Halo CE Marine Fatigues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayward Flood

Member DIN
S074
I decided I want a comfy cosplay for the day after I wear my MkV armor. So I am going with the Halo CE marine fatigues. The fatigues without the armor plates to be more precise. They are mostly featured in the level 343 Guilty Spark when you first encounter the flood. I used our favorite motionless marine outside the level for some good pics.

I'm not exactly sure what the 6 blue parts on the two straps attached to the chest are. I figure they are either attachment points for the brown rusty looking armor chest piece, a future camel pack system, or flotation devices like you see on fighter pilots. Those pelicans do go down a lot. I'll model and 3d print those.

No idea what to do with the boots yet. It looks like they have Velcro straps or buckles. Could be they didn't have enough textures for shoe laces.

1680739300516.png
1680739325050.png
1680739348309.png
1680739375147.png

You can sort of make out the vest that doubles as the backpack and armor. I could have sworn I saw the front pattern before. I finally figured it out after looking at the history of US military armor vests. It seems to be based off the Kevlar vest used in the 80s and Desert Storm. I'll have to search around some military surplus sites. It seems I can buy the cloth cover shown out front and stuff that with foam in place of kevlar. I'll have to learn how to dye it grey.

The backpack seems to be communications equipment. Not sure how I'm going to make and integrate it into the vest just yet.

1680732152818-png.329841

I ordered the clothing below today in 60/35 grey.

Jungle Hat

Pants

Coat

Any suggestion are welcome. Especially how to dye the vest and whatever the blue things are supposed to be!

Hey you, welcome to marine gang gang. :)

Sorry I'm not much help on what those are, but I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
It's all good. I appreciate the input. HoundOfMeath gave me a lot of good reference material that helped. You might be interested in this video on CE marine armor. It not for CEA but it's still a nice video for its references.

I'm gonna enjoy this, especially learning what those pouches on the chest could be for. I don't know too much about making this kind of marine, but if there's elements similar to the armoured CE marine, I could chip in some advice if needed.

I'm gonna enjoy this, especially learning what those pouches on the chest could be for. I don't know too much about making this kind of marine, but if there's elements similar to the armoured CE marine, I could chip in some advice if needed.
We may never know what they are. It may just be left to artist interpretation. Maybe I'll have a better idea when I model them.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me. Right now I'm wondering about weathering the clothes and dyeing the vest. So if you got any info on that:cautious:

We may never know what they are. It may just be left to artist interpretation. Maybe I'll have a better idea when I model them.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me. Right now I'm wondering about weathering the clothes and dyeing the vest. So if you got any info on that:cautious:
I guess I'm lucky in the sense that since most of the BDU was covered in armour, it didn't have to be too precise. I actually went with some long grey clothes I got at an op shop, with a dark grey singlet as the vest. And for weathering, uh... just took the clothes out to the mud on a rainy day! Though that was four years ago, when I remake it I'd likely do it a bit differently, such as sewing a number of components onto base clothing and using an airbush around places where dirt would build up. This was a quick build done by my friend, but linking it just in case you find a part of it handy.
Since the backpack looks rigid - at least the upper part of it - you could make it from foam and skin it with fabric.

This was a quick build done by my friend, but linking it just in case you find a part of it handy.
Since the backpack looks rigid - at least the upper part of it - you could make it from foam and skin it with fabric.
I see he found a grey camo cover for the vest I linked above. That would be ideal but I'm thinking of going to a military surplus store and trying the full vest on. Sewing pockets and using the equipment to make the back pack shapes seems like the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back