go on and yell and scream i have to turn it off. and their like 13-15 and they have no self controll what so ever.. makes me not want them on halo or gta at all.. but all in all gta isnt as bad as it once was when it first came out... and all the new violent movies probably triggered this guys doing in a way too.

regards
fluffy

GTA 4 is no where near as bad as the older ones.
There are already people blaming the F.E.A.R 2 videos for making their kids more violent, the game isnt even out yet.

The game didn't warp his reality. The defense probably did though. Probably convinced him to plea insanity, which with the kid's state of mind was probably very easy to do.

Premeditation of the murder is the fact here and nothing else, plain and simple.

yeah, he was planning this, it wasnt on the fly or anything, the kid deserves life in prison.

Anyway, i think it is totally his fault, the parents probably had good reason to take the game away from him, he went nuts and killed them. Totally irrational behavior. Im sure none of you would get really mad (enough to do this for real) if your parents took away your game.

Sounds like 1st degree murder to me. The funny thing is when they said that he didn't know that if he shot his parents [in the head] that they would be dead forever. Bullsh!t! The kid is 17! He knew. F*ckin nutjob! I think prison would be too good for him. He needs to get stuck with the needle.

PS: Videogames do not kill people, deranged psychopaths like this piece of sh!t do.

like common sometimes msfluffys little brothers go on and yell and scream i have to turn it off. and their like 13-15 and they have no self controll what so ever.. makes me not want them on halo or gta at all.. but all in all gta isnt as bad as it once was when it first came out... and all the new violent movies probably triggered this guys doing in a way too.

I would call that bad parenting. No offense to anyone but in this day in age when all you have to do is parent out of a prescription bottle it's surprising that we don't see more kids pulling this kind of sh!t. When people have to jump through so many hoops to adopt a kid or to foster one when they are definitely qualified to raise children and you have Jeb McCoy out there with an 8th grade education and a serious drinking and cocaine problem who isn't even fit to raise a cactus raising his own kid (after he beat his wife to death) it makes me sick!!!!

I think there should be a chemical additive put in the city water supplies to induce mass sterility and you should have to apply and become licensed to breed in order to have a child. Then you can get special bottled water that cancels out the chemicals in the city water.

Media = Bull S**t Half the stuff they say is blown way out of proportion.

Ive been playing First Person Shooters ever since Halo:CE came out... and ive never had an idea of running around town shooting people because "i didnt know that they would be gone forever." Media Sucks...

Cheers,
-John-

Klowd 13 said:
Media = Bull S**t Half the stuff they say is blown way out of proportion.

Ive been playing First Person Shooters ever since Halo:CE came out... and ive never had an idea of running around town shooting people because "i didnt know that they would be gone forever." Media Sucks...

Cheers,
-John-

True that! I've been playing FPSs since Goldeneye hit the 64! and I knew damn well that when you shot someone they would be dead forever. That's why I play FPSs when I get pissed. You can kill everyone and everything and even blow the console up and no one will ever get hurt in real life.

All I ever play is what people would designate as "Violent games", and Iam one of the only laid back people in my town that doesnt get pissed off enough to go shoot someone.......As said by people earlier in the thread, the murders were premeditated. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! Stupid media making everything fun into the "anti-christ" or what have you.......Blame the media.......and the parents for that matter. If its so violent, why let them play it in the first place?

My faith in humanity is running very thin....like 10th of a micron thin.....

first off The fact that the kid ( even at the age of 17) was within reach of a handgun is a bad thing.

Me and my freind have played FPS games for as long as we can remember, we certainly don't think about killing our parents or even think about killing. My parents have grounded me from games and the first thing i think is "Oh darn, i guess I will do better in school" or something of the sort, not " you f*cking bastards im going to kill you now". This kid either had some sort of mental issue or was rasied wrong. He also says that he thinks his parents will basically "respawn" in 5 seconds after being shot in the head, BULL FU**ING SH*T the kid is 17 he has seen movies he has heard about death, and probably had a grandparent or great grandparent die, he knew they wouldnt come back. this kid is full of crap and deserves jail for life, or like BF said the needle.

It was probably pre-meditated

Humboldt_spartan said:
o what....this dude thought they would respawn some where else in the house.....?!?!?! f*cking nutjobs making it bad for every one else....sry if this sounds insensitive ...but they raised him....maybe they should have taken some more time with him

I can already tell you right now that is not the case, I can tell you right now he is not "crazy" as the Defense implied. He might of been a little off but not "Crazy". He was a spoiled little punk kid who thought he was smart enough to get away with it. Nor can the Defense us the argument that "He did not realize they would be dead forever" If that was the case, why the f*** had he planned to make it look like a murder/suicide to throw police off? Because it was premeditated! And I am sure he thought he could get away with it. I hope he becomes Bubba's best friend in prison.

BFDesigns said:
True that! I've been playing FPSs since Goldeneye hit the 64! and I knew damn well that when you shot someone they would be dead forever. That's why I play FPSs when I get pissed. You can kill everyone and everything and even blow the console up and no one will ever get hurt in real life.

aah, good olde dolgen eye, that game came out when i was like 8 ot 9 years old, and before the n64 days i used to play doom, so i guess you could say i've been playing FPS's all my life, and look at me now :D

i hope they dont take action because of what teh media says and ban violent games or raise the rating on them.
or maybe they'd be dumb enough to make a whole new rating like V for Violence....

i wouldnt be surprised

This story kind of reminds me of a kid I went to grade school with named Ricky Consolvo. Ricky was pretty messed up and despite having caring parents, he was basically a psycho. When Ricky got kicked out of the school for some reason, everybody's reaction was "yeah, that's Ricky." Anyways, fast forward a few years and senior year in high school I get a call from a few friends about Ricky. It turns out he had killed his parents and set fire to their house in an attempt to cover up his crime. Despite the horrendous nature of the crime, the general reaction was "yeah, that's Ricky." I don't think anyone was surprised. Although we don't know the details of this case, I'm guessing that friends of the kid in the story weren't surprised either.

Clearly, by the media's logic, I kill turtles and mushrooms on a daily basis only to find out that my princess is in another castle.

As for what I think about this 17 year old...

The factual information depicts him as having severe sociopathic tendencies. By no means would I presume that he should be diagnosed as such, but there are a lot of similarities: manipulative, conning, lack of remorse/guilt, poor hehavioral controls, impulsive nature and so on...

Even if his parents did their best to teach him morals and boundaries (maybe they were good parents, I have no clue) they should have realized he was sick though. If you raise a child for 17 years, you should be able to tell when something isn't right.

And what a shame...a woman is dead, a 17 year old has no future, and a father will be left alone with no family and many regrets.

---

Tangent About Blame Game (since they kinda picked on Halo):

I'm a huge games DONT cause violence supporter, this is an interesting story.
The kid was clearly someone who has a previous disposition to violence. The way to story has been written is to make the game sound like the reason he turned violent, which is something i cant stand in the media.
Have a look at this:

Having this poll there is clear proof that they are once again trying to blame the game... I'm sick of the media twisting peoples perception and turning something that is clearly the fault of a person or persons, into the fault of the game.
Just look at the polls results, more than 1/2 the people who voted are concerned with violence in games. Did they ever stop to consider violence in the media might have an influence? Of course not, the media would never think they are the bad guys.

I agree with you Portalman!

I find it ironic that the news feels justified in criticizing the violent themes in video games.

Every mainstream news source is subject to degrees of sensationalism. It's just a symptom of getting ratings on major networks/sites.
The stories about car bombings, kidnapping, and murder...they don't get aired because these things are 'new' (how many times have we seen it before?). And they don't show the 'startling' video just because it's vital information. It seems pretty evident that they show them because people, on a base level, enjoy experiencing violence vicariously.
(If anyone doesn't believe me, ask a Nascar fan why they watch people go in a circle 300 times. XD)

News Orgs: Don't be ashamed of yourself. It's kinda our fault for tuning in too. But please, don't pretend the violence you show is *that different* from video games. After all, in reporting about this very story, you colorfully described how the kid went about tricking his parents into closing their eyes so he could shoot them in the head as they sat unsuspecting in their bedroom. Was his trickery and their anticipation of a good surprise intrinsic to the news report? Or, was it included because those details paint a violent picture that captures people's imagination and attention?

---

This actually happened right near me (I'm in Cleveland).

Vexona sums it up pretty well I think.

You know, back then Looney Toons were the cause of all violence, now it's video games. I wonder what will be next on the list?

i have a feeling somewhere in texas (no offence to anyone who lives there but theres some crazy people there) that one kid is going to go crazy and someone is going to blame it on obama cause i know alot of people in texus dont like dark skinned people...

or the next ting could be.... well started with comics, then looney toons, wolfenstein 3d, gta series, movies, saw movies, big bird and sesame street, star trek once upon a time.. i dont know what else there could be that the media and public can blame... oh the space program lol

they were blaming Dungeons and Dragons back when that was popular too o_O

"I roll for shotgun damage *dice clatter* hmm 12 damage!" :lol:

Cheers,
-John-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back