Help A Member Get To Dragoncon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogWizard

OK - so here's the deal... :D

There's someone from this forum who is trying to get to DragonCon this year and working hard to make it happen. They were initially not planning on trying to make the trip but they have been convinced otherwise... :cool The thing is - it's a package deal for both this person and his lovely wife which raises the investment just a bit. They also just happen to be "off the beaten path" in the 405th universe so there's really not a lot of local support and the chances of carpooling in are about nil (they need to fly in from Utah).

I would like to help them achieve this worthy goal and conveniently, I just happen to have something that may help get them there. Due to an unfortunate (or fortunate) twist, I find myself in possession of an extra helmet cast from Privateer. This is one of his "Concept Marine" helmets modeled from the Halo 3 Art Book. There aren't a whole lot of these floating around and if you've seen his work, you know that Charlie does some top-quality sculpts - it's really a beautiful helmet. I have cleared this with Ithica and Privateer and they are on-board with the helmet being used for this purpose.

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

There is only one little catch - there was some minor shipping damage along the bottom rim. It's nothing you can see from the side or top but there is a crack and one small chipped-out section. I was going ro repair it first but I have started this plan later than I would have liked (forum down, A/C System needed replacing, etc.) and am in a bit of a time crunch so it will go out as-is. The repairs (if you choose to do them) will be minor and should be easily within the skill set for most everyone here.

IMG_0772.jpg

I would like to use the "Auction" method with the Ithica twist of updating the current high bidder so that everyone knows what the target it. You can either bid in the thread or via PM. Shipping will be included with the final bid amount (CONUS only unless someone wants to chip in to get it sent farther out). I would like to start the bidding at a modest $75.00 which is well below what this helmet is worth.

I will receive no funds from this - all proceeds will be sent to the lucky recipient. In case you haven't guessed from the clues - this member is Timecon (Tim). He has been quietly contributing to the 405th for a while now and I would like to see him be able to do this and show off some of his work...

This auction will end on Sunday at midnight EST so Bid Early and Bid Often!!!

Thanks,

-Dogwizard

I would love to see Tim get to be able to go to dragoncon! Im not finanially sound right now so I can't bid. Sorry, but good luck! I like how you hid his name in the paragraph. Very Da Vinci Code. Haha.

In addition to trying my luck at winning the auction, I'm going to offer another donation,

I'm auctioning off one lighted ammo counter, built and installed in someone's LeeKeegan BR55, and contributing all the proceeds to the airfare fund. I think bidding should start at $35.

This would only be the ammo counter, not painting and assembling the rest of the rifle, and it'd be easiest to work on a raw upper. I'll pay for all materials used in the counter and installation, and for shipping it back to the owner. I'd be able to do the work on this after I get back from Gencon on the 17th, and the mods only take two or three days.

The counter is a static display, the numbers don't change. You can see the counter and installation in my Lee BR here.

th_BR55062.jpg

Loess has stepped up and is now the current high bidder at $75.00!!!

I'd like to keep the bidding in increments of $5.00 so who will be the next to step up? It's a great helmet and would make a heck of a start on a H3 Marine suit. Due to Loess' "counter addition" I will be extending the auction until Tuesday at midnight. Don't forget that the winning bid INCLUDES SHIPPING in the lower 48 so let's keep it going and thanks!

Wow - thanks for the outpouring of support...

It looks like Loess (thank you for jumping in) is the big winner - I will send you a PM shortly to finalize the details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back