"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome thanks.. also i have another noob question.. im doing the pep on a scout helmet and unless ive done this wrong the number side of the card stock is on the inside and the outside is just white.. are there some pep files where this is the case or should i cease this project right now?

thanks!

awesome thanks.. also i have another noob question.. im doing the pep on a scout helmet and unless ive done this wrong the number side of the card stock is on the inside and the outside is just white.. are there some pep files where this is the case or should i cease this project right now?

thanks!

Usually when you see this, you've simply gotten the fold types mixed up. Turn what you think are mountain folds into valley folds, and vice versa, and that will turn the helmet the right way.

see im not to sure because its sorta taking the shape you would expect.. and i really think i doing the folds correct.. number side facing up, for mountain you fold behind and valley would be on top correct?

Sounds correct. To be sure, go back into pep designer, and assign colors to the different folds rather than dots and dashes, then check with your print-out to see if it all matches up.

Hello, I am looking for a little help. after looking around the site, quite a bit. I am still lost. I am looking for a FULL body pep of the Halo 3 EOD, or Recon. all i can find is the front. Usefull, but i am unsure how to use it. any help would be very appreciated. working on full EOD for release of halo 4. helmet down.

It is because most armor permutations are attached onto the "normal" suit. You make them seperately and then attach the EOD onto the Mk6 chest.

Well, sword is done. Small problem. How do I attach the blades to the handle? They have to be at a slight angle, because of a messed up fold. Hehe.

Once again on the Noob forum here, i am still having huge issues with finding an Halo 3 EOD or Recon chest WITH the entire body. I have neither the experience or time to Pep two separate files together. any ideas or links would be so helpfull! thanks again

Hi guys. I just joined so this is my first post and question.

I have downloaded a HD file master chief helmet and have noticed that the tab numbers(printed) are not the same as the tab numbers in the 2d. The numbers all line up to what was printed so no big deal, just wondering if this was a normal glitch?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Once again on the Noob forum here, i am still having huge issues with finding an Halo 3 EOD or Recon chest WITH the entire body. I have neither the experience or time to Pep two separate files together. any ideas or links would be so helpfull! thanks again

Again, the separate files are your only option unless you want to export both files to OBJ, merge them together in maya/3dsmax re-import them to pep, and re-unfold them, which will take substantially more time and effort than just pepping them separately. It's not as awful as you seem to think it is, and those are really your only two options.

Hi guys. I just joined so this is my first post and question.

I have downloaded a HD file master chief helmet and have noticed that the tab numbers(printed) are not the same as the tab numbers in the 2d. The numbers all line up to what was printed so no big deal, just wondering if this was a normal glitch?

Thanks,

Andrew.

This usually happens when you mess with the file before printing it, but don't save the changes, like adjusting the scale or cutting the piece up further than the original unfold. I have never seen it happen spontaneously myself, so I'd wager you did something in the program before printing (with or without knowing it), but as you mentioned, so long as they line up on the paper itself, there is no big deal!

Can anyone pep this in a 3D designer for me? My uncle wants to make one.

atLjA.jpg

You can't start new NOOB threads, but you can start threads in the Creation Discussion (You're an infantryman, hurrah!). However, there is an existing thread for requesting pepakuras in the 3d Modeling forum..

[/QUOTE]This usually happens when you mess with the file before printing it, but don't save the changes, like adjusting the scale or cutting the piece up further than the original unfold. I have never seen it happen spontaneously myself, so I'd wager you did something in the program before printing (with or without knowing it), but as you mentioned, so long as they line up on the paper itself, there is no big deal![/QUOTE]

Katsu, thank you for your quick response. I dont think I changed anything(other than the size)...but you could be right. Just seemed more curious than a problem, put me for a loop...printed tab said 483 and the 2d said 938(whatever the actual numbers were).

Depends on the helmet and chest..

I think overall, the chest is harder to maintain, it's a very large shape that tends to be two broad relatively flat pieces with four thin connectors, while a helmet is a dome, which Walt Disney says is one of the most archtecturally sound structures!!!

If you are looking for an easy piece to start learning pep on (on a serious note), I'd suggest the LD ODST helmet, it is very few pieces but gives you a good experience on how pepakura works without risking wasting a ton of time.

I am working on a MK VI helmet, my first attempt was incorrectly scaled so it was scrapped. Last night I finished my 2nd attempt, Im pretty happy with the result, however I have a question.

There are some parts that are not perfect... a piece doesnt bend as perfectly as its counterpart peice does on the other side, some pieces seem alittle rounded ect.... Does this happen with every build? Is this something pretty easily corrected in the bondo/sanding phase? Overall it looks really good and for my first helmet im pretty happy with it, but that said....

Should I just scrap it and start a new to make it perfect, or is that unrealistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back