I'm Wanting To Get Into Molding But I Have No Idea What To Do Or Where To Start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageAce

Ok, after seeing countless armors and weapons being built online I've finally convinced myself to start getting into this myself...I want to get into molding my own weapons, preferably a BR or an AR from Halo 3, Can ANYONE give me a very detailed, step-by-step process to molding my BR...I'm starting from scratch, so i need to know how to go about making my mold or procuring one, and i need to know what materials I'm going to need and how much. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!!!! I'm so excited to get started!

well it helps to give an idea if you can post some pics of what it is you are molding. That way we can get a base guesstimate for materials and method.

I just wanna do a standard BR55 Battle rifle, but i'd also REALLY like to do a Halo 3 SMG, like these pics, sorry i couldnt find better ones "/

I don't entirely understand your question, in that, you cannot mold what you have not built. You can't mold a BR55 until you make a BR55. As for advice on molding try this. Be sure to check all the stickies in the model section!

Well i mean, im a noob, MAJOR noob, i call it molding cuz thats how i see it, i just need someone to tell me how to start from the VERY beginning of the process, whatever its called, to pulling the finished product out of the mold...

you need to make something first then you should worry about molding.

You're alot of steps ahead

create a thread of what youre currently working on.

What we are trying to say that we want you to make the BR55 Master out of Wood/Cardboard/Clay/etc before you mold the Master (original). When the master is molded (layers of silicone rubber to create a negative imprint with a hard shell as support), you start to cast the original with liquid plastic (By pouring plastic into the mold, waiting for it to set to make a perfect replica of your BR55)

So to put it simple: A mold is a negative imprint of the weapon/armor you have made from scratch.

Ah, I think I understand you then. Molding is for making copies of a finished project. What you need to do to start is probably pepakura. And more pepakura :pStart there and then just browse this site reading the stickies. Once you've read at LEAST those two links (fully, don't skim.) you can head over to here to find the file you need. If you don't understand why you need a file, then you haven't read the links :D But this will set you up just fine.

i have NOTHING at the moment, i havent done anything, i dont even know where to start, thats why i posted in the noob section...ok these last two seem to be what im lookiung for :) well i guess what i need is how to make the master...like the "negtive" mold that i pour the plastic into, how do i make the "hard" layer, and could someone link me some GREAT links that explain pepakura? im so interested in this and i will listen to everything you say, im pretty skilled with maya so if its anything like that i can prolly just jump right in, ive been teaching myself for 2 years so i can prolly improvise in pep if need be, THANKS AGAIN!

Erm.

Bump?

Everything you've asked has been finished.

Molding is just making a case for a finished product, then making a copy with it.

Making the actual prop is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back