Halo Ce Nade - Starting From Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir Rahmani

Hi

I'm making the Halo CE frag granade because I'm a newb and i'm starting easy. i don't know what to use to make my frag stronger though. (BTW im making it with normal paper)i'll be posting pics later, but i can't now because they're on my phone.

Any suggestions work.

does anyone know how to make paper mache?

ok first of all, go make it with cardstock, that is a must. Second of all, go buy what is called fiberglass resin. it is sold at any hardware store and walmart usually has it. read the directions on the back of the container and put 3 coats of resin on the gernade. then paint it and wha la! all done. :) thats what i did at least

Amir Rahmani said:
thanks,

and how much is it?

i have a limited budget

As was stated above, you should try redoing this. There is a lot of warping; likely due to the use of regular paper as the base. First, use cardstock like was said before; preferably 110lb, but 67lb works if you have a weaker printer. We also suggest that you score your folds by using either an x-acto knife (if you use really heavy cardstock) or a drying ball point pen (this is my preferred method, since i use two different pens to designate mountains and valleys). Then use the resin to harden it. Resin is sold at Walmart, Lowes, Ace, Home Depot, etc. and goes for about $30 - $40 a gallon, but can be purchased in smaller containers for less cost.

It should go without saying that, if you do use the resin (and you should), get yourself an Organic Vapor rated Respirator. DO NOT SKIMP ON THIS. The resin gives off fumes that can kill you, at worst, and, at best, leave you with crippling lung problems. The respirators can be purchased in the paint sections of the above stores for about $20 - $30 for a respirator with filters that will last 40 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try tracing the pep parts onto cereal cardboard.

If you are interested in mache, you combine flour and water until it gets goopy. But if you apply a paste of 1 part flour 2 parts water, you get a pretty solid piece, just doesn't look to good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back