Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ok i didn't know that, well that's cool thanks =D
about halo 4 and reach, i don't play reach or xbox very much, only on the weekends but since my summer break is coming up, i will get to unlock a lot of stuff =D

To ellaborate a little further:
If you read Halsey's journal that acompanied the Legendary edition she states that noble team is not only a group of spartans she doesn't know but that their variant of the armour and their upgrades are not part of her program either. She believes they may be the product of her competitors, skeptics, or otherwise within ONI that want her removed from the program. She specifically states that the only spartan in Noble team who was part of the same group that produced John 117 was Jorge. That explains why Jorge is the only one to wear an armour we recognize as MkIV. Seems strange that there would be spartans she doesn't know about but then she says the same thing in the journal.

If I can track down the exact lines from the journal I'll quote them, but for now that is what I can remember.

Thanks for the info. I have not read all of Halsey's journal, I keep meaning to. However, I've read most of the books (though it's been a while), and I remember Halsey and Ackerson being on unfriendly terms. Are Noble Team (except for Jorge) supposed to be part of Ackerson's Spartan III program?

Also, when you mentioned Jorge's armor, you mean VI, not IV, right?

Thanks for the info. I have not read all of Halsey's journal, I keep meaning to. However, I've read most of the books (though it's been a while), and I remember Halsey and Ackerson being on unfriendly terms. Are Noble Team (except for Jorge) supposed to be part of Ackerson's Spartan III program?

Also, when you mentioned Jorge's armor, you mean VI, not IV, right?

Actually now that I've looked at Jorge again I think his armor is still Mk V. He wouldn't have been issued MkVI. As far as I can tell Master Chief was the only spartan to recieve it. The others were dead by the time he made the switch in Halo 3.

As to Noble Team and Ackerson, I haven't found a clear yes or no but that seems to be the most educated guess. This was my only real dissapointment about Reach's story. There were so many Halsey Spartans on Reach I can never understand why 343 felt the need to create previously unkown offshoot group. But, then maybe I'm just being too picky about it.

ok to clarify noble team made there own armor as mark v as the base. this is mentioned several times by Jorge Emile and once by Carter with Kat as a technician i highly doubt it would not be unlikely and yes Master Chief was the only one to receive mark vi. oh and also noble's armor is actually a combination of mark v and spi again mentioned in the game oh and noble is not unknown but is mentioned quite a bit in the halo novels

Actually now that I've looked at Jorge again I think his armor is still Mk V. He wouldn't have been issued MkVI. As far as I can tell Master Chief was the only spartan to recieve it. The others were dead by the time he made the switch in Halo 3.

As to Noble Team and Ackerson, I haven't found a clear yes or no but that seems to be the most educated guess. This was my only real dissapointment about Reach's story. There were so many Halsey Spartans on Reach I can never understand why 343 felt the need to create previously unkown offshoot group. But, then maybe I'm just being too picky about it.

im pretty sure other spartans received the MK VI

If Halo CE HD does use Reach's multiplayer you probably won't have this problem. Most likely your online stats will carry over much like they did from Halo 3 to ODST. That should allow your unlocking to continue for reach. As for Halo 4, well you have plenty of time before that releases.

That seems to be a common mistake that people appear to be making. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will be like Halo 3: ODST in that it will inlcude maps for the other games multiplayer, not sure if they stated it can be played without Reach like ODST's disc could play stand alone. ODST's multi player disc was just Halo 3 multi player without the campaign and it came preloaded with all of the maps.

im pretty sure other spartans received the MK VI
All of the other Spartans were either dead or Kurt, and Kelly. Those 2 still had MkV armor, but Kurt died in an SPI. Kelly survived Reach, and was taken with Halsey, and the two, along with 2 Spartan-IIIs (Tom and Lucy) were trapped in a Micro-Dyson Sphere. Kelly was still wearing Mk V armor.

One retired Spartan-II tested the MkVI armor before it was issued to John. I think that one was Maria. Even still, John is the only active-duty Spartan to have used the MJOLNIR Mk VI armor.

MPCO. John-117 has had Mk.IV, Mk.V, Mk.VI, and the Halo 4 armor

CWO -OR- WO. Jorge-052 has had Mk.IV

Noble Team and other non-standard S-III teams have had Mk.V(-B-) and modded SPI

S-II red and blue teams have had Mk.IV, Mk.V

Spartan in the graphic novel tested the Mk.VI

Kurt "Ambrose"-051 has had Mk.IV, Mk.V, and SPI Mk.III

"Standard" S-III's have had SPI Mk.I, Mk.II, Mk.III

....that's what I recall and know of what the armors of the differernt Spartans.

Mk.IV, Mk.V, Mk.VI are all Mjolnir project armor system suits.

Mk.V(-B-) is a privatized version of Mk.V for use by S-III's and of lower staus than that of the Mjolnir project Mk.V

Mk.IV Grenadier or (-G-) is Jorge's own custom made Mk.IV attachments retrofitted on his suit.

Surviving S-II's and S-III's

LtJG. Fred-104
PO2 Kelly-087
PO2 Linda-058
MCPO. John-117
PO2 Tom-B292
PO2 Lucy-B091
Pvt. Ash-G099
PO3 Mark-G???
PO3 Olivia-G???
total: 9

Yeah the prospects are pretty slim for Spartans in general if theres just 9 total, Chief included. As of circa 2556 MCPO. John-117 is the only operational and remaining Spartan to have worn Mk.VI Mjolnir Project Battle Armor into battle.....Is he gonna be wear'in Mk.VII anytime soon, or maybe it's another design departure from Halo 2's Mk.VI suit.
<End Rant Here>

B.-o.-T.

I really like where the series is going. Maybe some backstory games to fill the entire saga to full story, anything else I'd have to agree would be milking it and I know that I would be Ripping my hair off my head if that happened....some of you might do that to probably.

Halos 4-6 are gonna be interesting.

My wishful thinking list of what they should make after 6 and stop after.

Harvest: Gotta have more Johnson! Play as Wallace A. Jenkins?

Sigma Octanus IV: Need to see Corte de Azur, Spartan-IIs in action. Play as Marine?

Game version of Cole Protocol?

Harvest Campaign: Marines at the beginning of the integration of the new armor into the UNSC army and Marines.

Spartan-III missions and eventually Onyx.

Operation First Strike events?

that's all I could think of any more backstory games probably would be considered milking...same applies to having a 7-8-9 trillogy.

I hope that Master Chief does get Mk.VII in some sort of plot....Mk.VI gets heavily damaged or even destroyed, though have a Dead Space 2 armor tie-in would by wierd for a Halo game...hope that dosen't happen.

If 343 makes a 3rd trilligy(who would the UNSC and or MCPO fight?) I might be iffed about it..might not be but I would be dissapointed at the lack of sensefulness to leave the chief at the end of 6.

but anyway I do predict something happening to the armr that Chief either retrofit new part from forerunner tech or completely getting a new Mark. As most of us now know, Halsey did foresee a 7th(this is ironic in a multitude of ways......) "generation" Mjolnir suit. Maybe Cortana has B.P.s?

oh well time will tell......

SPOILERS

A lot of information on Halo CEA can be foundz here

Flood firefight almost confirmed.
Blood gulch not included. (redundant)
Beaver creek confirmed.
Damnation confirmed.
At least one map from Halo PC confirmed. (death island anyone?)
At least one new firefight map confirmed. (Library? Swamp?) "One thing I can tell you is that this one is particularly appropriate to Halo: Combat Evolved but will do things that no Firefight map has done."
Back-button feature confirmed.
Halo CE engine for single player confirmed. (this means epic assault rifle time)
Halo: Reach engine for multiplayer confirmed.
Hidden terminals, secrets and misc. other easter eggs confirmed

Awesome: Confirmed.

Tyvern you forgot to include Jun-A226, he would also be one of the SPARTANS with Halsey in the shield world. The halo wiki says that several TEAMS of Spartan III's are trapped in the shield world, so the numbers of surviving SPARTANS look more promising.

Surviving S-II's and S-III's

LtJG. Fred-104
PO2 Kelly-087
PO2 Linda-058
MCPO. John-117
PO2 Tom-B292
PO2 Lucy-B091
Pvt. Ash-G099
PO3 Mark-G???
PO3 Olivia-G???
total: 9

You also forgot about Jorge 052. Who went MIA.

Jeremiah is the only bible book with 52 passages.

Exerpt from Jeremiah, passage 52:

"7 Then the city wall was broken through, and the whole army fled. They left the city at night through the gate between the two walls near the king’s garden, though the Babylonians were surrounding the city. They fled toward the Arabah, 8 but the Babylonian army pursued King Zedekiah and overtook him in the plains of Jericho. All his soldiers were separated from him and scattered, 9 and he was captured."

That can be a reference to both Jorge and Cpt. Keyes.

Jun left with halsey, we can only assume he is wherever halsey is.
None of the reach spartans were mentioned in the books.

I think that 052 is dead........Slipspace BOMB. He is M.I.A. to continue the guise that Spartans Never Die....They Just Go Missing In Action, make no mistake of the cannon that is surrounding him in the series he IS DEAD.

A226 brings the count to 10...

If Jun-A226 survived Castle Base, Forerunner tunnels, Raid on Reach, Operation First Strike, Battle of Onyx, and is now in Onyx core with Halsey it would be a major cannon shake-up and rift.........343 needs to tread lightly if they do anything with him again.

10 Spartans left in the UNSC, 9 are in a Shield World. 1 is about to go into a shield world and his location is AFK at the moment.

9 are in a "secret" star location. 1 is somewhere.....

the surviving spartans aren't truly missing save one, MCPO. John-117.

I probably read into the cannon too much.

Team Katana is in a form of stasis using slipspace fields. Team gladius was found all dead.

Team Saber and the 2 Beta company S-IIIs along with Red team's survivors with Halsey(Possible Jun) and MCPO. Franklin Mendez are in the Onyx Core.

can't wait to see what the 4-6 trilligy will bring to the table.

so a total of 13 is totally possible.

Let's not forget Alice-130, Jerome-092, and Douglas-042 (which I just realized is a Hitchhiker's Guide reference) from Halo Wars. We know something happened to the Spirit of Fire, so we could have a lead-in to another RTS, albeit by Robot Entertainment instead of Ensemble. As well, we have loads of potential to be a vanilla Marine or ODST, a pilot, the commander of a ship or fleet, or part of a SPARTAN-III headhunter team. We could also take the Covenant- play as the Arbiter during the Grunt Rebellion, or a warrior during the Taming of the Hunters.

Then there's potential Forerunner gameplay and the San'Shyuum, and I could definitely get behind a Jiralhanae cover-based shooter. The point is that there is almost no limit to the number of games we could get out of the Halo franchise, and it's likely to appeal to everybody. I've been working on a tabletop game based on ship to ship combat, but I'd love to see it on PC or console.

Which makes me wonder: now that 343 is at the wheel, will the PC start getting Halo love again?

You all need to remember that the books and the games DO NOT line up cannon wise. Halo: Reach and the Fall of Reach are so dramatically different, that to try and line them up is basically impossible. Just because Ghosts of Onyx does not mention Jun, it does not mean that the developers did not intend to have him there.

*Gasp* I just had an idea! How cool would it be if in Halo 4, MC runs into Dr. Halsey and the gang and Jun is there with them?!? That makes me excited.

lol yah that would be pretty cool, i too am now very excited, to bad it is going to be a while for the game to come out =(

Reach and Fall of Reach do have synched timelines.......

Ghost of Onyx was a story with flexibility written all over the pages....

so the count is now 16.

we also have cassandra and the spartan that tested the Mk.VI

so that makes the count at 18.

and about the timelines go to halopedia or halo nation for the complete timeline.

@Templar_320: I am aware that newly added cannon content and the stuff made earlier somewhat to an extent don't go perfectly smoothly and that they don't always mention each other.

there is a point where Halo will have to come to a close because if it isn't it might become a FPS mario-like series.....I don't like that prospect.

anyway the only direct you can take in a interstate is forward and arrive at the destination......Halo 6 and possible tie-in back story games might be 720 games just like H:3F.T.F. and on where.....Halo is also getting better with every game, some will disagree; I understand, some people don't like the same cup of tea as other people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back