Joey Geko's JODST (get it?!?!) Build [WIP/PIC Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like to use rondo for a few reasons-

1. There is no set mix ratio. Which means you can make it as runny or as slow as you need.
True fact. My first experiments were way too runny!

2. Its easy to spread. You can mix a bowel, pour on the area, and spread it with a paint brush.
Also true, and using the brush was something I found initially very appealing

3. It dries smoother. Normally, rondo will dry a bit smoother than normal body putty, unless you are very good at spreading the Bondo. In the end it often means less sanding.
Eh... I think some of my non-smoothinesshoodship may have been my fault, but I'm not 100% sure my experience bares this out.

Things I don't like about it-

1. It seams (at least to me) that its a little tougher to sand than Bondo. However, you have less to sand.
1,000,000.56% agree! This stuff sucks to sand. My least favorite aspect.

1. Rondo goes on in thinner coats. I mark this as a negative for me, because when you need to really smooth something out, you'll have to do multiple coats.

Hope this helps, good luck.

I tried the Rondo/mud method and found I was not a really big fan. My results with it will be in a future update.

Ah, didnt see it post edit. We do try to keep it PG, or at least PG13. Excellent work so far. You are making fast progress.

Next up was the Front Chin section, which I decided to do in two parts so that I could better (in theory) preserve the slight height difference in the original form.

So, as is my want, I bound about the sections with tape and applied my bondo.

I was very concerned when I was done, due to the incredibly ''pebble-y' nature of the chin section. I was convinced that I had set myself an impossible sanding job. it was disheartening to say the least.

But with a belly full o' gumption, and an eye on the prize, I set to with my hand sander, and pulled off what I consider to be a pretty respectable job of smoothing that garbage out. Judge for yourselves, ye scurvy skalliwags!

Judge me not too harshly, for we are all but frail creatures, scrambling upon the rocky shore of this life.

Mooooving on....

I tried to a Rondo mixture to this section of the Chin,

but the batch I made was so runny that it just sloughed right off.

So I russled up another smattering of pure bondo and applied a very thin layer. I wanted there to be a difference in heights between the two sections, but I wanted it to be minimal, both for looks, and ease of not having to mess with those little geometric shapes off the Ear blocks.

After drying and sanding, my results were in! (The black lines were guide marks I had put on to keep the shape of the sections while applying the adhesive anti-bondo strips.)

Randy thought it was pitchy, Simon...Nope, gonna stop that terrible joke/reference now.

See ya later folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back