Hughs Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love that torso file you have!!!!!!! My only issue is that IDK how to scale an exploded model... Any suggestions for me?

Armor progress is looking great!! Nice pics from the weekend by the way. You definitely looked thrilled in the last picture...... :D

Wow, Hugh. The armor is look great so far, amazing work. Keep it up. I don't know if this has been brought up yet but for the people that have a Mac computer will you or could you convert your files to PDF for the folks that have a Mac and can't view a PDO file. Thanks.

Andrew:

dude this looks awesome, also looks like a major pain to pep the helm lol so cudos to that man keep upthe great work

oh yeah quick question how did you do the visor i'm building an odst helmet and i have no idea what i'm going to do for a visor and i cant seem to find anything in the forums thats helpful, or i just fail lol

@Egam47, http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26508-Halo-3-ODST-Visors?highlight=ODST+visor sending you a PM on this so as not to threadjack :)

Hugh, two questions for you if you don't mind :)
Have you had a chance to build your boot cover?I've been working on it and running into trouble and was wondering if you had some suggestions.
Also, on your 15Oct post, you have pictures of all you had built to that point laid out, are you planning on releasing the pepfiles for all those pieces? I'm not trying to be pushy, and i apologize if i come across that way.
Thanks!

Thanks all,

Sorry been really busy at work and home, and it started getting super cold :/

@Kenster: Thanks, if you need .pdf of certain files just let me know and I'll try to find time to save them out for you.

@Ravenwolf: No, I haven't built the boot covers yet. They are printed and ready to be cut out but I haven't gotten back on the project yet. I did finish both shin and thigh pieces however, and I'm pretty happy with those. What problems were you running into with the boot cover? I know that the heel part had inverted normals, and I apologize for that. I plan on fixing that and re-uploading in the future. It should still be possible to build, but you'll have to ignore what folds it's telling you to fold and look at the 3d model on screen.

I didn't add some of the parts I built earlier because I wasn't able to save. Here are a few more parts that I re-unfolded and saved out this morning :) I also added them to the front page.

Gauntlet
Front Hip Plate (COD piece)
Butt Pack

That's pretty much the entire suit. Except for the buckles, the main belt-buckle object, and the old ODST glove armor. Coming sooooon....

@Peter10 Under the 2D menu, Select "Show Edge ID" That will give you the tab numbers :) hope that helps

@Hugh Ahhhh OK, that explains some things. Yeah, the big problem I'd been having was pieces not lining up (segments being too long), or some places where the edges or tabs were broken away from the model. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't my Pep software that wasn't acting up on me :) I've only gotten as far as the boot toe section if that helps. (if it helps i can take screen shots and pics of the issues i've encountered so far)

And Thank you again for the models. I (and I'm sure many others) appreciate the work you;ve put into and are sharing with us.

@Hugh: I like the most recent models. I'm not going to mess reunfolding anything, as your version looks very good!! I hate that I never got the forearm unfolded myself, but like you, life has kept me pretty busy lately!! I've got your torso assembled, being held together by approximately 120 little black metal paper clamps. Still working on finishing up the build of your shin and hip plate. Hope everything is going well on your end!!

Matt

Files update

Reworked the front page and added the rest of the ODST armor files.

Now that should be just about everything one would need to do this armor. The only parts that may or may not make it up on here are the red/white unit stripe for the shoulder, a base foam shoulder pattern, and a foam trim pattern to add missing details on the gauntlets.

Thanks guys for the kind words and big thanks to those that helped me so much along the way!

I finished the resin coats on both of the upper leg sections and am now assembling the mid-section/belt assembly. I'm a bit worried the weather will get too cold for me to finish this thing, but I don't want to rush :(

More progress pics later.

For those of you I've been talking to offline about trades and whatnot, I'm sorry for going off radar. I'm still in the process of getting the shop set up and other things. Just don't think I forgot about you. I like to make sure I at least address all inquiries and I will contact you!

By the way, if any of you decide to add me on xbox live be sure to say who you are and where I know you from (405th, rvb, etc...) or I won't add you back, sorry. I've been getting a lot of random requests, which is fine. Just tell me who you are.

-Hugh

I like the new front page Hugh!! The rest of files look good buddy, as usual. Thanks again for everything that you have graciously contributed to all of the ODST fans. Can't wait to see some more progress pics from ya. I'm actually trying the newly popular foam method for your thigh pieces. It's kinda double the work initially, having to laying the templates onto the foam first, but it at least eliminates a lot of the finishing stages down the road.

oooo new files :D Can't wait to get home and check them out.

Also....yeah, ok this is going to sound a bit stupid probably....lol but the bicep piece on the front page... is that supposed to mount under the Shoulder piece? I think i completely missed something with that one XD

Thanks Matt!

I've been using foam on my build too, but very thin sheets as a sort of layering tool to accent details. I haven't tried making large parts with it yet, it seems like it works well with faceted/boxy builds. I may try it out on my next project. You need to post pics of your stuff!

oooo new files :D Can't wait to get home and check them out.

Also....yeah, ok this is going to sound a bit stupid probably....lol but the bicep piece on the front page... is that supposed to mount under the Shoulder piece? I think i completely missed something with that one XD

Na, it's not a stupid question. It's one of those parts that I think has been generally overlooked in the past. Yes it goes over your bicep, right above the end of the gauntlet. The shoulder plate will overlap it a bit. I think the best thing to do is find a way to attach it straight to your under suit. That is my plan anyway ^_^

Good luck!

Wow! is about all i can say. You have done an amazing job with this. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Thanks for being kind enough to share the fruits of your labor. The pep files look awesome. I know this has been asked before, but I can't recall seeing an answer. If you have already answered, then I apologize for asking again. It's about the chest core file. Yours is for a 42" chest. How would one scale it for a 36" chest size? My math skills are pretty weak. It has never been one of my strengths. And since the file shows all the components separate I don't know what values for dimension pep shows. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back