How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was brought here by Spase's VERY descriptive videos. YouTube "Recon Replica helmet" Or just click this link....

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this site through Official Xbox Magazine's October 2010 issue. In a section called "Halo's Reach" they have an article about Adam Grumbo and the 405th :)

I just read about the 405th in a magazine the other day and i was like, dang, sounds like a nice place to find out how to make a killer master chief costume.

It was through Indy Moguls Halo Armour video, I had heard of the 405th before but never thought or had the courage to join or even look. But once I saw the video, a friend and I decided we could give it a shot and be the first Manx people to have MJOLNIR armor.

i was watching a chia pet youtube video(don't ask) and one of adam's videos was on the side for a suggestion,thought it be cool to try making armor instead of making latex prosthetic

it was those dam jews... NOO lol jk... anyways, i heard alot od people on youtube sudgesting it. i guess sience halo reach is comming out, everyone wants to but it in there halo reach armor they made themselves... but as soon as reach is old, i thin this site will get reallyyy slow. although i will stick around for a long due to the fact that i have no life really.. lol

i saw sone pics on halo waypoint i believe from the san diago comic-con.. so i put the website that was posted in internet explorer and here i am.

Xbox Live I believe. That's what gave me the the "in-depth" look at what the 405th really was. Until that time I had it figured as the Star Wars equivalent of 501st.

It wasn't until I read OXM this month that I finally decided to come and check everything out. It certainly looks like it's going to be a journey...but I see it as a way to stay connected to the Halo games without gaming my whole life. Thanks guys!

Found this site from searching for costume armor making on the net. Didn't pay much attention to it till a friend of mine built his Mk.VI and became Malaysia's first Spartan II. :D

I was looking for tips on how to scratchbuild a stormtrooper blaster and saw a Lee Keegan's m6g google search. waited a couple of years before joining.

was looking for armor for sale online and came across this site by accident :) realized i could possibly make my own suit for way less than a manufactured one and with better quality.

i was browsing youtube and thinking about Halloween because me and the family tend to do Halloween up and was looking at possibly something different and found backyard fx on making halo costuming and that was all she wrote. had a girl names Erica on the episode that gave hints and basics of building the armor and pointed me to pepakura and then to the 405th. and now i am hooked and loving it!

The video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I just registered the other week. But I have been checking out these forums for about 9 or 10 months and fallowing people on youtube as I learned how to build armor myself. I finally decided I was good enough to join the forums just recently.

I can't actually remember how I found this site, I just remember the steps I took getting to it:
1. Year 12s (I'm year 11) had costumes on the last day of term
2. I was like "Damn guys, I need a stormtrooper outfit, or Spartan armour, by this time next year"
3. So I googled for stormtrooper and Spartan costumes, and I was like "damn that's expensive"
4. I ended up looking for 'home-made stormtrooper uniform' and 'home-made spartan costume'
5. I orget where I ended up, but I think 405th.com was one of the first links
6. Got to 405th, read a tonne of stuff, and (when I finally decided to make something) made an account :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back