Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's already been discussed but, how's the Scorpion's machine gun going to work in CEA?
I've been wondering...any thoughts :confused

Remember, the CE:Anniversary campaign is based off of the original Halo engine. And in the original there was alot of empty space, and now that it's filled with improved sound, remastered music, and new shiney graphics, all of that space was filled right up. It would've taken alot longer to implement the complete model set from Reach, and that would effect the release. So, because of that, 343i left the multiplayer to the improved Reach engine.

But...but...butwhy!?!?
Really? That's kinda funky. I'm gonna miss it on the Control Room level.
That stinks. Oh well.

But...but...butwhy!?!?
Really? That's kinda funky. I'm gonna miss it on the Control Room level.
That stinks. Oh well.

That's the whole point of the Anniversary Campaign, it's a literal tribute to the good ol' Olah story of ten years past. Same gameplay style, same plot, same voice-acting, just updated everything!

Although, I do hope that we can get more Firefight voices for multiplayer, and possibly integrate the voices INTO multiplayer!
And if that's possible, here's who should go in there!

NEW FIREFIGHT 2.0 VOICES:
-Dutch
-Mickey
-Romeo
-Dare
-Vergil (New Mombasa Superintendent)
-Sarge
-Grif
-Simmons
-Lopez
-Donut
-Sister
-Church
-Caboose
-Tucker
-Tex
-Sheila
-Doc

But that's just me. And I vote for that.

Hahaha I was actually thinking of the red vs. blue tribute voices as well. I personally think its a great idea, an I will use Cabooses voice all the time.

That's the whole point of the Anniversary Campaign, it's a literal tribute to the good ol' Olah story of ten years past. Same gameplay style, same plot, same voice-acting, just updated everything!

Although, I do hope that we can get more Firefight voices for multiplayer, and possibly integrate the voices INTO multiplayer!
And if that's possible, here's who should go in there!

NEW FIREFIGHT 2.0 VOICES:
-Dutch
-Mickey
-Romeo
-Dare
-Vergil (New Mombasa Superintendent)
-Sarge
-Grif
-Simmons
-Lopez
-Donut
-Sister
-Church
-Caboose
-Tucker
-Tex
-Sheila
-Doc

But that's just me. And I vote for that.

why virgil? its an alien that cant talk....

[video]http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rvb&v=more[/video]

"Do the Forerunner books not count as prequels? Hmmm?"

This a very good question and it seems to be up for debate. This very question was asked of Frank O'Conner who simply said that the video games themeselves are the official cannon for the storyline. That being said it's interesting to point out that Greg Bear thanked 343 for all of their fact checking in regards to Forerunner history. Eric Nyland thanked Bungie for the same thing when Fall of Reach, First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx came out. For a company who "fact checks" the books that are authored by writers outside of the company its interesting to see how they (Bungie/343) changes the story like they did in Reach.

This a very good question and it seems to be up for debate. This very question was asked of Frank O'Conner who simply said that the video games themeselves are the official cannon for the storyline. That being said it's interesting to point out that Greg Bear thanked 343 for all of their fact checking in regards to Forerunner history. Eric Nyland thanked Bungie for the same thing when Fall of Reach, First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx came out. For a company who "fact checks" the books that are authored by writers outside of the company its interesting to see how they (Bungie/343) changes the story like they did in Reach.

Some or all of the books are canon too. I believe I remember reading Nylund consulted Bungie with Halo's initial story as he is employed by Microsoft Game Studios(when Bungie was owned by Microsoft). It is just the games are the ultimate authority if it comes to conflicts. Even if it makes absolutely no sense for Reach's ending.

Changed it in Reach? Example?

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the discrepancy regarding that in the books, the Pillar of Autumn never docked on Reach (like in the game), but was in orbit during the battle and stayed there until it slip-spaced and ended up at Installation 04.

And thanks for the PoA walkthrough video link. :cool

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the discrepancy regarding that in the books, the Pillar of Autumn never docked on Reach (like in the game), but was in orbit during the battle and stayed there until it slip-spaced and ended up at Installation 04.

And thanks for the PoA walkthrough video link. :cool

I see . Your welcome man!

Here is a video of a alleged "alpha" build of the Halo 4 menu , located in the Halo : CEA menu . What do you think?

halo4_alpha_screen.jpg

What is that menu with the friends list on the left ? It doesn't appear to be a 360 friends menu .

halo4_alpha_screen_1.jpg

What do you guys think?

Jacob

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for double post . Here is a video I thought you would enjoy -

Behind The Scenes : Anniversary Campaign

- Jacob

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back