Hot Glue[Safety Precautions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc halo3

Ok,hot glue may sound dangerous,it can be,but not always.Heres my guide on the safety precautions to take.

When i first got hot glue [with the gun],i took every safety precaution there was.But,I found it hard to stick pep pieces with latex gloves on,but after touching the glue once it hit an unwanted surface(my desk table),i found that hot glue isn't that HOT,it felt rather timid than hot,very mild.Now i work without gloves and it works fine.So here's my guide.

When NOT to exaggerate safety precautions:

When dealing with low temp glue sticks.

When dealing with cold room temp(it drys the glue so fast,you cant even feel it)

When dealing with a slow working glue gun.

And

If you have strong skin.

When to EXAGGERATE safety precautions:

When you heat up the glue in a pan(hot glue method styles).

When dealing with slow drying temps.

When dealing with a hot day.

When dealing with HIGH TEMP glue sticks.

When your glue gun malfunctions and makes the glue hotter than normal.

If you have sensitive skin.

Well that's the safety precautions and when to exaggerate them,and not.

If anyone has anything to add to this please reply.

DISCLAIMER:Don't blame me, if you hurt yourself or others around you,this is just a basic guideline that you should keep an eye on.=D

When your glue gun malfunctions and makes the glue hotter than normal.

I had this happen to me recently when my glue gun dripped a nearly boiling bit of glue onto my hand. I jerked back and wiped it off as fast as I could and several layers of skin came off with it. This was a very severe 2nd, if not 3rd degree burn.

If your glue gun is leaking an excessive amount of glue, it might be time to retire it as this may be a sign of malfunction. Glue guns are cheap.

Yodajammies said:
I had this happen to me recently when my glue gun dripped a nearly boiling bit of glue onto my hand. I jerked back and wiped it off as fast as I could and several layers of skin came off with it. This was a very severe 2nd, if not 3rd degree burn.

If your glue gun is leaking an excessive amount of glue, it might be time to retire it as this may be a sign of malfunction. Glue guns are cheap.

I have not had any problems with my glue gun. I've had it for about 10 years! :D It still works just fine to this day. I did buy one from the dollar store before because I couldn't find mine and that one didn't last long at all. After gluing something, the nozzle touched the wire, an well, you know what happens when something hot touches a wire...........it fries it. But the nozzle barely touched the wire!

SO NEVER buy a glue gun from a dollar store! LOL

I have also NEVER worn gloves when using a hot glue gun. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
well take some safety precautions seriously.I'm just saving the noobs on this site from ending up with a skin melting burn.sticky worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back