Halo 4 Spartan Build-First Suit ever built by me! (WIP and might be PIC Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Very clean work so far, cant wait to seethe rest of the suit. And I actually really like that source image you're using for the shins, where did you dig that up?

Your build is coming along nicely ;D I'm very excited to see the finished product. :)

**CONTINUATION**

2013-12-26155301_zps2e74fa62.jpg

Added the final few details that needs to be added. Did a little more light sanding to smooth out any tiny bumps or ridges

2013-12-26155309_zps5cc58605.jpg

Top details.

Finally, it's Prime time!

2013-12-26220058_zpsd7640765.jpg
Prime time is over. Just need to wait till tomorrow to paint it, can't wait. Have you guys ever felt that exciting feeling after spraying on your last coat of primer XD?

2013-12-27120210_zps9062afa2.jpg

Painted the Red base coat, looking smexy~~

2013-12-27150707_zps3333a1b6.jpg

Masked some area, time for black detailing. this shot kinda reminds me of the Halo 3 Hayabusa

2013-12-27154308_zps58a947f8.jpg

Done! time to mask off areas to add the white "armour skin"

**CONTINUATION**

2013-12-28171844_zps8d4746b6.jpg

now this is looking sexy already!

2013-12-28171856_zps3809a797.jpg

Lesson learnt! Be patient when you are doing your paint job. I sprayed too thick a layer of chrome paint and didn't dry and it still has its sticky paste texture. What i did was gently and carefully scraped the paint off with a file and smoothed it out using a 240 and 360 grit sand paper

2013-12-29172124_zpse2857273.jpg

top part painted and the area around the triangular pieces masked off for painting

Not bad at all, though I'd suggest maybe using a different type of tape to mask off your areas and prevent bleedthrough, for a cleaner edge. Electrical tape can work, I've found.

agreed with the above. Never go for cheap masking tape. I tend to buy the blue one call scoth tape or something from 3M. its expensive but it will give you a clean finish with the edge lock stuff.

agreed with the above. Never go for cheap masking tape. I tend to buy the blue one call scoth tape or something from 3M. its expensive but it will give you a clean finish with the edge lock stuff.

Not bad at all, though I'd suggest maybe using a different type of tape to mask off your areas and prevent bleedthrough, for a cleaner edge. Electrical tape can work, I've found.

The tape ive used to mask of areas are actually pretty good tbh. That's the only kind that i can find over at my place

oh yeahh haha there's no bleedthrough, the red over spray on the white part is done on purpose, like chipped off white paint :p

**CONTINUATION**

BEHOLD! THE HALO 4 WARRIOR HELMET COMPLETED!!!
999937_710759228942076_15376576_n_zps532bc3fb.jpg

2013-12-30162024_zpsac7afb4f.jpg

The helmet fits me really well! It's actually 9% smaller than the first one ^_^

2013-12-30170219_zpsb02c61bd.jpg

The end result after being in a few battles.

2013-12-30171257_zps57e83132.jpg

Comparison between the two Warrior helmets. I can say ive come a long way since my first few pep

Last edited by a moderator:
NIIIIIIICE!!! Great job on your helmets!

Thanks Morkar78! You've got an awesome build yourself!

2014-01-03155133_zpsf4e5b9f8.jpg

(this was taken on the night of Dec 31 2013) It's 2 hours before New Year and I have just finished adding padding in the helmet

UPDATE!!!
I'm sorry but I won't be posting anytime soon as my school had just started. This is my final year in high school and there is a very important exam at the end of the year. My prop making time will be far less compared to last year so don't expect my armour updates to be frequent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing work bro!!, you don't use bondo right? what do you use to have that smooth surface!?

Very nice, love the scratched paint job, looks legit!

Thanks Spartan_Z92! And yeah, i didn't use bondo. what i do to get a smooth surface is to resin the inside of the helmet first as opposes to many others which resin the outside first. i will fibreglass the inside completely then slowly adding thin coats of resin on the outside. i do this because sometimes the resin outside will be sticky when i work on the inside and this will trap lots of foreign materials like dust, sand and leaves which will cause imperfections on surfaces which i want it to be smooth. If there are brush streaks, I'd hit them with some 240 or 360 grit sandpaper. Primer helps show the bumps much more easily. Well, to be honest, it's not completely smooth like the top for example as an end result of not using bondo :p

I really appreciate it JayOneSeven! I've been perfecting it with my builds as I go. The first time i actually tried the scratched-metal effect is on my first helmet which is the yellow Warrior helmet you see above and have improved a lot since then ;) If it looks legit to you, that means I'm doing it right hahahaha ;D

Looks very professional.

Thanks Levity! If it's professional looking, I'm on the right track then!

After a month of slumber, i'm finally back! i've got about a week off because of the Chinese New Year celebration. BACK TO WORK!!

Now im really suffering the consequences of not using Plastidip for my foam forearms and thighs. The paint is chipping and cracking all over and it's causing the foam to rip a wee bit. Anyway i was planning to redo the forearms and thighs all these while as i think they weren't good enough. I decided t go with the Halo 4 ODST forearms fore the moment and haven't made up my mind on the thighs. I've modified the normal pep version of MS7's ODST forearm to be foam friendly and would like to share it with you guys
----->>>>http://www.4shared.com/file/IGhY_DUEce/H4_ODST_gauntlet_by_MS7_foam_u.html

If sharing this modified version by any means offend any of you including the creator of this file, i'll remove it right away...

**CONTINUATION**

2014-01-30230842_zps6c976b00.jpg

Personal achievement! I was able to complete 2 Halo 4 ODST forearms in less than 6 hours both left and right.

Personal achievement! I was able to complete 2 Halo 4 ODST forearms in less than 6 hours both left and right.

Those forearms look awesome! And you did that in 6 hours?! Crazy! I also love the fact that you placed the fan in front of the mouth area. With that running, it should change your voice. Just don't stick your tongue out at anyone while the helmet is on and the fan running!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back