Halp! Q: How To Make Artificial Smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

Hi all,
Maybe somebody knows about cheap, fast and safe method of producing smoke for effect?
Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: I find it myself there, good tutorial.
And there nice tut with pics!
But if you know something to add, post it here.

bevbor said:
Hi all,
Maybe somebody knows about cheap, fast and safe method of producing smoke for effect?
Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: I find it myself there, good tutorial.
And there nice tut with pics!
But if you know something to add, post it here.
salt peter is banned in my country :( and dry ice is a good method i think

Last edited by a moderator:
Dry Ice is fun...and it last along time. When i worked for The UPS Store and we would have people try and ship fish or ewhatever with too much dry ice, we would always take the extra ice and go out back and play with it for the rest of the day. good times.........good times...

When i made some war movies in high school i would take some hay, then put some hot glowing embers from a fire in it. You can get quite a bit of smoke from that, but youll need to be careful as there is a small fire hazrd involved. There wont be alot of fire but the hay will eventually ignite. Ive gotten some very good smoke from that, you can also just take a large double handful of hay and throw it on a small fire.

Just be careful with dry ice if you use it. It can and will burn you bad since it is that cold. Fun to play with. Take the dry ice, put it in a bowl, add water, instant fog. Drop some in a plastic bottle, add water, shake it up a little and put the cap on tight. Expansion will bust the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back