I May Give Myself A Present

Status
Not open for further replies.
zune... :p

if not legos, get a guitar or an amp. if you play a lot, it will also have a high emotional value, so maybe that's what you're looking for. personally, my parents helped me get my first guitar and amp after i completed some quite important exams here. i've now got a better amp, but i've not forgotten either. unless i run out of space, i doubt i will ever throw it away.

Get a tattoo
-or-
Enroll in a class for something, or get books for research on something you're interested in.. such as prop-mold making, etc.. Videos from "Smooth-on"

Either of those will last you a lifetime... Though I'm guessing your parents would prefer option #2.. EVEN if you got your mom's name on the tat! ;)

TF_Productions said:
zune... :p

if not legos, get a guitar or an amp. if you play a lot, it will also have a high emotional value, so maybe that's what you're looking for. personally, my parents helped me get my first guitar and amp after i completed some quite important exams here. i've now got a better amp, but i've not forgotten either. unless i run out of space, i doubt i will ever throw it away.
I don't have an electric guitar yet, so an amp at this point is useless :p

Vexona said:
If you don't already have a media player, I'd recommend getting a Zune. I got the 80gB for around 220.

It holds more music, podcasts, photos, and videos than I could even accumulate. It's very sleek (for those concerned with aesthetics) and the software is incredibly intuitive (for the pragmatists).

I plug mine in straight to the XBOX 360 and play music to match my games. It's a life saver on road trips too. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made honestly.

What's also awesome, is that you can get a laser engraving added to the back of your case. It's like 10 dollars extra IIRC.
They have a good variety of art and you can also engrave your name or whatever text you wish. Your parents may like that it's a 'personalized gift' to mark your achievement.

Here's one I made online today at Zune Originals. Pretty cool.
That's pretty cool, I'll see if they want to buy me that :) Thanks.

Sean Bradley said:
Ten 405th hats? :D
:p. Can't get 1. No shipping over the ocean right?:lol:

Edit:
Deadguy said:
Get a tattoo
-or-
Enroll in a class for something, or get books for research on something you're interested in.. such as prop-mold making, etc.. Videos from "Smooth-on"

Either of those will last you a lifetime... Though I'm guessing your parents would prefer option #2.. EVEN if you got your mom's name on the tat! ;)
I don't want a tattoo, I just don't like them :p
Option #2, Is that $200? o_O (about videos, I download videos like that :p)

Matthijs

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthijs said:
I don't have an electric guitar yet, so an amp at this point is useless :p
That's pretty cool, I'll see if they want to buy me that :) Thanks.
:p. Can't get 1. No shipping over the ocean right?:lol:

Edit:

I don't want a tattoo, I just don't like them :p
Option #2, Is that $200? o_O (about videos, I download videos like that :p)

Matthijs

To answer your question:

The 80gb with the premium headset and laser etching have a MSRP of $250. I happened to get mine on sale for $220 though (I had a coupon for purchases over a certain amount IIRC).

They have smaller versions like the 4gb ($120 ish) and the 8gb ($150 ish) which run significantly cheaper. The smaller ones can also be etched too.

I'd recommend the 8gig or the 80gig because 4 is simply not enough and the 30 has since been discontinued (they were 1st gen only).

I've had both the 4gig and the 80gig. Each had amazing screen quality (DVD) with a nice glass cover (yay not plastic). Even though You Tube has made everything 'flash movies' to keep people from downloading, you can put You Tube vids on your Zune by using free programs like 'Free FLV Converter'. I can tell you more about that if you ever want to know :)
And also, the thumb pad is touch sensitive and is quite fun to scroll with once you get the hang of it.

The differences between the 4/8 and the 80 are:
-Screen Size (videos look great on all of them, but it can be nice to see it larger)
-Capacity (the 4 can fill up very quickly if you have a collection of music or videos. The 8 is pretty generous and the 80 seems impossible to fill hehe)
-Headphones (the 80 comes with the premium headset, which is magnetized so the buds stay together)
-Color availability (the military green color is on the 4/8's only at this time)

Flash_Family.jpg

(the 4 and 8 gb version)

4c65225b9da004ddb8c36110.L.jpg

(the 80 gb in comparison)

Tis a fun toy...one I intend to take good care of for many more years.

Hope that helps :)

Matthijs said:
Hey guys,
I (think I)passed my exams. So my parents told me, if I passed them I can get myself a big present. But something that I'll still have fun with for like 10 years.
They won't give any consoles or game-stuff.
So any suggestions?
It may cost about $200

Matthijs
a REALLY crapy car :D

Buy 50 gallons of gas. By the time Bush is out of office, it'll be eight bucks a gallon. Then you can sell it and have $400.

I say go with the 80GB Zune.

I've had a first gen Zune ever since they came out (got mine while waiting to buy a wii. ;) ) and I love it. The screen is great, it looks nice, and the size (80GB) should be more than enough to hold everything you want. I have: five seasons of Family Guy, four (I think) seasons of ATHF, about two or three-hundred episodes of various anime, and enough music to rave endlessly for weeks. I still have 7GBs left. ;)

I have the Halo Zune too... I never opened it, though. :p

I've been thinking about getting an 80GB, and now that I'm reading about it here, I probably will. :D I've seen that you can get them engraved, but where do you get it done at? I was on the Zune website, and I couldn't find it.

abandonship said:
Damn you Vexona! Now I want one...
haha

Haha sorry :D

@ Gamerguy55- I'm jealous of the Halo Zune hehe :)

You can play with the engraving at 'Zune Originals'. It's on the Zune home page I think, but it's easy to miss.

Zune Originals

Hope that helps :)

-----

Also I forgot to mention that the Zune Social works with XBL. If your friends on XBL have a Zune account, it will list their favs, recently listened to, etc. and allow you to send/share tunes with them. Pretty nifty!

Here's my Social Card so you can see what it's like: Zune Social Card

You can see what I've listened to, what art and info I've elected to show, and what my friends like.

Lets see...

A chicken? Sell the egg's...

SEA MONKIES! The love is unconditional and instantaneous.

Nah both of thoes are gay. (I hate sea monkies)

Lets see. A 50c.c Pit bike?

Eeerrrmmm.

smilie120 said:
Lets see...

A chicken? Sell the egg's...

SEA MONKIES! The love is unconditional and instantaneous.

Nah both of thoes are gay. (I hate sea monkies)

Lets see. A 50c.c Pit bike?

Eeerrrmmm.
or he could buy a tricycle

Oh bummer, yeah I didn't realize that's where you were. You'd have to go with international shipping I think.

If you are really set on getting one, you could go through eBay. Sellers there will offer you international shipping
(whereas Best Buy, FYE, Walmart, etc. can only ship to United States and American Military Bases...I checked =\).

I found several good Zunes on ebay though. One was up for bid @ $220 (Item number: 290237686663), brand new and the seller said he would discuss INTL shipment prices. (6hrs. left)
Also there are Ebay stores that always have it, but for the 'Buy Now' pricing (just make sure not to buy a Gen 1): Ebay Store

Shipping would be about $35 I think. So, if you can find a Zune that's lower than the MSRP by 20-30 dollars, like the ones that are up for bids, that makes up for the added shipping cost.

Or, you could have a friend your trust buy it for you in the US and ship it as cheaply as they are able.

Vexona said:
Oh bummer, yeah I didn't realize that's where you were. You'd have to go with international shipping I think.

If you are really set on getting one, you could go through eBay. Sellers there will offer you international shipping
(whereas Best Buy, FYE, Walmart, etc. can only ship to United States and American Military Bases...I checked =\).

I found several good Zunes on ebay though. One was up for bid @ $220 (Item number: 290237686663), brand new and the seller said he would discuss INTL shipment prices. (6hrs. left)
Also there are Ebay stores that always have it, but for the 'Buy Now' pricing (just make sure not to buy a Gen 1): Ebay Store

Shipping would be about $35 I think. So, if you can find a Zune that's lower than the MSRP by 20-30 dollars, like the ones that are up for bids, that makes up for the added shipping cost.

Or, you could have a friend your trust buy it for you in the US and ship it as cheaply as they are able.
Ok thanks :) 6 hours... too bad :( I get to here if I passed my exams at thursday..
I don't have any friends in the US, but I'm sure I'll be able to find a cheap on ebay.
Thanks again :)

Matthijs

Buy a gun. Hey, im just saying, cuz they last a lifetime properly maintained, and they are fun to look at.
OMG im talkin about paintball ;) I got my PB gun for about 200 bucks, its a Spyder MR3, and its absolutley gorgeous.

That or a sick tattoo. Everyone in my school has one (my high school is full of punks) and im considering getting one.

like anything from an A7X CD case, they gots some good artwork.

Buy real gold, save it, 10 years later, that 200 dollars is worth 10k, cash it, it'll help pay for a car, bike, or whatever.

AoBfrost said:
Buy real gold, save it, 10 years later, that 200 dollars is worth 10k, cash it, it'll help pay for a car, bike, or whatever.
Do you think my parents will let my buy some gold? :lol:
They don't want me to invest it in something.
Thanks for the suggestion tho :)

Matthijs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back