Just Another Armor Newbie? Mjolnir Mk VI (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow!!! the movie looks great, now i want to see it really badly =D but first i have to see battle: Los Angeles

I haven't heard of it! I'll have to check it out, fo sho.

Updddddddate:

Finished the right forearm! Forearms are definitely my least liked pep. Too much annoying detail, but I made an effort to be especially careful with it, so it would turn out nice and spiffy.
I couldn't take any pictures with it on my arm because it's nearly impossible for me to take pictures with my iPhone in my left hand.

photo-22.jpg

photo-25.jpg

photo-27.jpg

photo-26.jpg

VAULA! That's it for now :) Working on the hand plate.

I could've swore during that video i saw a NCR veteran ranger get slapped in the face by Rocked lol! But nice armor! I'm sooooooooooooooo ready to pep my chest piece, but my printer is broken:( nice work by the way, as usual:p I'll be looking forward to the new pieces. And btw, are you going to pep all of the armor before you bondo and stuff?

I could've swore during that video i saw a NCR veteran ranger get slapped in the face by Rocked lol! But nice armor! I'm sooooooooooooooo ready to pep my chest piece, but my printer is broken:( nice work by the way, as usual:p I'll be looking forward to the new pieces. And btw, are you going to pep all of the armor before you bondo and stuff?

RIGHT?! Haha! Rocket is a beast. That's lame, I hope you can print soon!
Yes, I will be finishing the rest of the pepping before then, as it's still too cold to resin outside 'cause I get way too freezing!
Hopefully it warms up soon, arghhhhhh!

Looking nice so far, can't wait to see more!

Thank you, sir!

--------------
Oh, and this my fancy new Dremel bit kit :
photo-28.jpg

Anddddd.... now it's 3:16am and I have just finished the right hand plate...
photo-29.jpg

Which happens to be the right size this time! *I have just realized that the three circle things are not all the same. If you see the right sided circle, that one is lower than the others, so I'm guessing that one is to be used as the center one. Ah, not using edge ID does come with a price. Won't be a problem, though. Yay, for bondo.
...So that means I just have to finish the left forearm and hand plate, then tackle the 40 page beast again - then I'll be off to the lower body. Once all that is done it should be warm enough for me to work comfortably outside to resin.
Considering I have just picked up some more bondo, spot putty, and dremel bits, I should be making more headway on the helmet. I will be ordering the visor soon enough.

By the way, can anyone tell me what kind of primer is best to use? Like, to tell what parts of the helmet need adjustment, you know the drill.
By where the bondo and resin is, there are automotive primers, but they're all the rust-oleum stuff that protect against rust, and I'm not sure what can or can't -or- should or shouldn't be used.
-I just looked at the tut in the creation section, but now I'm even more unsure, as he said you have to be careful about which primers you use because they can negatively affect the paint.
I'm one confused Abby, so if any of you who have experience with this can give me some tips or even what you used in order, I'd be SO thankful.

woooo high five! we have the same dremel kit :p its all coming along very quickly and neat, damn you with your powerful motivation :p

Wow, it's amazing armor.
hi! I'm new user, nice to meet you.
I lern so much from here, I can't wait for the next update.
see you! ^_^

Hey I have a dremel kit just like that (except mines red)

Excellent progress report and glad to here that the "no edge id's" rule! I did that for most of my build.

Primer: I used Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Gray Primer. UPC:063213007020
I'm not sure if that exact one is available in the USA (I'm in Canada)
Its not an automotive primer, its a regular multi purpose primer.

Keep up the fantastic work! Your doing very well!

:)

woooo high five! we have the same dremel kit :p its all coming along very quickly and neat, damn you with your powerful motivation :p

Woot woot!
Motivation is the key, my friend!

me 3, good progress on the handplate

Thanks!

Wow, it's amazing armor.
hi! I'm new user, nice to meet you.
I lern so much from here, I can't wait for the next update.
see you! ^_^

Thank you and nice to meet you too! I'm glad you're learning! Will you be making any armor? If so, I wish you luck!

Hey I have a dremel kit just like that (except mines red)
Excellent progress report and glad to here that the "no edge id's" rule! I did that for most of my build.
Primer: I used Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Gray Primer. UPC:063213007020
I'm not sure if that exact one is available in the USA (I'm in Canada)
Its not an automotive primer, its a regular multi purpose primer.
Keep up the fantastic work! Your doing very well!
:)

Thank you so much, Longshot! I'll keep my eyes open for that primer. It appears to be that a lot of people have that dremel kit!

Update:
Finished the left forearm and the hand plate, so this is what I have so far, including the helmet:

photo-30.jpg

Then, here's all the other stuff that I've done that I'm not using:

photo-31.jpg

Jeez, if I wasn't such a perfectionist, I could already have all the pepping done for the whole suit.
Oh well, I've got all the time (and cardstock) I need!

I haven't been working much on the helmet, but I've been sanding it here and there. It's cold -almost getting to be in the 40's-, so it's not the most enjoyable thing to do at the moment.
That's it for now! I won't be working on anything tomorrow because I'm going to Chi-town for the day.
Flatlanders, beware- I'm coming for you!

What can I say. Awesome work! Im glad you're a perfectionist. To many people rush their stuff and it turns out looking bad. Always impressed.

-Tony

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before! I'm on here every day, looking through the "what's new" section.
This looks like a fantastic build! I tried building my boyfriend a suit, but after I gave him the finished helmet, I realized he thought I was just as strange as a normal person would. Oh well, more time to make mine! :)
Good luck, and I'm in the same boat as you for the cold weather. Northwest Washington: currently 53 and raining... foo. :p So instead, I'm making my undersuit, then pepping.

Dear abby,

FANTASTIC work on the suit, i really cant wait to see this finished, i check your thread at least 3 times a day, again good luck.

Sincerely, Kanniba1istic

P.S. I saw Sucker Punch earlier today, and it was AWESOME!

What can I say. Awesome work! Im glad you're a perfectionist. To many people rush their stuff and it turns out looking bad. Always impressed.

-Tony

Thanks again, sir!

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before! I'm on here every day, looking through the "what's new" section.
This looks like a fantastic build! I tried building my boyfriend a suit, but after I gave him the finished helmet, I realized he thought I was just as strange as a normal person would. Oh well, more time to make mine! :)
Good luck, and I'm in the same boat as you for the cold weather. Northwest Washington: currently 53 and raining... foo. :p So instead, I'm making my undersuit, then pepping.

Thanks! Normal people just don't see the awesomeness of being a Halo nerd, but hey, it's perfectly fine that way!
Another from Washington, eh? I'm jealous! I'm going to be going to college out there, hopefully for game design. I've always wanted to work at Bungie.
Anyway, good luck with the undersuit! Looks like you're putting a great deal of effort into getting the plans together :)

Dear abby,
FANTASTIC work on the suit, i really cant wait to see this finished, i check your thread at least 3 times a day, again good luck.
Sincerely, Kanniba1istic
P.S. I saw Sucker Punch earlier today, and it was AWESOME!

Thank you, Kanniba1istic! That's so awesome of you!
YAY! I'm glad you saw it! Isn't it amazing!? That's all that has been on my mind this past week! I'm going to go see it for the third time on Saturday. Can't wait! :D

--------------------

This is a picture from awhile back when I glassed the helmet... just thought I'd post it because it looks cool.
photo-36.jpg

Slow process...
photo-43.jpg

Like I said, I'll be working on this a lot more once the weather warms up. I bought some thin-ish foam stuff. I'll be using that for the "floating faces." Those will be put on once I get most of the sanding and bondo work done, then I'll put a thin coat of resin over them and more bondo.

After all the rest of pepping is done and I start glassing the stuff, I'll be starting on my Stormtrooper project... How could I not?
I'm just as much a Star Wars fanatic as I am a Halo fanatic. I think my username gives that away. :)

Thank you, Kanniba1istic! That's so awesome of you!
YAY! I'm glad you saw it! Isn't it amazing!? That's all that has been on my mind this past week! I'm going to go see it for the third time on Saturday. Can't wait! :D

--------------------

Like I said, I'll be working on this a lot more once the weather warms up. I bought some thin-ish foam stuff. I'll be using that for the "floating faces." Those will be put on once I get most of the sanding and bondo work done, then I'll put a thin coat of resin over them and more bondo.

After all the rest of pepping is done and I start glassing the stuff, I'll be starting on my Stormtrooper project... How could I not?
I'm just as much a Star Wars fanatic as I am a Halo fanatic. I think my username gives that away. :)

Youre welcome, i even check the thread at 6 in the morning =p.
I really wish i was as good as you at this though lol.

P.S. the movie was pretty awesome but i dont think id go see it 3 times =P
P.S.S. I also enjoy star wars.

I really wish i was as good as you at this though lol.

P.S. the movie was pretty awesome but i dont think id go see it 3 times =P
P.S.S. I also enjoy star wars.

I share your wish. I have yet to finish a single pep. I'm a perfectionist as well and it means i won't move forward till i have it perfect. and i agree that the movie was good but not worth more than one viewing.

oh and p.s. stands for post script, so for a second one you might want to use p.p.s. for post post script, and not post script script :)

I share your wish. I have yet to finish a single pep. I'm a perfectionist as well and it means i won't move forward till i have it perfect. and i agree that the movie was good but not worth more than one viewing.

oh and p.s. stands for post script, so for a second one you might want to use p.p.s. for post post script, and not post script script :)

yeah, but p.s.s. sounds better to me =P

Thanks everyone!
Score1987 and Kanniba1istic, you guys may not intend on seeing Sucker Punch again, but I'd see it 100 more times if I could!
I'm sorta, kinda addicted...

Back to work on the armor! I think I'm gonna' work on the cod piece instead of the chest piece right now. My computer doesn't enjoy functioning with my printer, as I found out last night when it decided to print 100 out of 40 pages... definitely a problem - it couldn't even handle the 15 page thigh. Lame. So, I shut it down and I'm going to try again now.
As for Chi-city, I had a good day, but driving in Chicago.... scary stuff.
Went to Ed Debevic's and then to the Shedd Aquarium. Not much of an aquarium, if you ask me... And it's WAYYYYY too packed. Claustrophobia at an all time high! But the Field Museum and Planetarium are awesome. If you're ever in the Chicago area, definitely go to Ed Debevic's, quite an awesome place. "Eat and get out!" I used to go down with my family and eat there once a year, but then everyone got old and moved away. Pfffffffft.

Just a picture I took when I was by the Shedd Aquarium.
photo-37.jpg

My iPhone has a very annoying redish-pinkish smudge thing on it. Don't know how it happened, but it happened around the same time that I jail-broke it, not that that has anything to do with it. It's a 1st gen, super ghetto.

How the heck do I get so off topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back