Jorge-052 armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge052

I recently got a Nerf Vulcan for about 2 dollars, and I had the idea of making Jorge's armor after thinking of modifying the body to look like an M247H HMG. Right now, I have some cardboard and paper lying around the house, and I was wondering 2 things: What part of the armor should I start with, and how should I start off building?

Well I would suggest just building the gun from foam or something, but it definitely is possible to modify a nerf gun if you really want to. The helmet would be a good part of the armor to start on, because it is the focal point of the armor, and generally the most detailed.

thanks. Tbh, I think it'll be easier to modify the gun, since it's appearance (in terms of form) is similar enough to the M247H. Plus, modifying it will allow for a functional replica.

thanks. Tbh, I think it'll be easier to modify the gun, since it's appearance (in terms of form) is similar enough to the M247H. Plus, modifying it will allow for a functional replica.

It's probably a toss up on which is easier anyways. I've done a couple nerf halo replicas in the past and it is fun to have a functional replica. I haven't done a nerf replica in years though, since I prefer doing accurate replicas instead.

Theres only one problem I see with modding a nerf gun, scale. In the game, the gun is massive compared to a spartan, while the nerf vulcan is quite small compared to a regular sized human. Thats the only problem I see with the gun, cant wait to see the mod. Good luck with the armor and turret.

Theres only one problem I see with modding a nerf gun, scale. In the game, the gun is massive compared to a spartan, while the nerf vulcan is quite small compared to a regular sized human. Thats the only problem I see with the gun, cant wait to see the mod. Good luck with the armor and turret.
That's a good point, When I did some nerf mods a few years ago I had always used guns that were roughly the right size. Since Jorge's gun has that box-y barrel part, he could put that style extension on the front, which would probably help the size.

That's a good point, When I did some nerf mods a few years ago I had always used guns that were roughly the right size. Since Jorge's gun has that box-y barrel part, he could put that style extension on the front, which would probably help the size.
It might help a bit, but overall the vulcan is too small to be turned into a lifesized replica of Jorge's gun.

The gun being too small might actually be an advantage since a full case would be much easier than modifying segments of it. Plus, I wasn't necessarily looking to make permanent modifications, so I could build the case as 2 halves, and make them easily removable.

The gun being too small might actually be an advantage since a full case would be much easier than modifying segments of it. Plus, I wasn't necessarily looking to make permanent modifications, so I could build the case as 2 halves, and make them easily removable.
That would work quite well, the only thing that's a problem is securing the two halves together. The only thing that I can think of to secure something like that is to use massive magnets, or wrapping the thing it duct tape (I don't reccomend the latter) but if your lucky, you might be able to get away with clips or snaps.

The Helmet might be the most iconic part of the armour but is also in my own experience the most difficult. I'd reccomend starting from the boots up :)

That would work quite well, the only thing that's a problem is securing the two halves together. The only thing that I can think of to secure something like that is to use massive magnets, or wrapping the thing it duct tape (I don't reccomend the latter) but if your lucky, you might be able to get away with clips or snaps.
I actually have about 10 neodymium magnets at my disposal, so that could work.

If you dig through some of the threads in here (wish i could recall) someone made a to scale chaingun and it was massive with him only around 5'10" i'd say. But being jorge was a Spartan II he was what 6'9" to 6'11" I am rusty on his hieght.

Does anyone happen to know the exact dimensions of the M247H?

Well, on the wiki it says that it's 64 inches, or 5'4" I generally scale my weapons down 17% to make them human sized, since Spartan weapons are 117% larger than human weapons, so a human sized m247H would be right around 54", or 4.5'. Hope that helped.

Well, on the wiki it says that it's 64 inches, or 5'4" I generally scale my weapons down 17% to make them human sized, since Spartan weapons are 117% larger than human weapons, so a human sized m247H would be right around 54", or 4.5'. Hope that helped.
It did. Thanks for the info :)

It's really inconsistent though with the scaling of weapons and I recommend doing a paper printout of your schematic before committing to any scale. For instance the BR55HB is bang on for use by an average sized person and the M6C/SOCOM needed to be scaled up from in universe measurements to allow a whole hand in behind the guard.

I started working on a M247H a while ago (Check out my thread below) but put it aside to finish my son's and my armor first. I printed it out as is was and was transferring it to foamboard. I assemble the entire thing in 90lb paper first as my test. and then broke it down in to the individual sections. The size for me was decent. I'm 6'3" and it didn't feel too small or too large of a weapon. It is a large weapon don't get me wrong.......but you also don't want to be walking around w/ something you can't pass through a crowd with. There are no straps, no hooks that can be used......you have to carry this the whole time. As soon as my suit is done, I'll start it back up again.

Guys, I have a problem. I haven't started building yet, since I don't have any foam, but I realized that in-game, the ammo box on the M247 is on the right side, but the belt on my Vulcan feeds from the left. Any way I can get around this?

Guys, I have a problem. I haven't started building yet, since I don't have any foam, but I realized that in-game, the ammo box on the M247 is on the right side, but the belt on my Vulcan feeds from the left. Any way I can get around this?

Honestly, if you want to do a nerf replica, it already isn't going to be super accurate, so you might as well leave the ammo box on the left. There really isn't a way to get around that if you want a functioning replica

- - - Updated - - -

It's really inconsistent though with the scaling of weapons and I recommend doing a paper printout of your schematic before committing to any scale. For instance the BR55HB is bang on for use by an average sized person and the M6C/SOCOM needed to be scaled up from in universe measurements to allow a whole hand in behind the guard.

That is true, I just use the 17% downscaling as a starting point, obviously after I print out my blueprint I make sure that the weapon will look the same size in my hand as it does in a Spartan's in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back