How Do You Guys Feel About Halo 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Grunts on Mongeese. Could you imagine, though, a Grunt in a Mantis? That would be hilarious.

Halo: kilo-five

the start of sreawing up allies and running a race into a war/ war of the rebels (heck I just want to see a jackal driving a warthog; its in one of the books.)

You know what, that's actually not a bad idea at all! It would be sort of like Reach in the way in goes back in the story, and it would definitely help close up some of the holes Halo 4 created without the need to read the whole Halo series. It would also be cool switch between Kilo Five, and possibly Jul'MDama or 'Telcam like you went between Chief and the Arbiter in Halo 2. Now just for a way to pitch this to 343....

everythang is great but the MP is so BROKEN!. i got so tired of dieing from what seems like aimbots (kill cam shows the kills no one close to me when i die) i just broke my disc. im going but to reach. simpler and a hell funner. plus i get a 25-30 kill in one round in reach (even when just trolling) im lucky to get 10 kills in halo 4... i can say for a fact they turned the MP into COD...

you know the MP war game's is a training thing for Spartan ops right. due to they want to be able to make mlp matchs more fun, plus it's part of the story line. (and breaking your disk was a dumb move gamestop would have taken it off your hands and you could have bought CODBO; ghost. with it.)

Overall, I enjoyed Halo 4. I liked the campaign a lot. That is what dragged me into buying it in the first place. Halo 4 seemed to be more cinematic than the other halos. Compared to like Halo 2 which felt like playing a butt kicking video game with the rocking out guitar. I like how they switched it up a little bit, but I still do miss the Halo 3 days.

Now for Mulitplayer, I think they could have done a way better job. Compared to Halo 3, (which I have logged in more hours on that Halo than all the halo games combined...multiplayer wise) doesn't even come close. I think I can relate to others on here that say they miss the good ol' days of Halo 3. I can't find a good enough reason to play halo 4 MP. Sure, there are things I can unlock as I play more...but just for a stance? Doesn't seem like it's worth my time. Where's all of the community maps? I always wanted to play those type of maps. They added fresh and life. Maybe they have changed that since then but I'm not sure. Another thing, what is up with people voting for Ragnarok/Vahalla on big team? I used to like that level on Halo 3. Now I really despise the map now. Switch things up a little people (although I think they want the map just for the Mantis kills). I know they have done updates like the tag over your name and marking it with an X when you die. But that should have been in the original MP the entire time. All in all, I hope they do a better job in Halo 5, multiplayer wise. Go back to the roots and switch things up a LITTLE bit, not too much. Ya know make it more...Halo-ish.

Another thing, I enjoyed Spartan Ops and I think it was a good idea...but not implemented well. I was expecting almost new locations to fight in, not ones where I know I was just there. It seems like you and your team of spartans can clear an area well...but sure can't hold it well. So now you're back on the same map. Spartan Ops feels like a story led firefight. But what if I want to play until I lose? What if I don't want to win? (Do I sound crazy :p) I think they should have implemented a normal firefight with Spartans Ops. I also want to play some newer episodes of Spartans Ops. I was expecting to play another Episode after Episode 10 in the next month or so. So where is it? Do I have to suffer playing the same re-hashed, story led, firefight maps. Unfortunately...yes. I also did not like how they made Halsey look like a bad person. Someone said something about victimizing the Master Chief and I would kind of agree. Master Chief shouldn't look like he could be victimized, even if it makes him more human. They didn't go into great detail on what it means to be human. But I think 343 will explain that concept more with more Halo games.

Well, that's enough of my rant. I hope that made some sense.

Ok my thoughts

It was a disappointment

But for h5.....

1) I want arby back
2) i want arby back
3) I want arby back
4) I want arby back
5) bigger maps
6) a harder legendary
7) more open ended combat
8) new skulls to find -treasure hunt plz

E.c.t....

I thought it was a really good game. I know ratings with Spartan Ops plummeted but I'd really like to see it continued. ON HALO 4! If it didn't, it would simply look like an afterthought thrown together as a gimmick. Their take on the Master Chief Mk VI armor was also pretty cool, although some of their multiplayer armors didn't catch my eye too much, I miss Reach's Customization. I felt like I was playing a knockoff starfox during the space mission, and the pelican mission seemed simply just thrown in.

As for Legendary, the AI needs to be seriously beefed up on both sides both friend and foe. But not by just doing the traditional thing and giving them 1,000% Shield and weapon strength. If you find a balance that works... Stick with it. Just raise the bar on their Intelligence.

Also their needs to be a bigger emphasis on Custom Games. I miss that from Halo 2. You don't really run into people who just enjoy the game anymore. Everyone's on matchmaking. I've resorted to simply not even wearing the mic since its usually a bunch of 11 year olds talking about how they've just fornicated with each others mothers. I KNOW theres a community! Where is it within custom games? Did I miss something? Was I sleeping?

Anyway, that's my slightly ranting take on Halo 4 and the future of it.

I really enjoyed the Halo 4 storyline, I was particularly impressed by the graphical advancements, especially in the Spartan Ops cut scenes, very cool. I agree with many people in that the Multiplayer is a bit flat, "COD-ish", I had much more fun playing on Reach. I found the Legendary mode lacking. I mean, in Reach, to complete the entire game on Leg, alone was a real achievement, you felt like you had accomplished a herculean task, whereas completing Halo 4 on supposedly the hardest difficulty was... not the same. Nevertheless, I still feel that for a first game from 343, they could've done a lot worse.
P.S. I refuse to believe that I am the only one who cried when Cortana died.

Overall, I enjoyed the game well enough. I loved the sheer beauty of the game, and it was a joy to play (mostly). A bit easy and short maybe, but a joy nonetheless...except for the weird voice change for the grunts. My biggest beef with the whole thing. I know it's a small peeve, but threw the whole thing off track for me. They all looked...odd, and sounded odder. The IWHBYD skull is on, but I can't catch a single rare line anywhere. Am I missing something?

Plus, unless I'm missing it (also...), there's no Grunt Birthday (or any skull for that matter) in Spartan Ops. I know they were going for a more epic storyline that the skull would have interrupted with each headshot, but it's the little things. -_-

she not dead you fools, she might have been copied and sent to another location, because do you guy forget the ending of halo 2 with 343, Johnson, and marinda.

My thought on Halo 4. Finally we get a proper story telling in the Halo universe, because let's face it, while Bungies is awesome at making good games, they were horrible at story telling ( Why are we fighting the covenant? who is Master Chief? etc). For the past 13 years we've seen Spartans and Master Chief as faceless typical killing machines with no regard to the consequences of kidnapped children becoming super soldiers and now after waiting this long, 343 industry managed to give the Chief his humanity even thought he is a broken man. Halo 4 and Kilo Five trilogy addressed the problem of kidnapping children to become soldiers and the mental issues they have to cope with years to come. We finally feel the emotional burdens Chief had to carry at the end after losing Cortana, we now see him as a human as he has always been, but it was very difficult to see in the earlier Halo trilogy. I really hope Cortana stays dead for the stake of further developing Chief's humanity and emotions.

I was filled with excitements after seeing the opening cinematic sequence and realizing 343 industry is going all out with the Halo lore from the novels. I really hope 343 will continue to do this for years to come, perhaps we'd get a Contact Harvest game as well?

My biggest problem with the game was the soundtrack. While it was stirring and epic in a cinematic way, it never got your blood pumping... something Marty excelled at. I def miss the old music. :/

Overall though, I liked it very much. Played well, story flowed well, and it looked AWESOME. And I have no issue with the MP either, especially after the last big fix.

I agreed. The soundtrack was mostly unnoticeable and very very low to hear.

I enjoyed Halo 4, for everything it had. To see a brand new industry take over a 10 year running of a phenomenal series. So for 343i, to take this and run with it, they did a great job. To expand beyond the regular campaign in Spartan Ops, and give the Halo Universe fan base more without us having to ask. It shows their dedication to its fans and the game.

I personally didn't like many aspects of Halo 4. The storyline was very good, but the environments to me seemed... lacking; They just weren't as memorable as past games. I also couldn't stand the immature dialogue in Spartan Ops. All of the Spartan IV's act like immature teenagers, instead of the elite Special Operators that they are. I couldn't get into the Multiplayer at all, it just seemed too random and easy to die. i understand 343 was trying to level the playing field and "make things accessible" but I just didn't like it. One of my favorite aspects of the recent Halo's, Forge, took a step backwards, with no decent Forge World (With Terrain), and botched controls. So overall, I didn't really care for Halo 4. And that sucks.

The problem with the Spartan IVs is that they really aren't Spartans. Spartan I's were basically a failed experiment, Spartan IIs and IIIs were conscripted children, selected, augmented, and trained from such an early age that being a Spartan, being a super soldier, is all they ever really knew. Spartan IVs are just glorified ODSTs, the "exceptional," but ultimately still ordinary soldiers who were given a bit of a boost to make them taller and stronger, but not true Spartans.

I still feel like they should be a little more mature; I mean, they were chosen from elite ODST and other Special Operations units, they've still seen years of combat, ya know? It's okay to be confident and cocky off the battlefield, but when you're in battle, you should take things seriously. Just my thoughts. :)

Even looking at Buck's team in ODST, they weren't always the picture of discipline. And it seemed almost as though the Spartan IV program was as much a volunteer division as it was a "specially selected elite" division. Certainly sounded like Thorne's situation at the very least was more a matter of "I want to be a Spartan so I can make a difference" than being hand-picked by the higher-ups because of his ability.

I like it but not as much as reach. To me reach has a much better story more in depth characters. To me I believe that a volunteer will always outshine someone who was forced to do something. It just says something about someone's character that is willing to sacrifice themselves. Halo 4 I did not see much of that in the story sure cortana sacrificed herself, but she is an ai. Although she was constructed out of a cloned brain of halsey. I believe that's how smart ai's were constructed in the books. Either way I still liked halo 4 but not as much as I liked reach, it felt like they were supposed to follow a pattern just appease old players and try to bring in New ones aswell .I don't know about the new armors that just came specifically the football shaped one, but I am sure some will like it.

The difference between a volunteer and a draftee certainly does affect dedication, but having someone conditioned, trained, and indoctrinated to be a certain way beginning in a person's most formative and impressionable years makes it instinct rather than choice. If something is a choice, even the most noble of person can choose against it. If it's instinct, it just happens, no thought, no hesitation. I do have to agree with the armor, though, newer and older, the Halo 4 armor just does not feel right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back