What helmets are compatible with ODST?

WhyTho

Still in the planning phase of my armor and want to do a Mark V B helmet on a ODST rig. I dont know if that is lore accurte or if it will look good. So are there other helmets compatible with ODST? I know recon is as seen in Halo 3: ODST but what others?

You should not be double posting, that is, making a second new post within a few minutes, especially if no one else has chimed in or replied to your thread. If no one has responded and it has been less than a few hours, the more polite thing to do is to simply edit your first post to add in any additional thoughts or statements rather than making a whole new separate post.

It also would have been more appropriate to keep this in your initial thread as it is still about the helmet you wanted to make, but, here we are, and the answer to your question is that in Lore/Canon ODSTs only used the ODST helmet with their gear. ONI operatives wore the Recon Helmet with modified ODST or Marine armor sometimes, like Dare did in ODST, but in the rest of their Canonical appearances ODSTs are only depicted wearing their specific helmet, not any of the other MJOLNIR helmets. Some Lore for various other Helmets describes them as being initially designed for other branches, like Air Assault being developed for UNSC Army Airborne Units at first, the MP helmet being used by Military Police, and the pilot being developed by the Air Force, we have yet to see a canon appearance of an ODST using a different helmet like the Mark V (B) and as such, in the optional Deployment Program here at the 405th, we consider it a "Mix and Match" and would would limit it to a Tier 1 Deployment status:

You should not be double posting, that is, making a second new post within a few minutes, especially if no one else has chimed in or replied to your thread. If no one has responded and it has been less than a few hours, the more polite thing to do is to simply edit your first post to add in any additional thoughts or statements rather than making a whole new separate post.

It also would have been more appropriate to keep this in your initial thread as it is still about the helmet you wanted to make, but, here we are, and the answer to your question is that in Lore/Canon ODSTs only used the ODST helmet with their gear. ONI operatives wore the Recon Helmet with modified ODST or Marine armor sometimes, like Dare did in ODST, but in the rest of their Canonical appearances ODSTs are only depicted wearing their specific helmet, not any of the other MJOLNIR helmets. Some Lore for various other Helmets describes them as being initially designed for other branches, like Air Assault being developed for UNSC Army Airborne Units at first, the MP helmet being used by Military Police, and the pilot being developed by the Air Force, we have yet to see a canon appearance of an ODST using a different helmet like the Mark V (B) and as such, in the optional Deployment Program here at the 405th, we consider it a "Mix and Match" and would would limit it to a Tier 1 Deployment status:
Thanks and sorry for the double posting! This was very helpful.

based on pure personal vibes, I'd say Operator, Air Assault, Commando, and JFO could be added to ODST armor. All those - besides Commando - have that big full face visor and places to attach forehead gear that is more Tacti-cool. Commando is on the list because it's just that good at looking good.

I'm somewhat of a purist on ODST helmets so I'd probably cap it at the basic ODST helmet (with attachments of course) and Recon (with selected attachments), that should keep it pretty canonical. Unless of course you're just looking for a cool looking armour set (nothing wrong with that either).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back