"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok when i try to print in pep the numbers super overlap and ive tried to find how to change font size but i cant figure it out there is no option that i can see what the websites are telling me to do. also when i print out low definition hand plates the lines dont show up only the numbers do. it is scale related but if i make the scale bigger it prints the lines but it doesnt fit my hand. so i dunno what to do

Go to "Settings-Print and Paper". About half way down, you will see a drop box with the label "Lineweight". Set that to 7 or 8. Also, select "Print Lines Smoothly(bitmap print)".

Hey guys. My helmet seems pretty big right now, I used the pepakura scaling tool someone made. But this thing still looks pretty big. Are they supposed to be a lot bigger before you resin them or add anything but the paper to them? I'm really hoping it isn't too big.

Edit: Measuring it it measures 1' 4'' long. And 11'' high Is this too big? (MkVI)
It's more helpful to post a pic of you wearing the helmet in order to judge its size correctly.

It's more helpful to post a pic of you wearing the helmet in order to judge its size correctly.
I don't have a camera... Oh well, I think I'm going to start over and actually scale it, instead of using this program. I might even start with a piece other than the helmet.

Time for HD Models

Hi all-

Just wanted to make sure that I'm not doin' something terribly wrong - HD models are time-consuming, yes? Thanks!

Yes, but even low def can be time consuming depending on how fast you work and what piece your building (i.e. a HD helm would take more time than a low def but even the low def still takes a fair amount of time) Pepping is one of the more time consuming parts of the whole proccess.

Just make sure to take your time, The better your starting model looks the better the finished project looks.

Hope that answers your question.

Just wanted to make sure that I'm not doin' something terribly wrong - HD models are time-consuming, yes?

Yes, but if you want to turn a low-def pepakura model into a fully detailed finished model, you have a lot of sanding and detailing to do. Starting with a high-def Pepakura model makes that a little easier.

Hi there, everyone. I'm gonna be blunt; I'm green as grass when it comes to Pepakura. Heck, last time I cut and glued paper together was kindergarten. I've watched tutorials on Youtube before coming here, and I know I can make my own detailed Spartan Armor. That will come with experience, however. To get the hang of this Pepakura thing, what Pepakura Projects do you guys on forum recomend for a beginer? Thanks for the recomendations! :)

To get the hang of this Pepakura thing, what Pepakura Projects do you guys on forum recomend for a beginer?
Anything labeled as LD or low-def. Halo 1 Marine armor is one example. Mark VI from Halo 1 (modeled by Moz) is also a good set to start with.

hey guys,

can any of you tell me how to scale my ODST blue prints to fit my size without buying pepakura desiner

thanks,
volcom12

can any of you tell me how to scale my ODST blue prints to fit my size without buying pepakura desiner

Just the way the tutorials tell you to. You don't have to buy the programme for that. Guess you didn't even try, heh? :)

By the way, a blueprint is not something with shapes you can cut out. You're talking about Pepakura files.

Hey guys... I'm new at this Armor-building-thing :D I watched the vid-instructions/tutorial on Instructables/youtube but there is still one question I have!
HOW do I scale the Pepacura-Parts. The Blueprint I mean.

Cause the shoulder-part i printed is quiet huge... I dont know if this question is answered here allreday.
Thx 4 the comments in advance^^

I dont know if this question is answered here allreday.

Yeah, in the post above yours, more or less.

Since this is your first post, let me make it easy for you; everything you need to start should be in here. In the future, remember that the search function is your friend. Have fun.

Hi there.
I've finished my first Pepakura Project, yet I was wondering what sort of glue is best used for this kind of crafting. I've used Gorilla Super Glue that I picked up in an Office Max, and it held the helmet (Halo: Combat Evolved Marine Helmet) together just fine. I want to ask what kind of glue is used by the people on forum, and which is the preferred kind. Thanks!

Hi there.
I've finished my first Pepakura Project, yet I was wondering what sort of glue is best used for this kind of crafting. I've used Gorilla Super Glue that I picked up in an Office Max, and it held the helmet (Halo: Combat Evolved Marine Helmet) together just fine. I want to ask what kind of glue is used by the people on forum, and which is the preferred kind. Thanks!

Hot glue is probably the most popular, followed by super glue. A few people also use other glues, Elmer's seems to come up regularly here.

In the end, it's up to you. Use whichever you prefer.

I just printed out HD Right Hand Plate by Robogenisis and um it came out without the numbers is that normal? When I printed out the helmet it came with the numbers.

Strange....It was already on, I changed the font size to 4 and printed again and it came out with the numbers....But thanks Hickeydog Ill make sure to double check that from now on.

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but does anyone have any unfolded iron man suit peps? I have a mac....and yea......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back