"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has to be the most basic question for pepakura, I'll inquire it like a scared little noob;

Thems so many pages! Where do I start?? T-T

I noticed on the file that it's number with Line ID's. Is that the order you need to assemble the product? I didn't do that on my first pep, the infamous beginner grenade (of justice).

Thanks for your help guys!

Okay. You start by scoring all of the fold lines (There is a scoring tutorial in the Pepakura sub forum). Then cut out all the pieces, then just start putting them together. It helps to have the pep file open on the computer so you can see what piece goes where. You don't have to put the pep file together in any specific order.

And yes, some of the pep files have 30+ pages. Just be patient and have lots of good movies.

I need to make the HEV suit files, because no one has them.

What program does everyone use for designing models before importing them to pepakura?

Okay. You start by scoring all of the fold lines (There is a scoring tutorial in the Pepakura sub forum). Then cut out all the pieces, then just start putting them together. It helps to have the pep file open on the computer so you can see what piece goes where. You don't have to put the pep file together in any specific order.

And yes, some of the pep files have 30+ pages. Just be patient and have lots of good movies.

Thanks, that helps. I folded the grenade wrong mainly because I ended up stuck with no way to put the top piece on because I couldn't get to the inside of the piece to glue it on. I'm starting to think, the flaps can go on the outside since when you bondo it, it won't really matter. I appreciate the help!

BIG FAT BLACK LINES YUCK!!!

I don't think this is any kind of "feature" - more like a bug somewhere. BUt I have no idea what to do about it, sorry.

Sorry if this has already been covered and I just missed it, but what's with the big gaps between pieces of armor that should be solid? I'm building a suit for a 6-year old so I tried to go with the low-def patterns, but the Mark VI thigh is like 5 seperate parts that don't hook together (some of the odst armor looks this way as well). Am I missing something?

Provided I understand you correctly, these gaps are only visible in the 3D view, not in the finished model. You can deactivate them in the view settings.

hay 405th my pepping is not working out im working on a mark 6 helm from halo3 and had a missprint i reprinted the piece and now after folding im ready for final assemble and theres the problem the numbers on the piece dont match with the piece the program is telling me it should go, should i move on? this is 1 of 3 reprinted pieces the build will stop on this section for now thanks

If you change something and then reprint, the numbers may change, I've had this as well. Make sure the pieces belong together and then go ahead.

Hello Im new to the 405th not sure if this has been asked before pretty sure it has but I was watching a Tutorial Video from Ithaca and he was saying that when you install the pep it should already come downloaded with everything...

I doubt he said that :)
There's a thread floating around somewhere with a Pepakura Pack that contains pretty much everything you can think of.

Hello I know this is asked a lot but can anyone tell me a good scaling method functional for any armor or post a link please!!! thanks in advance

Look around the forums. Theres a rather new tutorial and there are lots of questions about it that have already been answered.

Thanks, that helps. I folded the grenade wrong mainly because I ended up stuck with no way to put the top piece on because I couldn't get to the inside of the piece to glue it on. I'm starting to think, the flaps can go on the outside since when you bondo it, it won't really matter. I appreciate the help!

Yes, they can. However, that will make sanding harder later on.

You don't have to glue on the whole flap, by the way. It's strong enough to superglue the edge of the other piece into the fold without the flap's and the pieces' surface actually touching.

Ah that means i can't make armour if the black lines are the bug to designer. That would mean that others have it too? :S

I don't think i can start until friday anyway. Got work at night then sleep in day then friday will go to the library and find a solution.

EDIT: That didn't make a lick of sense

I

Yes, they can. However, that will make sanding harder later on.

You don't have to glue on the whole flap, by the way. It's strong enough to superglue the edge of the other piece into the fold without the flap's and the pieces' surface actually touching.

Thanks a bunch, I guess I realy should have thought of that. haha,
Does that mean I should substitute superglue for hot glue?

Thanks a bunch, I guess I realy should have thought of that. haha,
Does that mean I should substitute superglue for hot glue?

It's a matter of personal preference really.

You should keep in mind that superglue lets off a few fumes that will irritate your eyes and especially your air passages. At first it's only smelling sweet, but after a few hours you'll notice kind of a burning sensation in your nose while breathing. So in your case, depending on where your breathing problem lies, you may want to either wear a respirator (overkill, but eliminates the fumes) for that as well or stay away from it when possible.

It's a matter of personal preference really.

You should keep in mind that superglue lets off a few fumes that will irritate your eyes and especially your air passages. At first it's only smelling sweet, but after a few hours you'll notice kind of a burning sensation in your nose while breathing. So in your case, depending on where your breathing problem lies, you may want to either wear a respirator (overkill, but eliminates the fumes) for that as well or stay away from it when possible.

Dang, the silent killer was under my nose this entire time. Thanks for the heads up.

I have no idea where that bug is. It's the first time I've heard of it. Maybe your printer is broken :)

am not sure. will print it off my dads fancy printer lol. He is skepitcal as to what I am doing. Ssh!!! It could have been the library printer but am gonna test my dads and see what happens. Those pictures I took of the helmet in page 11 is measured on 250mm. I was wondering if you could tell me if its supposed to be that size so when I put it together it becomes part of the whole thing. Am still convinced thats it not the right size or scale.....

am not sure. will print it off my dads fancy printer lol. He is skepitcal as to what I am doing. Ssh!!! It could have been the library printer but am gonna test my dads and see what happens. Those pictures I took of the helmet in page 11 is measured on 250mm. I was wondering if you could tell me if its supposed to be that size so when I put it together it becomes part of the whole thing. Am still convinced thats it not the right size or scale.....

My current Mark VI is 250 mm wide and I think this time I got the scale right. What's right for you depends on your head, though, not on mine.

Hi guys I'm new and I had a question but because I'm new I didn't want to out right ask it. So I did some research and found what I think is the answer.

My question was "What kind of glue do you use to glue the pepakura pieces together?" After some research I discovered a hot glue gun is the possibly the most easiest and popular. I was wondering if that might be added to the tutorial help because I've done some papercraft before (Ceiling cat!) and I used gluestick and also tried elmers glue and both of those are terrible! Granted I am also not super patient so perhaps I moved too quickly.

Anyway if my research is right please add it for others to see! Or add the appropriate answer if I was incorrect!

Oh nuts I thought I was in a different thread when I posted this. Stupid me xD Well anyway if tutorials ever go up please be sure to include this information! Helps out super noobs like me ever so much!

Hi guys I'm new and I had a question but because I'm new I didn't want to out right ask it. So I did some research and found what I think is the answer.

My question was "What kind of glue do you use to glue the pepakura pieces together?" After some research I discovered a hot glue gun is the possibly the most easiest and popular. I was wondering if that might be added to the tutorial help because I've done some papercraft before (Ceiling cat!) and I used gluestick and also tried elmers glue and both of those are terrible! Granted I am also not super patient so perhaps I moved too quickly.

Anyway if my research is right please add it for others to see! Or add the appropriate answer if I was incorrect!

Oh nuts I thought I was in a different thread when I posted this. Stupid me xD Well anyway if tutorials ever go up please be sure to include this information! Helps out super noobs like me ever so much!

Well, the type of glue is a personal preferance. Like all the guides, you don't have to do exactly what they say. I prefer hot glue because my fingers have no feeling from soldering and it doesn't melt when you apply the resin.

Basically, any bonding material that doesn't melt when the resin is applied will do.

i am new at this i downloaded Pepakura and i was wondering if anyone can give me a good link to a halo helmet/body armor link to download thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back