idk whats next ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
card stock is the best for pep, but I just eye ball it if your building the whole thing from foam.

i went searching for card stock this morning but i didnt find it so i google it and i steal didnt find something to use as a reference to look for it in a better way so iam gonna ask u guys a silly favor could anyone make a id on it ? like how it feels .... and where it can be used ?
its a silly thing i know but ..... just if anyone can then do
thx

i went searching for card stock this morning but i didnt find it so i google it and i steal didnt find something to use as a reference to look for it in a better way so iam gonna ask u guys a silly favor could anyone make a id on it ? like how it feels .... and where it can be used ?
its a silly thing i know but ..... just if anyone can then do
thx

You're looking for very thick paper - if you have any printer paper to hand, the package SHOULD tell you the weight of the paper. 120gsm/110lb/200 micron card is generally what people use here. One decent sheet of card should feel as thick as two or three normal pages of paper together. Try looking in arts and crafts stores for craft card and the like.

so this is the best thing i could find iam not sure if that was it but its way harder than the normal paper and feels harder

201309121033_zps12a5d26f.jpg

201309121031_zpsbeea2de7.jpg

For ODST files, it should work. When you start building larger models like a spartan torso, it will be a bit flimsy. With the smaller size of the parts for an ODST, you'll be fine with this.

ya i already started this but i am having some sit backs for some personal reasons
oh one more thing i am always having problems with the scale of the ODST helmet it is always big from the back of the head idk if that was normal or not and when i fit it into my heads scale it gets tight from the front any one knows y ?
and thx every one

so after all these months i am finally back to 405th . feels like back to home :)
anyway i was away for a while solving issues in order to join college and finally i am in HIGH INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING so i am now a junior engineer full time and since i moved on i will begin from the scratch AGAIN getting FG and BONDO and the rest
but one thing is assured i will be back in prop making :D

the neck thing can be solved with some padding due to the bottom of the helmet is ingame air tight so it's padded all the way around.

I've got some advice for the pepwork. Whenever I print out a pattern, the first thing I do with it is score ALL of the fold lines with a ball point pen and a ruler. This gives the final pepped piece fine and uniform folds. If you deicide to try this(or if you're even still pepping peices) make sure not to press down hard on the paper while doing it, just one slash per fold line will do. Best of luck to you with college and this project!

foxleader the problem is that the helmet itself is big from the back of the head u got me ? its not like a spartan helmet when its cool and a little bit tight so it fits . the ODST is a ..... vast from back of the head but its good from the front and sides

I've got some advice for the pepwork. Whenever I print out a pattern, the first thing I do with it is score ALL of the fold lines with a ball point pen and a ruler. This gives the final pepped piece fine and uniform folds. If you deicide to try this(or if you're even still pepping peices) make sure not to press down hard on the paper while doing it, just one slash per fold line will do. Best of luck to you with college and this project!

thx ghost i will try my best and i will see about that pen thing :)

Okay so today when i was going back home i went for some material digging and i found a treasure ( for me ) a fiberglass factory with WAW amounts along side a home depot so .... all i need now is just a printer and some free time ( cash also needed :p )
just was a little update so ...... nothing more :D

note : if anyone has an idea about getting extra cash PM me plz

so here is what I have accomplished so far . this ODST helmet was really tough work for me lots of small parts and such but .......... I have done it . ofc all thanks goes to Carpethia and the other fans of 405th for directing me

201402021209_zpsf873012b.jpg

201402021210_zps20b6724c.jpg

201402021218_zps88d3d95c.jpg

201402041219_zps5da6d3da.jpg

201402081222_zpsba57c361.jpg

201402081224_zpscb454e29.jpg

next step now legs and shoulders .
but I have a small problem right here , my pep wouldn't allow me to change my scale and always keep pops with a mssg saying Microsoft Visual c++ Floating point not supported
and I tried to download that several times but no use .
what should I do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back