JUSTINIAN 117's MARK V BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a long month of working on the forearms, I finally had a breakthrough.

I made just abouth every pep model I could find, just to have as a reference:

100_1075.jpg

I decided that I didn't think that any of the angular models looked quite right, and I decided that it should look more rounded.

So I used different sizes of PVC pipe for most of it. For the front part I cut it into sections and sanded the edges, and superglued them back together to give it grooves:
100_1044-1.jpg

Once I had the top and bottom PVC sections cut out, I super glued a strip of plastic to hold them together:
100_1076.jpg

Then I took some strips of paper and glued them to the inside of the pipes, and then brushed on some resin to harden the paper:
100_1079.jpg

Then I covered it in Bondo, and started to sand and shape it the way I wanted it to look.
After many layers and a lot of sanding I got the shape I wanted:
101_3476.jpg

Then I moved on to the elbow section that sticks out, and some more detailed bondo and sanding:
101_3477.jpg

I will be priming it and painting within the next few days, so stay tuned.

wow! that looks way better than the original, keep goin!

i dont know if you seen this before, but i extracted some Bitmaps from Halo PC for reference (i used to skin),
and i thought i'd share

Cyborg Hands
cyborg%20hands.png

Cyborg
Cyborg.png

and this just for sh*ts
Blueflag.png
http://flyingspartan.webs.com/Redflag.png

Thanks guys.

Flying Spartan - thanks for the skins. They could have been really helpful last month but I can use them for the other parts.

Just getting ready to sart painting.... Be back soon with amazing updates.

Thanks guys.

Here it is with the primer coat:

100_1081.jpg

The final paint job should be done within the next day or so.

I bought some Dye elbow pads for paintball, and I thought they looked pretty good for undersuit material.

100_1091.jpg

I have the forearms painted and finished after way too much time spent on them.

100_1084.jpg

100_1090.jpg

On to the next part... the legs and boots.

Those forearms look great-those protectors are great undersuit material too. After seeing those, I may pick some up for myself. Good use of pvc btw.

holy!! the forearms are soooo smooth, how... thats amazing

It is a months worth of bondo and sanding.

Rosh - the elbow pads do work great, they hold the forearms on very tight. They are a little too detailed for this suit, but it is a great temporary fix until I can make a high quality Blue Realm undersuit.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

I'm not familiar with mold making at all. If I get a large enough response I may consider making a mold.

Right now I am experimenting with making a simple mold for the game accurate soles of the shoes (thanks for the inspiration Throssoli). If it is a success I will post it up soon.

Thanks, LoneKiller.

In other news I have been hard at work on making a mold for the shoe soles. I should have some pictures up within a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back