Help With Ar And Led's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition

Jr Member
hi guys im going to start peping an ar but before i start just want to know the best way i get the battery /wiring and leds inside the ar do i resin it then have to cut it in half? and put them in as im building it and maskthem over when i resin and paint it?

sorry for sounding dumb but dont wanna start it resin it then not be able to put lights in

thanks

hey, take a look at what I did.

I made some space for the ammo counter.

you can see where I cut it from.

any more questions, I'd be more than happy to help :)

my AR thread:

http://405th.com/for...ndpost&p=360330

and btw, add electronics after youre done. Use wood inside the gun to screw the piece back in.

I'd suggest making your assault rifle in attachable parts so that you can take it apart so that you can add or maintain electronics inside.

Demolition said:
hmmmm ok so resin it at least twice cut it in half the screw it back together with wood in the middle?

?

I think you should Resin the AR, cut it in 2 sections, (right and left aka. cut it in half).

Fiberglass the inside, glue it back together. When done with that cut the following "Sections" off:

mbltrwqw.png

RED: You can cut the red area off and add the electronics for the ammo counter etc. Then find a way to attach it so that you can remove it in the future encase there are problems with the electronics.

GREEN: cut this area off the same way as stated above if you want to add the "Power button" electronics.

---

This is just my idea of how it could work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Demolition said:
hmmmm ok so resin it at least twice cut it in half the screw it back together with wood in the middle?

?

yes :p

except I resined it once just to eliminate the chance of the resin cracking. ( which it does )

so you'd have to be extra careful with it.

but if it does crack. hot glue it the crack from the inside.

Demolition said:
thanks guys this really helps some good ideas there

Sure, it was a pleasure to help! Just send us a message if you need more help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back