Infected Marine Flood! (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much. that helps quite a bit :)

I guess i'll have to construct the soft bits myself somehow. It's manageable.

The others are going to be interesting. but i guess i cant possibly screw up any pep work because it's all supposed to be broken up anyway :)

LT-GRAVE said:
so i really want to see how your expasion foam is going to work out, any more pics of it?

none so far, been busy working and my supply shop (which i desperately need to visit) is only open till 4:30 on weekdays. hopefully i can grab some Alginate tomorrow and i will begin the head life cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
for the gimpy arm i'm just doing a life cast of my own in a strange pose like shown in the figure. Then giving it a good coat of clay to get those interesting wrinkles, then it's off to the latex for the skin effect and filling it with expanding foam to make it more durable.

I'd think you'd use your oun arm for the "skimpy" arm, as it's the only ACUAl untouched limb on the marine sans the legs.

yes that's what i was going to do :) if you look at the figure closely you'll notice that the infected area is almost a sleeve over the uninfected areas from the chest up and the right arm's shoulder and back. The right arm is going to be the" wearers" arm. the left arm is going to be a life cast and the "wearer" is going to have his/her left arm above it in the infected area so he/she can manually move the tentacle things

I FINALLY was able to purchase some NSP clay today and will be working on my predator skull first, to touch up on my skills again :)

Ghost147 said:
Hi everyone, as some of you know, a few members (guilty, Ghost147, and Darkwolf) have been working on an interesting project which Guilty has claimed will take a year.

i do not qlaim it will take a year i am saying that a year is my deadline because if you check back a my project i still havent finished my healm due too going skiing every weekend of winter(a family tradition)

guilty said:
i do not qlaim it will take a year i am saying that a year is my deadline because if you check back a my project i still havent finished my healm due too going skiing every weekend of winter(a family tradition)

Excuses excuses! :lol (chwbcc is secretly jealous) I miss skiing, I nearly killed my wife (it was the bunny slope!!!) the first time I took her, so we don't do that anymore!

Back on topic:

You probably could use 6" thick foam sheets and sculpt the infection pieces. Then cover it with latex. This is a really fast way to create volume and size and it really easy to carve with an electric carving knife.

Have you thought about something like this for the soft parts?

Hi everyone! i know some of you been eagerly watching this topic, and i realize there hasnt been much movement on here. But i have had a few good things happen! however, these good things lengthen the time it will need to make this project.

None-the-less, i will keep you updated!

Armor? During my little production of the marines armor, i had a friendly little canadian neighbor say that he is also making marine armor, his progress is farther than mine and looks great! so i decided to purchase a full suit off of him.

Soft armor? I am currently in the process of finding good soft armor that replicates what the marines actually use, so far i havent had much luck with that. The products i find i close, but not as close as i would like it, and very expensive. so if you see something that looks good for a good price, link me up!

Organic bits? The actual infected area's i am waiting on for a little while, while i acquire more sculpting tools and different clay (the stuff i purchased is a bit too hard for my liking, so i'll be using it on other stuff). so in the mean while the sculpting is on hold for a bit.

The head??! I am going to be purchasing some nice alginate and other materials used for Life Casting. I havent ever done a life cast before so i'm researching quite a bit on the subject to try and get it right the first time. I do have my victim/person i'll be making the life cast of, however!

Those are all the updates for now! stay tuned for more! and thanks for all the support.

gingersnapples said:
cool, can we see some pics of the purchaced armor?

He's still in the process of perfecting them. but i've seen a lot of his work and he cannot fail! You can see his Pep work on page two later down the page. His other finished projects are incredible, i'm grabbing my SMG from him as well :D

Ghost147 said:
He's still in the process of perfecting them. but i've seen a lot of his work and he cannot fail! You can see his Pep work on page two later down the page. His other finished projects are incredible, i'm grabbing my SMG from him as well :D

i would have liked to buy my armor other than the fact that i am sort of a perfectonist and a bragger at the same time,if i bought my armor it would not be perfect and I WOULD HAVE NO BRAGGING RIGHTS! :eek

Cadet said:
mcf18260fb.jpg

4. Soft goods pouch, so, no real pep files for that.

Maybe it's just me, but that part (4) looks like the lower back pack used by ODST's (albeit modified). There is a pep file available in Skullcandygirl's Weta ODST thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back