"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
PVC pipe in the correct size with styrene for the bottom (yard sale/beware of dog signs)

Sorry to double post, but what do people use for shotgun shells in breacher attachments, cuz if i can i have some real ones i can use if i do would tht be legal ik i cant wear something like tht to school or anything, but could i wear it to the mall with em on? Or to a con for example?

Cut copper pipe and put a hammered cap on one end paint the cylinder leave the end shiney.
4e7uzeju.jpg
erezajeb.jpg

Gamertag: RYNOx666

Gots a quick question. I downloaded the MP Helmet from reach to the 4share doodad but I don't know how to actually pull it up so that I can actually visibely see the pepakura file and print it off, any peeps know how I can do that?

Gots a quick question. I downloaded the MP Helmet from reach to the 4share doodad but I don't know how to actually pull it up so that I can actually visibely see the pepakura file and print it off, any peeps know how I can do that?

Do you have the Pepakura program? If not, follow this link and download the free edition if you don't plan on altering or saving resized items.

If you already have the file, we may need more information as to what is happening.

Oh yeah, my sis got it for me, thanks man, she just saved the pdo files as documents and load it on the pepakura viewer.
Do you have the Pepakura program? If not, follow this link and download the free edition if you don't plan on altering or saving resized items.

If you already have the file, we may need more information as to what is happening.

Okey, so I am going to make my first build be EVA foam ODST armour, and I am wondering if the boots I have will look right or if I should buy a new pair. Here is a pic of what my boots kind of look like.
2e91ad6d27e34b8498f27a91081c.jpg

hey there, I have a question that may be a little off topic, as these forums seem to be specifically about armour and costumes.
Thing is, I plan to make an EVA 01 figure, roughly 80 cm high and I'm wondering if there would be any way to harden it and make it more durable. would resin (without fiber glass cloth) work? is there some other way to stiffen the paper or would it be possible to use the assembled paper figure as a base for some sort of clay? if there is some reliable method for hardening the figure, would I be able to paint it afterwards? if so, what paint would work?
Thanks in advance

well, i can't get my hands on the PDO at the moment but it should be a much simpler (and smaller) version of this:
considering the amount of detail and how thin some parts are, I imagine it would be very hard to apply any sort of hardener unless it was some sort of thin spray...
I'm sorry I can't be more specific at the time.

P.S. Is it okay to post youtube links?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a pretty cool build they made. Looks to me the process is the same as what most of us use for pepakura, minus the rondo and fiberglass on the interior. If I were to do something like this, I would build it out of medium heavy cardstock with a brush on coating of epoxy and then a finish of bondo and spot filler where needed. Paint after that is up to you. Obviously, this is not something that is made overnight. There were a lot of hours in that video's build.

Hey there guys. I found a 3d file for the black marker from dead space universe, and after I put it into pepakura designer to unfold it, the file does not move properly. If I want to turn it around it just tilts sideways... Is there any way to fix this, because it is incredibly difficult to unfold it when it moves like that. Here's the file so you can see exactly what I'm talking about - http://www.4shared.com/file/CfVZKThA/Marker.html

It's moving around perfectly normal for me. If you're used to the way something moves on a particular 3D modeling program, it may just take a little getting used to on your part.

i hope this is the right area to put this but if not please move to right area.

what thickness of cardboard to use with halo armour on builds

Killing two birds with one stone here hopefully!

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has experience using DAS air dry clay (http://www.eckersleys.com.au/products/das-air-dry-clay) I'm thinking of using for detailing work on a cardboard/resin weapon build, but am not sure how it reacts to resing, or if bondo can be used over the top.

Cheers

Since it is a water based clay, you should have no problems with either resin or bondo reacting negatively to it. I am unsure of how well it will bond to the epoxy you have added to the cardboard, but I think it should be fine. Also, keep an eye out on shrinkage. Most mediums that are water based have a shrinkage factor. The description on the website does not give any information on that part. The only precaution I would throw out there is to be sure it is completely dried before applying either to it. Also, I would suggest starting a build thread and posting your experiences with this medium... we all love to see new stuff!

i hope this is the right area to put this but if not please move to right area.

what thickness of cardboard to use with halo armour on builds

I take it by cardboard you are referring to cardstock (the heavy weight paper used in the pepakura process). If so, you will want to use 110lb. cardstock. I personally have used Hammermill's 100lb cardstock with great success, but when I go out on the 1st to purchase new cardstock, I will be keeping my eye out for the 110lb stuff. Also, if this is what you are looking for, be sure it is not coated with anything. Get the matte stuff. Glossy/photo/archival = bad.

I hope this helps you. :)

I take it by cardboard you are referring to cardstock (the heavy weight paper used in the pepakura process). If so, you will want to use 110lb. cardstock. I personally have used Hammermill's 100lb cardstock with great success, but when I go out on the 1st to purchase new cardstock, I will be keeping my eye out for the 110lb stuff. Also, if this is what you are looking for, be sure it is not coated with anything. Get the matte stuff. Glossy/photo/archival = bad.

No cardboard is what I meant.....already started check link

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/40885-FLYzilla-s-Cardboard-Halo-Mark-VI-Helmet-Project

I hope this is the right place for the following question:

Have you guys ever shipped your armor (pepakura, not foam) for a moving? I will move at the end of February from Boston to Italy and I'm looking for advise about how pack the armor in the safest way!!! Thanks in advance!

I hope this is the right place for the following question:

Have you guys ever shipped your armor (pepakura, not foam) for a moving? I will move at the end of February from Boston to Italy and I'm looking for advise about how pack the armor in the safest way!!! Thanks in advance!

Wear it on the trip :)

Probably pack it in a box or two with the small packaging foam things to fill the voids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back