Halo 4 Fireteam Majestic Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, there is a way to say things, and not too. Nothing personal Vargatom, its just that I've gotten the same response others, but not tactfully.

If anyone out there can pinpoint what needs to be corrected with your expert opinion, please let me know. non of this, its not accurate or you need to work on it...PINPOINT. It has been corrected to fit a human head, these games are fantasy, not exactly made to fit correctly. The front face has been extended and chin lowered to look somewhat normal in real life. Thank you all!!!

Well, I was thinking about extending the back of the helmet, to get that nice elongated shape from the concept art.
It would also create room for some fans/batteries if you plan to add electronics, and it should help with putting it on too.

dystorted this is a beautiful piece, i have been watching and lurking this thread since you posted, i have seen the scrutiny you get, but honestly, i think this is the most accurate representation of this helmet and for you to change it to fit and look more proportional in life but still keep almost the exact same look is great. you have put alot of heart, time, and thought into this. keep up the good work. If you feel the need to give up than hey, by all means... but that would sadden me to see such a great project disappear. put all the negativity you see aside, screw it. its YOURS, not theres, its you and only you working on this and asking for constructive criticism on the way. ENOUGH RANTING FROM ME, if hyou need help unfolding this or anything at all, give me a holler, i will be more than happy to help :)

Sonny

EDIT: I realized you moved to DFW! i loved it when i lived around there in denton. fort worth and dallas were so close to me, and there are a ton of beautiful women in denton at the girls college :p

A quick little update to revive this thread:

untitled74_zpscfb019fb.jpg

SSSShhhhhhh LEX!!! Damnit, they aren't supposed to know that we're like that!

Thank you for the support once again, it's the main reason why I keep coming back.
The holiday felt so long a drawn out, probably from all the libations!

UPDATE TIME!

I caught a break from packing for the move next week to wrap some things. It isn't totally complete yet, but as close as it will get for know. Or at least as close to complete as you'll be able to tell. Also keep an eye out later for the Turntable rendering as we speak, it should be up tomorrow afternoon.

wip7_zpscab2d76d.jpg

wip8_zps1d740012.jpg

And to clarify a question I've had multiple times on other forums, this will not be for public release. I'm not trying to be rude, greedy, dickish, or what have you. I'm simply deciding to not release the file. Its a personal preference of mine, as it always has been. I've put alot of hours and work into creating all of my models. As well as, I'm planning on having the file 3D printed and casts made available in the near future. So keep an eye out for my thread in the classifieds.

Thank you for the support and understanding once again!

nice work on this build. iam sorry, that this wont be available for pepakura purpose because i dont have the money to buy a cast and get it shipped to my location :-/ but really nice.

The files will be made available, I'll post details later.

Finishing touches on the Soldier aka Demarco

untitled80_zpsa50858ba.jpg

Nice work on the helmet budy. what do you mean with the first comment? do you release the recon helmet files or the soldier :)

The helmet came out looking awesome. I love the color choice. It looks so real that I actually thought you did it up already.

wow nice. i will be the first one who wants to unfold the or fold the recon helmet. this helmet is absolutely gorgeous :) cant wait to see the files ^^
btw. what kind of 3d editor did you used? blender?

Wait...is that an HDRI in the background?
Fix those shaders up a bit and that render would look damn real!

I am yet to figure out how to pep those grooves etched in the helmets.
Either way, damn good work!

After a few people dropped out after they had agreed, I'm picking this back up again!
Since then, This thing has had a major facelift, hacked up, repositioned, and stitched back together even better than before. There is still alot more detail to add before sending off for 3D printing, and should have this knocked out tomorrow. Plus, This will be entered into a certain auction later this year along with a few other surprises.
Recon3_zpsf9798706.jpg

Recon6_zps67366fd3.jpg

Recon5_zps2c291d26.jpg

Recon4_zps7129506c.jpg

If you are seriously interested in the limited run, don't hesitate to message me. It's quite expensive to print, which is the reason why its limited. I only need enough people for buffering the cost of printing, molding, and casting. I'm barely breaking even.

Thanks for stopping by! Take a second and swing by the Facebook page, I update there regularly.

Sorry for the delay in updates guys, but the time has finally come for continuous updates!!

I've already sent the helmet off once for printing....BUT, it was WAY too small. Can you say wasted money!!? Bummer.
But, the good news is that the new helmet has been correctly scaled, AND I've stumbled onto a few references that helped me correct details, and make it 100% accurate. This will be a "backoff" mod helmet that will be pre-cut, with a rubber neckseal. I had to make it that way simply because even with the rubber neck, your head is quite to large to fit through the opening. I sent the final helmet off Saturday, so it should be about two weeks until I have it in hand and start the finishing process.
I am certain that you all will love it.

Here are a few renders of the helmet.

Recon7large_zpsd8faba4d.jpg

Recon8large_zps7270214b.jpg

I'll be updating here on the main thread, as well as my Facebook page quite often at Evoc Props.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back