"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey 405th,

I'm pretty knew to the paper craft building business so I'm still trying to smooth out some bumps with building my armor. I started with the shoulder pads and I finished pasting everything together, but then I hit a snag with the assembly.

Here's my problem. I've built all the part to the shoulder but I'm not sure how to put them together.

This is all the parts to the ODST shoulder modeled by Nightshade, not put together.
[MG]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/Ronny-ODST/100_3610.jpg[/IMG]

And this is how I'm assuming it needs to go together.
[MG]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/Ronny-ODST/100_3611.jpg[/IMG]

Can someone help me with how it should properly be assembled?

By the way why did the model have bars go across the back of it. Do those need to stay there or do I take them off after I fiber glass everything? They seem like they would get in the way when I want to wear it.
[MG]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/Ronny-ODST/100_3613.jpg[/IMG]

And if anyone has any tips or criticism for me that would be great too. This was my first paper craft and I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

(by the way is this the proper place to post this type of question or is there a better place to ask this question?)

You are in the correct section.

The pieces do go together in that order. The top is supposed to up on your shoulder, and then the rest of it sort of bends down over your shoulder. As far as assemblying the, run a strap down the middle of each piece. That will allow the whole assembly to be flexible, but hold it together.

Those little cross pieces come off after you fiberglass the piece. They're just there to prevent the piece from warping.

Hey guys so everytime I search for something, it shows me the thread that has results, but not the page number, and there's a LOT of pages for the reach and pepakura threads. Is there any way to show me what page it's on? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys so everytime I search for something, it shows me the thread that has results, but not the page number, and there's a LOT of pages for the reach and pepakura threads. Is there any way to show me what page it's on? Thanks in advance!

Wrong thread, there's a question thread specifically for questions about the forum itself.

Anyways, there's a little button on the top right called "search thread", try using that once you've found an interesting thread.

Wrong thread, there's a question thread specifically for questions about the forum itself.

Anyways, there's a little button on the top right called "search thread", try using that once you've found an interesting thread.

Got it thanks a lot! It's been there the whole time I'm just blind haha. And apologies for the wrong thread.

Okay. i will be completely honest... I'm not quite getting the scaling thing. i understand everything else...

Is there any way someone could post a link, PM me, or maybe explain a good scaling technique, step by step, so that i may learn? i will be using the halo wiki pep files for each of my pieces... but i know they're not by the same person so pieces will slightly differ.

I am very new to this whole thing, but am very meticulous in my work. I'm SO excited to get started. :) but i sorta figured that scaling is one of the first and major things that should happen. please help :D

PEPAKURA files HELP!!!!!!!!!

hey im just getting started with this kinda stuff mostly looking to do helmets if anyone has the files for PEPAKURA for Army Of Two masks both of them, Anthony Carmine helmet from gears of war 1 and Ben Carmine from gears of war 2 and all the Halo helmets i know thats a lot to ask for but if someone hooked it up it would make me hella happy and help me move these projects forward

I'm not quite getting the scaling thing.

What exactly is it that you don't understand?

Try looking at the sketches in my build thread, maybe they help. Basically, every part of your body as a certain size and you scale the respective piece to a size that will fit.

please dont stone me

I am getting everything organized to start on a cast. My $200 printer just died and am left with no way to print off the pep files. Is there any kind soul who will help me acquire the prints? I will pay for Amy materials used. Pleeeeeeeaaaase

I checked the first few pages on the thread but didnt see anyone ask this, if it was later asked I do appaulagise. So I was gathering info on my printer to find out if I could even use it for what is intailed. Its a Kodak ESP 7, and I can use up to cardstock 110lb

Paper Types Supported:
Plain paper
20 to 24 lb (60 to 90 gsm)
Photo paper
10 mils
Card stock
110 lb index max (200 gsm)
Envelopes
20 to 24 lb (75 to 90 gsm)

Will this be be a prefered type to use when doing up my costume (helmet/gear ect)??? Or do you all use heavier grades? Thanks in advance

If you use anything lower than 110 weight it will most likely warp, if you use anything over 160 weight you'll have a heck of a time trying to fold the paper.

Got a question - since most of files I have always kinda too big for paper itself so I wonder how can you make sure that piece of part is belong to other piece ? because sometime when it print out it print like HALF of part on one paper and other part on other? so is there a opition that you can make edge flip for that so ya know which it go to? or whatnot? Any tip will be great Thanks :)

Not sure I understand that question, but if you are asking what to do when a piece is too large to print on a single piece of paper, you have two choices:

1. Print the parts on the multiple pages. Then tape or glue the piece(s) back together once you cut it out; or
2. Use Pepakura's "Join/Disjoin" faces function to spit the part(s) into smaller pieces (available in the 2D Menu - edit mode).

Hey guys,

I've been experimenting with some models I got from other members and my chief issue seems to be the sizing. I'm pretty tall, about 6'4", and the models I've been forming are a bit small. How can I change the size of these models on the program? On some pieces I just need to make them longer, such as the forearm, instead of just larger overall. Any help is much appreciated!

I've been experimenting with some models I got from other members and my chief issue seems to be the sizing. I'm pretty tall, about 6'4", and the models I've been forming are a bit small. How can I change the size of these models on the program? On some pieces I just need to make them longer, such as the forearm, instead of just larger overall. Any help is much appreciated!

2D menu/change scale. Choose the relevant dimension and enter the desired value. You'll have to rearrange the pieces on the paper afterwards as well.

Stretching the model (i.e. changing only one dimension) isn't possible, you'd have t change the model for that and re-unfold it.

Hi

Im pretty new to this can anyone help me please im about 5'7" and am struggling to get right size fitting for the reach armour any help would be great thanks.

also what reach armour files are best to work with accuracy/build wise

cheers

Sorry, just one dumb question?

I have noticed that 'unfolding' and 'unfolders' seem to be a little special. Both model builders and unfolders are credited and it raised this question and I cant seem to find the answer.

Is the unfold button on P/Designer enough or do these folks unfold manually somehow for a better result?

Thats it, off to the naughty 'noob' step now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back