Halo Reach Kat - Foam Armor *FINISHED* 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't happen to know how you printed it with the lines and not just the numbers, cos all I am getting when I print are numbers and no lines :/

So I have slowly been working on getting more detail put on the helmet. I've got quite a bit done so far. :)

BACK:
xojf9x.jpg

RIGHT SIDE:
2vw6a6a.jpg

LEFT SIDE:
2zt9jb4.jpg

TOP:
ivjsy8.jpg

I need to give it a good layer of clear coat still so that the paint doesn't scratch off. I'm just using acrylic paint so it can easily scratch off. Once I clear coat it, I will be cutting off some of the bottom then adding foam for the lower part of the helmet. It really looks like it's starting to come together. :)

Indeed it does. That is looking really good. I always loved the "runny" black wash effect.

-Matt

Looking great goddess. I like the detailing your putting on it. And good idea with the foam on the bottom. I will probably be doing something similar to my helmet cause its kinda wide lol

Great job with the helmet HG. Glad to see you back at this again. Your suit is just too good to let it die.

Goddess,
I've been following this thread for months now and everything is really coming together! Even through setbacks! Your work is extremely inspiring and I've set out to try my hand at foam modeling... all I've ever done are cardstock/fiberglass/etc.

I'm also curious, I've been following L3X's thread for a while now and he mentions waiting for you to send him the Unfold of his modified chest piece. Though neither of you have posted a DL. Is there any chance we can have that? I'd really like to look at the model and modifications as well as the unfold ;)

Keep up the wicked awesome work!!! Good to hear that you found a reason to finish the suit up. It looks great!

Pipinacan said:
lol just sayin, you joined this month, unless you refused to sign up for months

Actually, yeah... lol
I used to be an active member on several different forums years ago but life caught up to me and I'm usually too busy to post so I never really bothered with signing up. Besides, it's always real hard to get started trying to fit in as a new member on an already established forum. *shrug* I just have some time off now and wanted to finally compliment goddess on the Amazing work she has done. If you would really like to discuss this further just PM me.. I really don't want my first post to end up hijacking a really great thread and I really don't want to offend goddess in any way.

glad you're back on track! it's always so emotionally draining to give up on a project I'm glad you found a way around it! :) as an aside the walmart here in AZ is selling packs of 5 foam things for 19 bucks, dunno bout michigan but it's a thought. that helmet looks spectacular, really good mold and a fantastic paint job. you're doing really well weathering it and such. makes my foam recon helmet look like *expletive deleted to avoid offending two grandmothers in ohio* :p

trying buying an iridium visor HGs heres a link for one: http://speed-addict-cycles.amazonwebstore.com/Suomy-Spec-1R-Extreme-Apex-Blue/M/B003V2QF26.htm

Your lucky that primary helmet mold that guy sent you fits you, my noggin is so darn big i don't think anyone here has a helmet mold i could barrow.....by the way what material did you use for yor helmet?

Well, the guy GAVE ME the helmet. I'm not just borrowing it........I get to keep it. :p So if you want to know what material was used, you would have to ask Calladar since he is the one that made the mold. ;) And I replied to your message about the visor.

A FREE helmet! Awesome! After you finish this, youre gonna go back to youre Hyabusa, RIGHT? lol This is a great suit, cant wait to see it done!

lol just sayin, you joined this month, unless you refused to sign up for months

Id just like to mention, I lurked for a good two years before I made my account here. I didnt want to join if there was too much flaming or kids around causing issues. I started to really like some of the members,and couldnt pass up the great info in the threads around here like in this build for example...

Just checking up on you to see how you're build is going for the Sept. 24 Con. in the D

Well, ONCE again, money is still an issue and chances are we will NOT have the money to attend the Detroit Fanfare. So once again, I have no reason to finish my costume at the moment since I have nothing to wear it to. :\

Still don't even have a visor for my helmet since I can't afford it and still don't have the boots made since I don't have the money to afford the foam either. :\ We still owe back rent AND we still owe A LOT of money for our bills. This is really starting to suck. I have YET to fully finish a costume, but it seems that something ALWAYS happens to where I can't afford to buy my supplies anymore and every little penny I make has to go towards bills and it STILL doesn't help to catch us up on everything.

I'm about to just never build another costume ever again since this ALWAYS happens!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back