Hyo's Female Reach Build - Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats. It looks Awesome. :D It's nice to see both you're builds are getting the attention they deserve. That just about completes the perfect HALO weekend for you.

"What do you mean this fake helmet isn't good for combat?!"

Great work on the pilot, was it hard to get the visor right or just challenging?

Thanks guys. :) Notice all the hate though.... :p They're just jealous they don't have/know a legit girl that plays Halo and makes Halo armor. :p

@steven: My bf actually helped me with the visor, because I couldn't muscle it myself (that and I was running out of time fast!). After pepping the helm, resin, bondo, all that, I cut out the visor and he 'cooked' the visor pieces (in 3 pieces) with the thermal plastic on top of it until it was soft enough to pull over the pep pieces and get he right shape. Then used a heat gun to just adjust all the pieces so they all fit right. Then I bondo'd it into the helm, dremeled they detailing and such, taped it off, paint, and off to the airport! Finished all the arm pieces of helmet literally 30 mins before the taxi came to take us away to the airport heading to vancouver (then drive down to seattle for pax). So I guess you could say the visor was both challenging and hard at the same time at some points. Once we got a system down, it was easier to work with.

Pic of myself and a couple other armorers in Calgary at a local small comic and toy expo. Pretty epic shot! (I'm in the center, because I have bewbs. lol jk)

428677_362536027114310_304296519604928_1127894_294702003_n.jpg

Congratulations on hitting Waypoint, puts you in with some other pretty skilled guys from here. As for those less than pleased to have females in their hobby I can imagine the reaction would be 50 times worse if you dressed as Captain Price from CoD.

Really don't understand the hate. Kelly and Linda were some of the most notable Spartans ever, and were both female. Why is there acceptance for them, but not for a lady who enjoys the same hobby we do?

I'm sorry, but this isn't elementary school where "icky girls" and their "cooties" seem to be the main focal point for guys. Nor is it the 18th century when women weren't seen as able to do the same things men were.

The immaturity some people have is astounding, especially from all the so-called "Halo fans". Good work Izzy. H8ers gonna H8.

Congrats on making it on to Waypoint! Nicely done.
You're armour looks great! I love seeing lots of effort pay itself off in spades!
And I can't forget to mention how great your Cortana costume looks.

Are there any new projects on the horizon??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back