Halo 5: Asset Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fee ya! more then a few hours at a time in CAD can be painfull on the eyes!

Thanks, Spartan. It's not really difficult, but the process is extremely tedious. I shan't go into detail, but the process pretty much involves the following:

- Turning a full model into its separate component pieces (finger pieces, forearm, shoulder, chest, etc) - usually 50-100 pieces per body model. Mercifully, a very helpful forum member automated this process for me, which saves half an hour of work time.
- Importing each file individually into a converter
- Exporting each file individually into a usable OBJ format
- Mass-importing collected files to re-group as a single body file once more
- Re-exporting files into final groupings (forearms/torso/legs)

It is tedium personified, and considering each body file takes roughly fifteen minutes, spread over seventy-three armour types, multiplied by two for each gender variant... you're looking at somewhere in the region of a full forty or so hours of work. Which, unfortunately, is why I'm taking a break from the job for a while to relax and get away from the tedium of it - I truly don't want this to end up feeling less like a hobby, and more like an unpaid job, since that's how I get irritated at people and start snapping and acting in an unpleasant manner.

As edited up in the post above, however: helmets are now mostly online for the community to use and enjoy. I'll finish that job off tomorrow and get on with something a little more pleasant and relaxing.

The Argus helmet is green, yet I can't see it in the archive?

EDIT: Read that it's only available for Librarians

Just a quick message to say - Thanks for this guys. I've been wanting to get involved with the community and build myself some armour for some time (I've visited the site multiple times before, the work on here is absolutely fantastic) and I figured halo 5 would be the perfect time for me to jump in and get some stuff done. I made a post in another one of the sticky threads regarding getting a file for the copperhead helm, which I've now edited in light of the information I've found here - Guess I should've been a bit more thorough in my investigation! In the meantime while I wait for the files I'm after I'm gonna go read some tutorials. But yeah, thanks a bunch for getting these files and getting them ready to upload!

The Argus helmet is green, yet I can't see it in the archive?

EDIT: Read that it's only available for Librarians

The raw resources are online, and you can find them HERE. We don't, as of yet, have any unfolded work for most of the Halo 5 armour sets.

Just a quick message to say - Thanks for this guys. I've been wanting to get involved with the community and build myself some armour for some time (I've visited the site multiple times before, the work on here is absolutely fantastic) and I figured halo 5 would be the perfect time for me to jump in and get some stuff done. I made a post in another one of the sticky threads regarding getting a file for the copperhead helm, which I've now edited in light of the information I've found here - Guess I should've been a bit more thorough in my investigation! In the meantime while I wait for the files I'm after I'm gonna go read some tutorials. But yeah, thanks a bunch for getting these files and getting them ready to upload!

Thanks for the kind words. I should have the assets online by the end of the day, and afterwards I'll unlock upload access for the different categories so that people can begin to upload processed files for the community, so watch this space!

Thanks for this Chernobyl!! I have an unfold WIP for the Hunter Helmet which was uploaded last night, and which I can get done in the next few hours too! The helmet files are a lot more detailed than expected, which I like! :D

Awesome job on really spearheading things. I wish I could chime in and help but since I'm inexperienced I don't want to cause more of a headache and get in the way. If there is something I can contribute to please let me know.

Awesome job on really spearheading things. I wish I could chime in and help but since I'm inexperienced I don't want to cause more of a headache and get in the way. If there is something I can contribute to please let me know.

Trust me, you don't want the hassle. It's a pain in the buttplate, to say the very least.

UPDATE: Pack Two is now fully fleshed out and ready to download. I'll clear the remaining assets for Pack One tomorrow and get the Archive unlocked for those downloads to start rolling in and getting uploaded - please remember to credit your files accordingly, label them correctly, and add a decent thumbnail of no larger than 400x400 when you upload.

The raw resources are online, and you can find them HERE. We don't, as of yet, have any unfolded work for most of the Halo 5 armour sets.

Ah dude this is awesome! One question though, I can't seem to open them in Pepakura Viewer, the file types are .obj should I just change it?

Ah dude this is awesome! One question though, I can't seem to open them in Pepakura Viewer, the file types are .obj should I just change it?

No. OBJ files are raw files that haven't been unfolded yet. You'll need a copy of Pepakura Designer to open and unfold them, which I would recommend.

EDIT: all HELMET PACKS are now online. I'll get upload permissions sorted out first chance I get tomorrow, and I hope to see files coming in soon! Have fun, Spartans!

Are these raw in the way that they're directly from the original model, with no cleaning at all? Or have the models already been cleaned up?

Edit: Read the top post, answered my question.

Dude you are the man. Definitely going to try to teach myself how to edit models for 3D printing. I'll come up with someway to contribute to the community. Keep up the great work.

Dude you are the man. Definitely going to try to teach myself how to edit models for 3D printing. I'll come up with someway to contribute to the community. Keep up the great work.

It's a worthwhile skill to have, and it's easy to pick up in your spare time. I'd recommend it, certainly.

In other news, two announcements:

The first: all armour categories are now unlocked and ready for prepared files to be uploaded. As always, member status permissions apply, please check that you're a Full Member before trying to upload and message me if you need assistance with getting things online. And, as above, please be mindful of giving credit and to include a small thumbnail of your work when uploading.

The second: this is getting tiresome to be having to repeat myself yet again, but it has to be stated for the record, since some people apparently don't know how to research before asking me questions:

Requests for information on how to obtain these files not be given on the 405th. Asset extraction discussion is something we do not discuss on this forum, and any such requests will be DENIED. Please DO NOT ask me for information on how to obtain these files yourself, your message will be ignored and deleted.

I realise that this only applies to a select few of the community, and I hate to disappoint people, but if you signed up simply to ask me how to extract game files, you're in the wrong place and you're wasting your time.

So far, these are looking pretty good. The only error I've seen so far is that the normals of the Mark VI helmet don't line up correctly. The normals for the scarred Mark VI do, but not for the regular Mark VI. Just thought I would bring that to your attention.

Anyway, while I don't really have first hand experience with the process used to get the models, I can understand how something like this can be pretty tedious. So, thanks for taking the time and effort need to do this.

So far, these are looking pretty good. The only error I've seen so far is that the normals of the Mark VI helmet don't line up correctly.

Ah. I know exactly why this is - the Scarred variant and the regular variant use two different models. I've neglected to upload the Scarred variant model with the pack, I'll get that sorted out as soon as possible.

Also, thanks for the understanding. I'll pick things up when I feel happier about it, I always perform better when I want to do something, as opposed to feeling as though it's simply a chore to be taken care of.

EDIT: Mk VI Helmet Pack has been fixed, both the regular and Scarred variants are now where they're meant to be. Again, I'll be chipping away at these models as and when I can - there's a content drop coming in a few weeks, so I'll be at work obtaining the new variants as soon as I'm able.

Right. A bump with fresh content:

It's been figured out that I can indeed obtain HD armour sets for you lot. Which means that, while it is going to take a little longer to re-process all of these files, it will have the benefit of having high-definition files for the community to enjoy. There's an image below showcasing how the final rips will look.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to reach out to other members within the community who have higher-tier unlocked weapons and armour - specifically Silver REQ-grade and higher. I'd like to organise a research group to obtain some screenshots of the armour and weaponry unlocks that are available at higher levels, in order to provide the community with some resources for modelling. Therefore, I ask the following:

If you have a copy of Halo 5 and have progressed into Uncommon REQ items or above, please shoot me a PM. Your assistance would be appreciated.

EDIT: I'll be re-jiggling the Halo 5 Asset Archives later on, adding a few entries here and there, ready for the influx of new REQs coming on the week of the 16th. Be aware that some things may be moving around.

Attachments

• athlon female hd.JPG
    athlon female hd.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 456
What about Bucks ODST armor? I can't even play the game, but I'm assuming it's just ODST armor? I didn't see ODST on the list, so I'm wondering if there is a different name for it.

While I'm not crazy for any of the new Halo armor, I wouldn't mind making a Halo 5 female ODST. :p

What about Bucks ODST armor? I can't even play the game, but I'm assuming it's just ODST armor? I didn't see ODST on the list, so I'm wondering if there is a different name for it.

While I'm not crazy for any of the new Halo armor, I wouldn't mind making a Halo 5 female ODST. :p

Be patient. I'm working on it.

Right. A bump with fresh content:

It's been figured out that I can indeed obtain HD armour sets for you lot. Which means that, while it is going to take a little longer to re-process all of these files, it will have the benefit of having high-definition files for the community to enjoy. There's an image below showcasing how the final rips will look.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to reach out to other members within the community who have higher-tier unlocked weapons and armour - specifically Silver REQ-grade and higher. I'd like to organise a research group to obtain some screenshots of the armour and weaponry unlocks that are available at higher levels, in order to provide the community with some resources for modelling. Therefore, I ask the following:

If you have a copy of Halo 5 and have progressed into Uncommon REQ items or above, please shoot me a PM. Your assistance would be appreciated.

EDIT: I'll be re-jiggling the Halo 5 Asset Archives later on, adding a few entries here and there, ready for the influx of new REQs coming on the week of the 16th. Be aware that some things may be moving around.

Yeah that's the problem with obtaining the hd files for armor is it must be unlocked for the user. May not see some armors for a while in hd format due to being the small chance of unlocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back