How Did This Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Fang said:
yeah i figured as much i was trying a new way to put the fiber glass in and i had to much in it oh well you live you learn next time i'll glue the fiber glass then brush the resin on like i did to my 1st helmet and i think i used 3 to 4 drops im still new the the mixing so i just guess

My advise is to read the directions on the side of the Resin container, and use correct proportions.

Also when you re-do your build, you can add cardboard supports to make sure it doesn't warp or fall apart. After resin'ing you can just simply remove the supports.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i did put a layer on i put to much on the inside when glassing it was pooling in it so i think thats what caused it

isn't it because you might have put too much resin on a certain area whereas your only meant to place a light layer of resin for the first coat?

yes i did use 110 cardstock im not a noob to this i just want to share my experince so other ppl wouldnt have the the same thing happen to them

Sorry bout your helmet. But hey, one of the characters in ODST wears a Recon helmet, so its not a total loss!

More like "renewed opportunity"

Just trying to be optimistic here

Azzarth said:
Sorry bout your helmet. But hey, one of the characters in ODST wears a Recon helmet, so its not a total loss!

More like "renewed opportunity"

Just trying to be optimistic here

as they say no use crying over spilled milk whats done is done cant go back in the past and fix it so even if we want to.cause we all have lost a helmet to some unforeseen issue all we can do is learn from it and move and and try and make sure it doesn't happen again

Last edited by a moderator:
did u use cardstock paper cause if u didnt then it usally falls apart after you start putting resin on it card stock is really thick so it will hold up against all the resin and it will not turn mushy or cave in will fiberglassing. (srry i did not read ahead tell i posted so i dont know why it wold fall apart if it was card stock that sucks hopefully in the future it will not happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back