Halo Reach Suit (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finally in the painting stage! I smoothed the life out of this helmet, primed it, and started air brushing the deep red I want to use. So far so good. This is the first real time I'm using my airbrush so still figuring it out.

ce0361f9.jpg

3fa6d91e.jpg

c4840838.jpg

563b987b.jpg

and more paint. I'm doing to do some weathering here and there but this is pretty much all of the base color.

30164891.jpg

50793f68.jpg

90% finished with the paint job. I like how the colors and scratches came out. I'm going to start on the rest of the suit tomorrow and maybe look for a cheap tinted visor soon.

f61b3e96.jpg

2c9da7e0.jpg

0a9a94ae.jpg

1523a8e7.jpg

Now we're cooking with fire! Smooth cast 320 is amazing and worth every cent. I probably spent more on fiberglass/bondo for my first suit and should have gotten this to begin with. So now I've got the chest piece hardened and a few other parts here and there. I think I'll do the boots in foam last just to see how much plastic I have left.

3b93c71d.jpg

77333082.jpg

18a11bf4.jpg

2e1cf1e7.jpg

90% finished with the paint job. I like how the colors and scratches came out. I'm going to start on the rest of the suit tomorrow and maybe look for a cheap tinted visor soon.

well, would you look at that. lookin pretty nice, I'd say. if you're looking for a cheap visor(you too Anna), check this out, there's one in here: Intro Guide(and other things ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info about the visors. I got my cheap one off amazon and now I'm looking for gold or chrome at local motorcycle shops.

Update
I hardened all the pieces for my suit with smooth cast and the remaining helmets. It took no time at all to do all the parts. I'm amazed how well everything came out with the plastic. Never going back to fiberglass again!

c4705133.jpg

5008d702.jpg

10dd4953.jpg

5c5a60d0.jpg

d07e9801.jpg

Aue man so on ur mk vi helmet did u carve the detail into the bondo? Or did u bondo each detail piece from the pep file itself and then attach. I ask because i honestly forgot about them on my helmet haha

Aue man so on ur mk vi helmet did u carve the detail into the bondo? Or did u bondo each detail piece from the pep file itself and then attach. I ask because i honestly forgot about them on my helmet haha

I carved them in by adding a layer of bondo. I almost forgot about them too. I have a little MK VI helmet that I used for reference and did what I could.

Haha im glad im not the only one. Cause i held onto the shapes jus incase aye haha. Aw well. Its looking sweet. Everytime i come in here it teases me for winter starting early. I cant wait to see your finished suit man

I wanted to keep the suit just the base model, but with my free time I've been bored and I made two shoulder pieces today. There's still about a third of the smooth cast left so I figured why not. Been jumping around on different parts of the suit and other helmets this week. I think I'll focus on the arms tomorrow and probably harden the new stuff.

5a9a466e.jpg

I needed a better weapon and what better then the DMR! It took me awhile to do this because I kept putting it off. I finished it a few weeks ago but need to fix the warping before I use smooth cast on it.

e926c745.jpg

ae74378c.jpg

@R8b
Which file is that? I don't think I've seen or got that one yet...
Although I wouldn't personally pep a weapon, you've done a fine job on getting all the detail!

CJ

@R8b
Which file is that? I don't think I've seen or got that one yet...
Although I wouldn't personally pep a weapon, you've done a fine job on getting all the detail!

CJ

The file I used was just labeled DMR(3). I got it from a data base with all of the reach files but it's no longer available, which sucks since it had everything and was easy to find parts.
I kinda regret pepping this one but it's already done and now I'll just have to go back and detail it.

The file I used was just labeled DMR(3). I got it from a data base with all of the reach files but it's no longer available, which sucks since it had everything and was easy to find parts.
I kinda regret pepping this one but it's already done and now I'll just have to go back and detail it.
Database, as in this old link? www.4shared.com/dir/iLZI7Rb-/halo_reach_files.html
Would you be able to post/upload it? I don't remember that file ever being on the database.

I haven't been up to much because it was so hot outside and I didn't have air conditioning. Once the inside temp went from 98 to 72 I felt better. I decided to stay in yesterday and enjoy to cool air and pep a new helmet. I picked the grenadier helmet because I really like that Mark II look. Did this over the course of the day, kinda don't like that I can get this stuff done so quickly because I'll just make more. Anyway I probably won't do much with this for awhile since I need to harden my DMR and I'm running low on smooth cast. So this will just have to sit around for now.

02cb73ab.jpg

038233ed.jpg

4f70f4ce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back