It´s done: Mark V [B] Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genick

Finally,

i made it.

First of all i want to thank you, this whole community, for all the tutorials, hints and advices you give to people who want to build helmets or armor from their favorite games.

So, this is my first build ever. I made the Mark V helmet from halo:reach ( thx to rundown for the pepakura file! ).

I did not except this whole thing to be so much work and if i knew it from the beginning, i probably would not have started to build the helmet. :p

But here it is, my first pepakura made helmet:
3jea58e4.jpg

9vqtvmhn.png

djlmez8x.png

jxzrvn7p.png

It´s far away from being perfect, my next one will be (hopefully :) ) better.

What do you guys think? :)

Yous say this is you're fist helmet? look like you've been doing this for a while. Well Im here to tell you that you're helmet looks very good, and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Great job man well done your helmet looks great keep this up and your next helmetwill look perfect

Nope, nope, nope, not your first, maybe your 3rd...This is waay to good to be a first. I'm just teasing.

Have you done any other work like this? That paint is perfect by the way. I'll be watching for more from you. Very good work!

thx for the input so far :)

hmm... as a teenager i loved to perform handicraft work, but i havent done anything like this before. I am in luck that my cam is so shitty so you cant see all those little mistakes that were made in this learning process of making a helmet.

I left some small details of the helmet out, and havent "pimped" the visor.

So far im not 100% satisfied with this work, but having in mind that this is my first one.. im still pleased with it. :)

Nope, nope, nope, not your first, maybe your 3rd...This is waay to good to be a first. I'm just teasing.

Have you done any other work like this? That paint is perfect by the way. I'll be watching for more from you. Very good work!
I second this. What an excellent color too. very elegant. Reminds me of some sort of royal guard.

So what all did you do after you finished the paperkura? ie Resin, Fiberglass, Bondo, painting, padding on the inside

So what all did you do after you finished the paperkura? ie Resin, Fiberglass, Bondo, painting, padding on the inside

I did it like described on the tutorials, but did not use bondo. Just used resin und fiberglass sheets, went through the sanding process and painted the helmet.

This red color was not planned from the beginning. I went to my Father and saw that he had this color left ( he used it for his car ) - so i just took it for this project ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back