Halo Reach Commando Helmet Build (Picture Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I just thought I might throw this up here for people to see. I'm not the best at making/using Youtube, but here is a short clip of a special project I'm working on for Laird Maclean. It's not completely finished (Needs to be shipped at the end of Aug), it still needs LEDs. Hopefully I can figure it out. Let me know what you think.

Special Project

Most Annoying sound on the planet....lol (Staring My Son)

-Tony

P.S. I hate the way my voice sounds on video (lol). I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I think you sound like Michael Cera.

The helmet liner looks really legit. Like it was made for it. The "whatever-you-call-it" door liner stuff is a cool trick too. And of course, the paint job looks great, as always.

Came out great. I am pretty sure it is automotive door edge guard.

No body likes their voice on video.

yeah sure thing man, why would anyone miss this thread and the helmet looks awesome man, what made it look better was the reach t-shirt and if you make casts of that helmet i will probably buy one cause it looks awesome man =D

I think you sound like Michael Cera.

The helmet liner looks really legit. Like it was made for it. The "whatever-you-call-it" door liner stuff is a cool trick too. And of course, the paint job looks great, as always.

Thanks Jonus, I appreciate the great comment. Lol, didn't realize I was so whiney sounding (Michael Cera).

Came out great. I am pretty sure it is automotive door edge guard.

No body likes their voice on video.

I looked at the packaging, your right. Thanks again, Justinian for the kind comments.

yeah sure thing man, why would anyone miss this thread and the helmet looks awesome man, what made it look better was the reach t-shirt and if you make casts of that helmet i will probably buy one cause it looks awesome man =D

Lol, thank you. BTW, I'm running casts this week.

Thanks guys for viewing my thread.

Thanks Jonus, I appreciate the great comment. Lol, didn't realize I was so whiney sounding (Michael Cera).

I don't think you or Michael Cera sound whiney. I just meant your voice sounds like his, but you don't really speak like him, if you know what I mean. He's more mumbly and quick talking.

Is the color of the helmet in the video the same color as the one from the picture a few posts before it? It looks just a little darker, but I think the color is spot on. I look at the helmet in the vid and I swear it's the one from the game.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the wonderful comments.

Is the color of the helmet in the video the same color as the one from the picture a few posts before it? It looks just a little darker, but I think the color is spot on. I look at the helmet in the vid and I swear it's the one from the game.

Its supposed to be. However, they are two different helmets. I used the same color on both (But two different cans of Periwinkle by Krylon). You have a good eye my friend. lol:D

Thanks again guys,

-Tony

your helmet is a beaut!! somewhere in this thread you mention metal glaze... is this why your helmet is soooo smooth? What is it and how do you use it?

Oh yeah, on the video color looks so perfect. You really make me want to have one for my own lol!

Let me know yo! I'm running casts. Thanks for the knid comments too :)

your helmet is a beaut!! somewhere in this thread you mention metal glaze... is this why your helmet is soooo smooth? What is it and how do you use it?

My dad gave me some a while ago, they use it kinda like spot putty. Its mixed just like bondo and its self leveling. I love it. This def helps with the smoothing process. I dont have picks, but I believe its made by Evercoat and is called Auto glaze. Thanks Bradinator for the comments. Be good.

-Tony

Blackula! I must must must say how amazing everything turned out. I took a long break from armor altogether and didn't get to see your progress until now. I really enjoyed reading through it all, especially with the molding, as I've been trying to understand it so that I can do some casting in the future. You definitely nailed it all! Incredibly inspiring.
I, of course, am now off to investigate your new threads. :)

Blackula! I must must must say how amazing everything turned out. I took a long break from armor altogether and didn't get to see your progress until now. I really enjoyed reading through it all, especially with the molding, as I've been trying to understand it so that I can do some casting in the future. You definitely nailed it all! Incredibly inspiring.
I, of course, am now off to investigate your new threads. :)

Sorry, I did not see this. Thanks for the kind comments. Much appreciated. Also, Glad to see you haven't given up! Be good and good luck on your build!

that's awesome man, looks great =D

Thanks Road Kill. I appreciate the kind words. Keep doing what you do buddy!

Tony

Okay, so I’m remolding the Commando, I know peeps are probably sick of seeing it but I figured I show the progress on the remold. This was a cast that was cleaned up some by Hyper.

As you can see, I sculpted the detail portion onto the visor and made it more rounded. This is will act as the base of the vac forming buck that I will make for the helmet. Once, finished and hopefully the pulls are successful it should fit any of the previous castings that people have with minor modification. After I saw Thorsson’s vac form buck success, I wanted to try it with the commando. Hopefully it’s as successful.

Well here are some pics.

ddd2890d.jpg

142ebfbe.jpg

9ef5bf17.jpg

41ae4446.jpg

cb216c10.jpg

7dd49c8b.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Tony

I knew you were busy with something. That visor is gonna be great! Nice addition to an already awesome helmet!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back