I Need Some Weapon Prop Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanCOG

Jr Member
Is there anyone that can help me out with making any future weapons? im midway through making a sniper rifle out of stuff i found around the house. [attachment=10666:p_00022.jpg][attachment=10667:p_00023.jpg][attachment=10668:p_00024.jpg]

yo! scratchbuild fantasy weapons are hard to make because they arent someone else's ideas, but they turn out wicked cool. a few tips to keep in mind.

lasers are a big part of futuristic weapons, whether it be targeting or the actual gun, they are a nice touch.

light up components also add a nice touch...

in construction of detail, keep in mind what kind of futuristic weapon it is designed after, so you can refer to that weapon for pics. bondo is ggod for adding detail.

a good back story is a great idea when creating a prop. whats its clip capacity, what color is it, who first designed it, are all key elements in a back story.

again, the only limitations is your emagination. :lol have fun with it!

Well that looks like a pretty good start to a future weapon I know I would add some rubber sheet to the butt of the gun and maybe some metal sheeting covering the rest of the gun to give it more realism, but what the gun looks like to me right now is it looks similar to some railgun designs that I've seen. The one thing with the clip idea is not to make it look like the clip needs to be reloaded but more like a re-charging battery of some kind with maybe LED's on the side of the clip to make it look like it has a charge already, good luck with your build and I bet it turns out good.

looks good the and if you want to come up with a name try something like where its the name and then the date it was created like AK-47, assault kalashnokov 1947

Thats a good idea. i think ill call it the MV-09. and the clip is going to be filled with a solar "solute" that fires like the splaser but in bursts like in Star Wars.

i can and it will cost you at most $25 first off you go to toysrus and pick this item up http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3136691

then go to you walmart and get the dollar paint cause you wont need more then that and while there see if they got some CB piping ok the paint it all gray works nicer this way then just cover up the spots that are suppose to be gray and paint the rest black when done with that open the gun up and cut only the wires connected to the sound box nothing else or you will ruin the gun so do this part first just for safty. after that take the orange barral and cut it right were it starts to leave the gun so that will stablize you CB pipe barrel (i will have a vid on youtube posted in 2 to 3 days with the internals so that anyone who wants to do it can) i used cardboard tell the barrel could hardly fit in it and lined it up with the light so it will shine throught the CB pipe. then i put the orange piece back in and closed it up. then i pantied it make sure you cover the light tho or it will be ruined and the light is accualy rally nice so you want to keep it. then once all that is done add in the batteries and test it out it wont hav ethe gay sound effect but if you followed my 1 rule and only cut the wire that was connected to the speaker box you will still have the lighting effect so that when you use it at night time or close to dark the gun will look like it is really shooting. i will also have a vid of the gun shooting in the dark so every one can see it. If you have any other ideals to add to the gun try it out then show me how it turned out and if you dont mind send me a vid on how to do it cause i am up for new ideals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back