Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the Jack Bauer comment. (Loved 24, still hoping for movie. lol.) Not sure about Cortana designing the upgrade while on the ship... But that's all we have right now... Theories.

I never watched 24, so comparing Chief to Bauer isn't the connection my mind makes.... I think he's now more like Ellen Ripley. And Cortana is.... Jonesy?

I never watched 24, so comparing Chief to Bauer isn't the connection my mind makes.... I think he's now more like Ellen Ripley. And Cortana is.... Jonesy?
:eek Go straight to Blockbuster right now, or Watch Instantly on Netflix, and watch 24 immediately! It is quite literally the greatest show ever released. Start with season 1 and you will be hooked. I agree with Deux's opinion. MC is definitely more like Bauer than Ripley. I don't think there is really a comparison with the latter. :confused

Shade88 posted: "Well I haven't seen firefly... And 24 lasted eight, (?) seasons vs one, was it?"

Yes, but as stated above, which one had the movie? oh, that's right.

They're working on a 24 movie... If only FOX studios would give the green light.
Fox greenlighted Serenity.

Firefly didn't NEED 8 seasons to accomplish greatness. Yes, everyone wants more, but Firefly was an instant epic. It just happens to go against everything Fox programs. You know, they're not much for a band of free thinkers who reject the government's interference, and live their lives according to their own volition.

24 was a serialized weekly-villain show about Jack Bauer, the GOVERNMENT ANTI-TERRORISM AGENT (Fox loves that stuff) who dismantles bombs and catches terrorists and -blam!-.

Firefly was a story-based show about a bunch of space cowboys, who, arguably ARE terrorists, and wanted criminals.

If I wanted to watch Law & Order, I'd watch Law & Order. But I want to watch space cowboys be The Squad from ODST, except cooler.

So let that segue back into Halo, WHICH THIS IS A DISCUSSION OF.

Somebody end this man. He knows not that which he speaks.

Firefly is obviously better.

Darn right. The style of FireFly is unique to its own. There's nothing like it and i hope that stays true for some time to come, unless FireFly starts up again.

I really wish Nathan Fillion would make more apearances in Halo, but seeing as its Halo CE now and four is taking place far from UNSC presence its doubtful. Although i still keep my fingers crossed for a followup on ODST with a correct and full game, not some over priced expansion. It probably wont happen sadly.

Although maybe we'll see some of him in the Halo movie series :p and other cast members if we get lucky enough to get a Movie.

24 is a fine series, with a great character in jack bauer. very "master chief", i'll agree. on top of all this, we all know we'd be quick to defend it if Keifer Sutherland was in Halo 4. But a follow up to ODST? I can't see how it would expand the universe (or bring aspects into relief, for that matter).

Joss Whedon should make an ODST tv show, and just make it be Firefly painted over with the Halo 'verse.
That's what ODST was, basically, and it was AWESOME.

I'd like to see another game played as an ODST. Definitely, including Buck. Set it years before Halo. Buck fought in many campaigns, just pick one. I think it'd be really cool to see the war delved into, in its midpoint, with ODSTs and Spartans fighting together.

That's what ODST was, basically, and it was AWESOME.

I'd like to see another game played as an ODST. Definitely, including Buck. Set it years before Halo. Buck fought in many campaigns, just pick one. I think it'd be really cool to see the war delved into, in its midpoint, with ODSTs and Spartans fighting together.

I would definitely play a pre Halo game, even pre covenant. I would love to see some insurrectionists action. Although buck wouldn't be present for a whole lot of that yet.

I would love to play that as well. Maybe a campeign set in first contact where your a ODST (Buck) on harvest. now THAT would be amazing! Just think , with a new engine and new graphics , the visuals could be amazing as you drop into combat!

I'd like to play the First Harvest Campaign. Even the Second Harvest Campaign would be cool. Some pre-Covenant stuff would be very cool.

See, I'm not against spinoffs, so long as they remain canonical, but I'm not hyper-jazzed about this sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back