Helljumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme TACTICS 101

Okay, I just felt like posting this here for kicks. Tell me what you think.

Helljumper

The life of Tarkov, a Russian ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper)​

I stood, looking at the grave of my fallen comrade. A yellow and red flag atop his makeshift grave. The rest of my squad, now the five of us dared not speak. It was a simple moment to honor our fallen brother.

I looked off into the distance. It was dark. The only thing lighting the sky were the explosions in the distance. The only sound was distant gunfire, and the screams of soldiers. I heard another thud and I closed my eyes. My memory began to whirl.

* * *​

The metallic coffin read ‘SSGT. K. STARK-S6327-91200-KS’. The symbol of the Orbital Drop Shock Trooper just above it. The flaming skull inside of the Drop pod glairing at me. I looked over at my friends mother. She was holding a white tissue to her eyes as she dabbed her tears away. One of the senior officers handed her the flag that just two minutes ago covered the coffin. She accepted it.

The senior officer then walked away. Another officer barked in Hungarian. “Present Arms!” The marines snapped their assault rifles and aimed up at the sky. “Fire!” As the command was heard, seven gunshots in unison rang out. I flinched as the overwhelmingly loud gunfire echoed through the valley. Another seven gunshots rang out, and I flinched again. As I did, I closed my eyes again.

When I opened them, I was standing at attention. My hair was shaved off. I was wearing a black ODST Trainee shirt, along with the other 30 trainees behind and beside me. We were in a dark hanger. I quickly glanced to my right and saw my Officer. He was yelling at everyone in Hungarian. He looked at my boots. “Tarkov!” I looked at my boots, and noticed that one of my laces were visible. I quickly looked back at him. He pushed me down by the shoulder and yelled “Thirty push-ups, now!”. I inhaled as I went down, and exhaled as I pushed up. It seemed as if the concrete floor was rising to meet my nose, and falling away ever few seconds. I closed my eyes to avoid some of my sweat getting into my eyes.

As I opened my eyes again, I found myself in a mud pit under razor wire. It was dark out, but there were some lights focused on the sidewalk beside the pit. My officer was there too, holding a M6C SOCOM pistol. He raised it and fired into the mud beside me. Dirt and water was kicked up no more then six inched from my chest. “Do you want to die? Do you!? Faster! Go, go, go!” My NCO yelled and fired three more times around me. I kept crawling. Each officer who was there continued to fire on random members of their units. The dull thuds of their silenced pistols, the slight flash of fire from the muzzle of their weapons, and their constant screaming was terrifying. We all knew the pistols could not kill you with one single round. But if you were hit, you were out of the ODST training program. We all feared that. We had stridden for a long three months to get here. We were not going to back down. Ever.

I neared the end of the wire pit. I then saw a drop off just 5 feet after where the wire ended. I looked over the edge. There was a 20 foot drop down to some straw, and then the obstacle course continued. I stood at the edge of the drop off, and swallowed hard. I then jumped, feet first. Just before I landed in the straw below, I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes again, and was met with a dark grey bulk of metal in front of me. I was shacking around in my pod. I looked down through one of my four inch thick, air-tight “windows” and saw the ground rapidly approaching. A red light was flickering on and off as I continued to descend towards the ground. A few seconds later, my pod smashed into the ground, and a high pitched buzzing tone sounded for one second, just before my pod door blew off.

I ran out, keeping my head down and looking around me. It was my first encounter with the Covenant forces. Blue, red, and green plasma bolts and golden streaks of light the we all knew were twelve inch spikes of extremely heated, formed metal were flying over our heads. There were sixty of us, but there were hundreds of them. They were all dug in around us. Banshees were soaring above us, dropping plasma explosives, or as the soldiers called them ‘Banshee Bombs’. They exploded the second they hit the ground in a burst of fire and lightning. They strafed us constantly. All we could so was keep down, avoid as much fire as possible, and return fire at the enemy positions and at the banshees above us.

I knelt every few meters behind cover and poked my head out to pop a few shots from my suppressed SMG at the enemy positions. I continued charging. Ever few feet I would have to jump over a dead body of one of my comrades. I looked to my left in time to see a plasma burst go off beside a number of my fellow troops. One of them dropped to the ground. His arm was on fire, and he was missing one of his legs from the knee down. His other leg was missing chunks of flesh, and bone and scorched here and there. Smoke arose from the wounds and the soldier screamed and groaned. I looked away discussed, my stomach turning.

I continued running, dodging fire. There was a crater where a plasma burst had gone off a few moments ago. I was almost to it when a Brute Chieftain raised its huge, 10 foot hammer and swung at me. An invisible force struck me and I flew into the crater. My helmet flew off and I saw a flash of blue light as the hammers gravity discharge went into the air. I gasped and very quickly looked around for my SMG. I was shaking.

I looked over at the brute again. It hit a lever on the top of its hammer and it reveled a foot long spike. It growled at me and struck a stance as it prepared to lunge at me with the hammer. As I lie in the mud and water the brute looked twenty feet tall in its red and black armour and robes. Its helmet alone stood another three feet atop its head. I found my SMG in the water. I aimed it at the brute, but when I squeezed the trigger the gun jammed. The brute lunged at me, and drove the hammers blade into my chest. I gasped as the Brute Chieftain put its enormous foot on my chest, and ripped the spike from my chest. The spike was covered in my own blood. I noticed my SMG was coiled around the spike. It must have made the chieftain miss my head and hit my chest with its spike. The brute tore it from its hammer, and looked at it with disgust. It threw it away as if it was a mere twig. It growled again and raised its hammer once more at me. I winced in pain as I struggled to upholster my pistol. I finally managed to, and began to fire at the brute. Each round did little damage to the brute and it simply roared and lifted its hammer above its head to bash me into the ground. As I abandoned all hope of survival, I finished emptying the magazine of the pistol and threw it at the brute. I looked at it as its hammer began to fall towards me. I heard a faint explosion as in the corner of my eye I saw a banshee being struck with a rocket, and fall from the sky in a shroud of smoke and flames. It drove into the ground, with yet another explosion just behind the brute. The brutes hammer drove into the dirt just above my head, and fell, dead beside me. I continued looking at it as I began to feel the pain in my chest increase.

I found it extremely hard to breath, and I suddenly realized one of my lungs had been punctured. I was wheezing now, clawing at my chest as I gasped for air. A huge burning sensation took over my whole body. I could only lie in the mud, as the water began to seep into my under suit, and the cold began to breeze into my body. I looked down at my shattered chest plate. A large hole spattered with blood was on the right side of it. I looked away as I began to panic. I looked around for a fellow soldier. Anyone who could help me. I looked down again, and found my Bio-foam canister taped to my hip plate. I grabbed it with my right hand, and ripped it from my black, dull armour. I adjusted the nozzle, and shoved it into my wound. I attempted screamed, but I couldn’t. All of the air from my lungs had escaped from my body. I squeezed the lever, and a shock wave of pain went through my body as the wound began to fill with a cream colored foam. I kept trying to scream, and as the wound was being filled in with the foam, I started to louder and louder noise. Eventually, I was full out screaming in pain. I inhaled heavily. I was gasping for every little bit of air I could consume. I removed the nozzle of the Bio-foam canister from my now closed wound, and chucked it away from myself. I looked at the brutes dead, motionless body again. I shuttered, and closed my eyes to put my fear at the back of my mind.

* * *​

I heard another explosion near by as I was brought back to reality. I opened my eyes, and focused once again on the grave. I knelt down beside it, and grabbed the flag from the top of it. I quickly stuffed it behind my chest plate. I looked over at my other squad members. They looked at me. I raised my helmet to the top of my head, and roughly put it on. The clear visor flicked from top to bottom to black. I yanked the charging handle of my Suppressed M7S SMG back, and chambered a new round. My comrades did the same.

As we began to move out, I sang softly to myself “And my army of brothers went over the hilltops, drenched in blood we may be... but fighting is all left to me... Together with my army of brothers... down we fall... in darkness in all... Through hell!"

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back