Jun / Reach Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew! Thighs are done and pretty dam symmetrical too!

Wasn't sure if they were going to turn out even but other than maybe a little bend here or there they are pretty close lookers.

I have a belt rework, the stomach plate and shins to decide on next.

[

Shin done

This one wasn't to bad.. Its a mirror image item so only need one. I may build up the upper shin cap a little it got a tad flattened when i glued it to the main shin. Other than that it turned out the way I want. Now I need to build a spartan III knee cap.. Ultimately my plant is to build this on a 3 piece articulated motorcycle knee guard. That way my thigh knee and cap are supported underneath yet can bend and the knee cap can float like in the game

jun.png

n:ANd9GcS67D2P2KlGKKcqJi4FNhzmZeslVLPfOsNklPxgaBjjcG5xpGc&t=1&usg=__9NpufaowfMzYj4fjmroFCoKJ_qE=.jpg

those are alpine star bionic knees.. There are a lot of motocross knee pads or braces that would work.. six six one makes a few I was thinking of too called ricochets.
I do a lot of internet research..

So once I get the parts made I will make attachment anchors to lock them onto the knee braces under neath.. I will likely have to split the shin front and back to strap it on on from the back side.. I had considered slip on neoprene pads but may not take anchors to well unless I sew in some webbing and buckle attachments.
knees
720259.jpg

elbows

I_320894_SW_1.jpg

Finished Spartan III knee cap which was pretty straight forward.. A little paper reinforcing on the narrow parts and it was finish in about 3hrs if I recall.

Well tonight my forearm update was a failure :( Tried to build the Rhinoc New Reach gauntlet Unfolded by Altair651... Once again worked my self into a corner and couldn't get it connecting without looking bad. Guess I can consider it a test fit project which was fine. I am down to a boot,the stomach plate and a retry at a new forearm again. Then onto a bit of reinforcement for resin. Feel like I am dragging, but realize I pepped a lot in over a months time.

Finished chest piece.. My 4 yr old son decided he wanted to climb on couch and sat on my forearm.. Lucky for me it was the bad one I made last night. Whew!
Wasn't too sure if I got the scale right.. Wife looked and said Oh yeah that looks good.
It did basically wrap under my chest. The stomach plate looks a little big, but from the figure references it appears to be in the right location with that gap in the center where a little box should be. Worst case I trim it up the middle and slide it inwards about an inch or so..

FIG-KAI-2107_02.jpg

Had my wife look at it one more time and yeah looked like it needed a little narrowing.. So cut up the middle and shrunk it inward about 1.5 inches.. Now it looks more like the figure shot.. Having the overlap helped rigid it up a bit too.

BEFORE

AFTER

FIG-KAI-2107_02.jpg

hey dude, loving the progress :D much further along then when i last looked :p

i was just wondering which file you used for the chest and stomach pieces? because im re-starting my own jun project, back surgery put me out for a while, and that chest looks really awesome :) Thanks

Measured about three of my shoes to get an average size. Looking like a about 5 wide should do it.. That should allow for a shell and then fill the gap beween the show and shell with flex foam..

Boot is Done...

Well it fits on a 9.5 to 10 boot pretty snug.. Definitely see this having to be made from rubber to take all the flexing a shoe does.

oh dam! sorry about ur back :( The stomach plate was called (Stumachplate_reach_unfolded by Jason02) and the chest was called (rech_chest_by_lganderson).. They should be in the reach pep files section.. Should hopefully look like this.. The under arm parts almost touch by my sides and my ears just pass through the neck. It feels like it is a little long front to back but again a lot of soft armor those Spartans are wearing under the hard armor. I think thats whats missing. The back feels like it should be smaller but I think its a little bit of the model version and I am not that broad..

Thanks for the help dude and the chest looks fine, with some padding and your underarmour it should fill out nicley :) just one thing, do you have a link to the stomach plate? i cant seem to find it :/ haha

omg i love it! and im expecting that your gunna add the ghillie/camo drape over the chest right? it just wouldnt be complete without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back