Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question to the female members:

What level of interest is there in having the female variants of the these armour sets?

This will probably only get done if there is "build level" interest (i.e. - you'll actually build it) from several members.

ME! I was just talking about making the prefect armor after I finish my current project. Having a female variant to start with would be amazing. So would having a female variant of the other armors.

My wife is definitely interested in female variants. We have completed a few peps so far and have been debating armor pieces.

As for the new ODST, V, and Prefect I'm a huge fan. They are definitely lower detail throwback armors, a way to pay respect to a franchise they originally had no part in. The prefect looks like a concept art piece and the Ricochet looks more lacrosse.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Does anybody know where I can find files for the Halo 4 Scout variant chest plate? I've got the helmet and shoulders, but it seems the chest is nowhere to be found.

Is anyone going to do HD Venator armor for pep? Just asking. Not a must have thing.

If it's something you want done, there's a chance I may be able to do the helmet, at least. I really need somebody to do the H4 Scout chest, though. Plus, I'm still waiting on the rest of the generic pieces (boots, cod, etc.).

Does anybody have plans to model the H4 Contour style thighs/legs/forearms? I can handle helmets, but when it comes to other parts of the armor, my ability falls off a bit.

Plus, I'm still waiting on the rest of the generic pieces (boots, cod, etc.).

There really aren't any "generic" pieces in Halo 4, aside from a few padded spots on the undersuit itself (elbow, back of the thigh, top of the foot, pelvic region, and the finger armor, for example). "Legs" includes everything form the waist down (butt plate, thighs, knees, shins, and boots), "forearms" include unique handplates, "chest" armor includes often free-floating abdominal armor plates, "shoulders" each have their own unique bicep/tricep cuff, so there's really nothing "generic" or "standard" for the Halo 4 armor.

There really aren't any "generic" pieces in Halo 4, aside from a few padded spots on the undersuit itself (elbow, back of the thigh, top of the foot, pelvic region, and the finger armor, for example). "Legs" includes everything form the waist down (butt plate, thighs, knees, shins, and boots), "forearms" include unique handplates, "chest" armor includes often free-floating abdominal armor plates, "shoulders" each have their own unique bicep/tricep cuff, so there's really nothing "generic" or "standard" for the Halo 4 armor.

Well, most of the files I have found don't include all of these parts, then. I downloaded Recruit legs, since Contour isn't available, and they only included the calves. Likewise, the forearm files I have don't include any hands. I need to find a place to get these elements.

Ultimately, I would like to construct a full Scout suit and a full Recon suit-- and since neither set has its own forearms/legs, I had planned on using Contour, but nobody has made it yet.

There are just so many missing elements.

With all the H4 builds going on, is there any 3D modeler out there who would update the publicly available pepakura files based on the models ripped from the game? There are some pretty significant precision issues, especially with Chief's armor, that should be corrected and it's relatively easy with the 3D models available...

Part of it is that not everyone has come to the realization that there are so many unique parts, and part of it is that because of there being so many unique parts the modelers have become swamped. Many of the models currently out there were made within the first month or two of the game's release, and it wasn't until a bit later (as more and more armor was unlocked in-game) that people began to notice that the only "standard" piece is the undersuit itself (quite unlike Reach, where there was a basic full armor set and all variations were just attachments). Since then there have been so many requests for the late-game pieces that the early stuff has been buried and modelers haven't been able to find the time to go back and finish the full sets. That 343i completely nerfed Theatre mode by restricting it to Wargames matchmaking only makes gathering reference material that much more complicated (in previous games one could simply suit up in their armor of choice, step into forge, and snap dozens of posed reference shots), and without reference material to work from (and lots of it) not only does the accuracy of models suffer, but the pace at which models are made is much, much slower.

So the best thing to do if you're looking for specific armor parts is to put them on (if you have them unlocked), jump into matchmaking for a while, and then go into theatre mode and get as many reference pics as you can from different angles and put them up on your fileshare with a link in your request post.

343i completely nerfed Theatre mode by restricting it to Wargames matchmaking

You sure about that? I grabbed some screenshots from Forge only yesterday and modelled this little beauty:

sPs2qQ5.jpg

Forge is still a viable method for obtaining screenshots.

Unless they've opened it up and never bothered to announce it anywhere (which would not surprise me as they've been terrible at communicating with their community), I have never been able to get theatre mode to replay campaign, spartan ops, forge sessions, or even custom Wargames, only matchmaking.

Unless they've opened it up and never bothered to announce it anywhere (which would not surprise me as they've been terrible at communicating with their community), I have never been able to get theatre mode to replay campaign, spartan ops, forge sessions, or even custom Wargames, only matchmaking.

Try again - I assure you, I took those screenshots only last night after playing around a little in a custom game.

You're partially correct - Spartan Ops and the Campaign mode don't support Theatre Mode, which is a shame, but every other game mode out there does. I promise you this, and I can't imagine anything that would prevent you from being able to access it offline.

I have tried, on several occasions prior (just last week, actually) to view Forge sessions and custom War Games in theatre mode, and there was nothing there, under any heading, aside from the videos I had saved from matchmaking months ago. Like I said, maybe they changed things over at some point and just didn't bother to announce it, but I know I'm not the only one who has tried, with no success, to get screenshots outside of matchmaking.

Part of it is that not everyone has come to the realization that there are so many unique parts, and part of it is that because of there being so many unique parts the modelers have become swamped. Many of the models currently out there were made within the first month or two of the game's release, and it wasn't until a bit later (as more and more armor was unlocked in-game) that people began to notice that the only "standard" piece is the undersuit itself (quite unlike Reach, where there was a basic full armor set and all variations were just attachments). Since then there have been so many requests for the late-game pieces that the early stuff has been buried and modelers haven't been able to find the time to go back and finish the full sets. That 343i completely nerfed Theatre mode by restricting it to Wargames matchmaking only makes gathering reference material that much more complicated (in previous games one could simply suit up in their armor of choice, step into forge, and snap dozens of posed reference shots), and without reference material to work from (and lots of it) not only does the accuracy of models suffer, but the pace at which models are made is much, much slower.

So the best thing to do if you're looking for specific armor parts is to put them on (if you have them unlocked), jump into matchmaking for a while, and then go into theatre mode and get as many reference pics as you can from different angles and put them up on your fileshare with a link in your request post.
@vargatom
Basically, this.
Reach gave us a common set of parts that everything else attached to in some form. The only common part in H4 is the undersuit. Everything else is totally unique - except a couple of the DLC handplates.

At the moment, most of the modellers seem to be on hiatus - requests for things are being made, but very little is being (visibly) done. It's like we all suddenly realised how big the task was, and how terrible the armour designs were, and just gave up for a while.

@Zaff
Theatre has always worked fine for Customs and Forge. It's only not available for Campaign and SpOps.
Check your "Recent films". Otherwise, the last match you played, matchmaking/customs/forge, should be the film loaded when you go into the theatre menu.

In other news:
- ODST is midway through the unfold process.
- Mk. V is 95% edited, and mostly ready, but on the backburner until ODST is done.

I can only speak from personal experience, and from personal experience if I did not just play an online matchmaking game, my temporary history would always be empty and the theatre mode main menu would say "no film selected," indicating that there was no recent film to be displayed. And that has been the cas every time for me up to, as I mentioned, last week being the most recent time I have tried. I did just log in after my last post and gave it another try, and this time it did work. I don't know if there was just a glitch in my game/system, or what, but this is the first time it's actually shown anything outside of online matchmaking.

But, now that I do know this works, and being that I am at SR130 plus the Champions bundle and Map Pass pieces, (the only armor pieces I am unable to get references for would be the Locus, Deadeye, and Fotus), if any modelers/builders need reference pictures of any pieces just let me know and I'll do my best to pull some shots. I know there's been a lot of requests for Enforcer, particularly the helmet, with little to no reference material to go on so if anyone is working on that (or wants to) and needs references, let me know and I'll snag some (let me know if a specific armor/secondary color helps bring otu the details and I will match that).

Also if you need any more hands on the unfolding of the new armor, let me know. I'm particularly interested in the ODST legs and the Mark V shoulders and forearms as they're part of my current armor set.

I can only speak from personal experience, and from personal experience if I did not just play an online matchmaking game, my temporary history would always be empty and the theatre mode main menu would say "no film selected," indicating that there was no recent film to be displayed. And that has been the cas every time for me up to, as I mentioned, last week being the most recent time I have tried. I did just log in after my last post and gave it another try, and this time it did work. I don't know if there was just a glitch in my game/system, or what, but this is the first time it's actually shown anything outside of online matchmaking.

But, now that I do know this works, and being that I am at SR130 plus the Champions bundle and Map Pass pieces, (the only armor pieces I am unable to get references for would be the Locus, Deadeye, and Fotus), if any modelers/builders need reference pictures of any pieces just let me know and I'll do my best to pull some shots. I know there's been a lot of requests for Enforcer, particularly the helmet, with little to no reference material to go on so if anyone is working on that (or wants to) and needs references, let me know and I'll snag some (let me know if a specific armor/secondary color helps bring otu the details and I will match that).

Also if you need any more hands on the unfolding of the new armor, let me know. I'm prly interested in the ODST llegs and the Mark V shoulders and forearms as they're part of my curr

Sir I will take you up on that offer. Can I get a left side view of the pioneer helmet, 360 view of the soldier chest please. Thank you.

Does any one know how to open a jms or emf file. Thanks.

f

Does any one know how to open a jms or emf file. Thanks.f

I assume you're trying to open the Halo 4 content - in which case, you'll need a copy of 3DS Max and the relevant plugin (which comes readily available with Adjutant 3.2.0.0, I believe). If you don't have those tools I'd be quite happy to take the files from you and convert them into an OBJ format for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back