Halo 5: Asset Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, sorry for the annoying question I asked without looking at the topic, but thank you.

That's absolutely fine. It's not the question that's annoying, it's the frequency with which I get asked it.

Hopefully, things on the asset front will improve soon, with the release of certain things, but there's no promise.

Will there be any more Centurion armor files coming like the one Fred (Spartan-104) has in Halo 5? I have found a few files, but only one company has the Centurion armor with great detail and they're not giving it away. I understand you have made a pep file for the Centurion armor Chernobyl, but as I said.... I am looking for a Centurion file that contains highly detailed armor. Are you working on this?

Will there be any more Centurion armor files coming like the one Fred (Spartan-104) has in Halo 5? I have found a few files, but only one company has the Centurion armor with great detail and they're not giving it away. I understand you have made a pep file for the Centurion armor Chernobyl, but as I said.... I am looking for a Centurion file that contains highly detailed armor. Are you working on this?

I'm personally not re-modelling any of the files. I am, however, going to be re-uploading the raw asset files back to the Archive, as soon as I'm done with the restructuring work.

Alright, first off: Thank you so much for taking the time to do all of this! I would like to turn some of the helmets into high-res 3d-printable versions. I can do it with reference pictures but I would rather use the texture files for that. I have been using Blender for quite a while and I know my way around modeling. I haven't done a lot of texturing. I understand that I need UV mapping to add the provided textures correctly to the model? The only way I have managed to do so was when there where MTL files along with the OBJs. There are currently no MTLs included in the armor packs. Is there any other way of displaying the textures correctly? In your first post in this thread I saw that you had a fully textured model dislayed in Blender.

Alright, first off: Thank you so much for taking the time to do all of this! I would like to turn some of the helmets into high-res 3d-printable versions. I can do it with reference pictures but I would rather use the texture files for that. I have been using Blender for quite a while and I know my way around modeling. I haven't done a lot of texturing. I understand that I need UV mapping to add the provided textures correctly to the model? The only way I have managed to do so was when there where MTL files along with the OBJs. There are currently no MTLs included in the armor packs. Is there any other way of displaying the textures correctly? In your first post in this thread I saw that you had a fully textured model dislayed in Blender.

Please don't take this as rudeness (I honestly mean only the best for this), but I would look up a quick texturing tutorial for Blender. My packs tend to contain the textures (normals/diffuse) that you'll need to apply. If you need help with that I can throw you together a quick tutorial.

Please don't take this as rudeness (I honestly mean only the best for this), but I would look up a quick texturing tutorial for Blender. My packs tend to contain the textures (normals/diffuse) that you'll need to apply. If you need help with that I can throw you together a quick tutorial.

Hey, not a problem! I am already looking into texturing tutorials at the moment. I was just wondering if I had overlooked something in the existing files that would save me a lot of work. I thought maybe I had to reassign texture files or something like that. but a quick tutorial from your side would be great. I am sure I wouldn't be the only one to profit from that.

Hey, not a problem! I am already looking into texturing tutorials at the moment. I was just wondering if I had overlooked something in the existing files that would save me a lot of work. I thought maybe I had to reassign texture files or something like that. but a quick tutorial from your side would be great. I am sure I wouldn't be the only one to profit from that.

Sure thing.

Open Blender. Import your model as normal. Split off a new section, and set that to UV/Image Editor. In your 3D view, go into Edit Mode, set the view to Textured. Hit A and make sure your model is selected (it'll be orange). Then go back into the UV/Image Editor and open up your desired texture. That should apply it to the model you want.

Pretty easy stuff!

Attachments

• how to texture.PNG
    how to texture.PNG
    910.8 KB · Views: 568
Sure thing.

Open Blender. Import your model as normal. Split off a new section, and set that to UV/Image Editor. In your 3D view, go into Edit Mode, set the view to Textured. Hit A and make sure your model is selected (it'll be orange). Then go back into the UV/Image Editor and open up your desired texture. That should apply it to the model you want.

Pretty easy stuff!

Holy C***! That was easy! Thank you so much for this. That will make modeling the Details so much easier!

Hey guys!

Is there a model repository for the weapons? Specifically looking for weapons like the Saw, AR, DMR, etc.

Thanks!

when is the BR going to be added to the archives? I was wanting to model a high-res one using in-game textures as reference. any info?

He, alright. i'll give you some time,then:D

also, for modeling helmets, what is an affordable way to model such things?

I only really have weapon experience and I'd like to learn to model helmets.

Wasn't intentionally trying to disrespect. Earlier I almost crapped my pants, then I realized you were just talking about the campaign #armours#. It just so happened the word #campaign# popped out of the screen of my phone and smacked in the face.

Hello Chernobyl! Fantasic work on the model extracts! I hate to bug but at one point I did find the Helljumper pack that had the OBJ files in it, but now all I can seem to find is the Helmet and Foam armor build downloads in the Asset archive. Am I a nitwhit or are they hiding somewhere else?

Thanks for all you do!

Hello Chernobyl! Fantasic work on the model extracts! I hate to bug but at one point I did find the Helljumper pack that had the OBJ files in it, but now all I can seem to find is the Helmet and Foam armor build downloads in the Asset archive. Am I a nitwhit or are they hiding somewhere else?

Thanks for all you do!
As always, I'm the special kid that if I wonder long enough I find what I ask about lol. I finally found them! hahaha, so you can ignore me! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back