I Feel Like I Got Robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PositiveKarma

Jr Member
[rant]

Here I sit, a year and a half later.

I saw a thread that had to do with a 405th Ring, and I committed to buying one.

Don't get me wrong, I was excited for the project and supported it, but a year and a half and still nothing? C'mon.

BFDesigns, I sent you money. Cold...Hard...Cash. You've given us multiple excuses to most likely buy time. But I don't know how much longer I can listen to them and believe you.

You're last 'update' was sometime in June I do believe. Saying we'd have to wait until September for a proof of the ring or whatever it was.

And here I sit. October 10th, 2009. All I can believe now is that you've gotten away with everyone's money since I see that the thread is STILL not updated. Locked, buried upon dead threads.

So unless someone can prove otherwise that everyone else along with me will be getting a ring, then I'm going to be doing something about it.

[/rant]

Best regards,

Mike

PositiveKarma said:
....then I'm going to be doing something about it.

not a good idea, that sounds very threatening. and we dont threaten people, thats a no no

also, you are not suppose to publicly out people on the forums. Now most of our usual members know the story, and have read the thread, but you still should not be creating threads to call people out... Pm a mod and see if they can help out, they probably cant because they dont have any real power outside the boards, they can try and contact him and that is it.

now, i am sorry that you are out of 60$? (if memory serves right...) but this is a chance you take when paying for things upfront on the internet.... your next best choice would be to cut your loss and move on...

Last edited by a moderator:
DreadMullet said:
not a good idea, that sounds very threatening. and we dont threaten people, thats a no no

also, you are not suppose to publicly out people on the forums. Now most of our usual members know the story, and have read the thread, but you still should not be creating threads to call people out... Pm a mod and see if they can help out, they probably cant because they dont have any real power outside the boards, they can try and contact him and that is it.

now, i am sorry that you are out of 60$? (if memory serves right...) but this is a chance you take when paying for things upfront on the internet.... your next best choice would be to cut your loss and move on...

I'm not threatening. I'm just saying, if I have to, I will find a harmless way to get my money back.

I know you aren't supposed to, and I know a lot of people know the story. It's just absolutely...frustrating?

And dare I say it, the economy is in the HOLE right now. And basically throwing away $60? Not something I fancy to.

Best regards,

Mike

Even though I agree with the whole "Can't pubicly call out anyone in a thread." rule, I do believe that this person should send you guys ann update, have you tried E-mailing him, or perhaps contacting a Mod? Anyway, sorry this happened, but I hope this gets resolved.

Best Regards, and Hopes for Good Resolution.

Robert.

The money you have lost is what we would be looking at as a parking fine in Australia and in this case it would be for not even any breaking laws and to be honest that would gut me too.

I feel sorry for both yourself and all the other people that put even more money than what you have into the project, but this forum was not what took your money mate. You have to understand when someone is not interested in setting up an Paypal account for whatever reason, alarm bells should be ringing in your head not to mention you are not covered when your money goes missing. I'm not really sure if people should be interested in if this guy does make an appearance on here again for an update, the guy has already burnt he's bridges with this disappearing act (Focusing on University or what not) because he had to ask for so much in the beginning, and through a long period of time. He showed he was not prepared and should have NEVER taken on this task.

Sure i know nothing about this guy but hes not doing a good job with the way he represents himself with a opportunity to satisfy his customers.

Yeah, you should've known when you payed him the money that you were taking a risk, and had no gurantee that it would work out on your end. If the economy is so bad for you, that $60 you spent over a year ago is still affecting you now, then I highly suggest you just don't buy any more armor.

Sorry about your small loss, but this is the internet, and that's just life.

Potshot said:
Yeah, you should've known when you payed him the money that you were taking a risk, and had no gurantee that it would work out on your end. If the economy is so bad for you, that $60 you spent over a year ago is still affecting you now, then I highly suggest you just don't buy any more armor.

Sorry about your small loss, but this is the internet, and that's just life.

Wasn't buying armor. Was buying a ring.

I know I was taking a risk, but I figured if he could muster up what, $500+ from various forum members, then he wouldn't be trying to rip off all of us.

I still want to believe that he is working on the project and we will all get our rings, but it's nearing impossible to do so.

Mike

This seems to be a recurring problem on the 405th. I can't help, as that'd be an absurd claim, but hopefully other members use this as a reason not to send cash by mail. Paypal all the way.

I do hope you atleast get some of it back, although I doubt you will (in all honesty).

Seriously, can you please notify us the staff about this stuff instead of posting flame baiting topics.

Closed for now, we'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back