KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks great as always, and you make it look so easy. I when you made your template for the thigh, you wrapped it tight to your leg. Did you have to make any adjustments to account for the thickness of the foam? This way just seems so much easier than messing with pep templates. Thanks for any help you can give. :D

(sigh)...
As usual, you're work makes me shake my head :)
This is one of the cleanest builds I've seen! Cannot wait to see this thing completed, It's going to look fantastic!

Dave.

You are going to make one sexy Kat! Remarkable work so far on the suit! My female spartan friend was just encountering the same "bathroom" problem... this should help!

Great idea with the clip! Going to have to integrate that into my girlfriend's thighs...

Always good to have the female perspective, practical issues like that just sail over my head

Once I had the rough markings, I transferred the newsprint to a pair of stuffed jeans to make sketching the shapes easier. Drawing upside down on your own leg is rather tricky:
Post_Step2_01.jpg

Is that a veloceraptor in your pants? lol

This is an amazing build, the details are awesome. Are you able to flip the template over to make the other thigh piece?

Moving this out of Noob section, into the Creation Discussion section... for now...

I will certainly be moving it into Elite as soon as it's done.

Your soft parts work is simply amazing, and your method to creating slick custom foam parts is fantastic. Love the shapes and curves you're able to achieve.

Keep up the great work!

Gratz on the move Lil it is more than deserved :)
Love the thigh.
Excelent as always.

Tom.

Hey! Lookie, Lookie!!!!
Well it's about time.... Noob Section.... (Pfft!) My A$$!
We'll deserved! Just a matter of time until your moved up to Elite!
Let me congratulate you in advance!

Cheers,
Dave.

Congrats on the move, Lil! Definitely deserved. As for the thigh, you've got me starting to think I should make my own templates as well when I start foam work on my armor!

Dang...you're thighs are looking great. The detail work is just amazing. :D
And in other NEWS Congrats on the big move.:cool NO more noob section for you.;)

congrats on the move! and dang those thighs are awesome, it fits so well, i cant wait to see the finished product. for the inner part of the thigh, those three wrap around things, are you going to put those on the undersuit, because i imagine it would be a little difficult to put them on the thigh piece itself with how you made the thigh unbuckle in the middle of where those pieces are.

*after re reading I think what i am talking about is what you called the leg seal so nvm haha muh bad*

I wonder if we can vote to move this build into the top 25 works in process not only for craftsmanship but for innovation as well. The under armor is her own unique design, attaching each piece individually so that the suit articulates easier, I don't remember seeing any visable buckles or straps, I am sure that I have probably left out a lot more reason why, but she has my vote.

Im with everyone else amazing build, Congrats on the move out of the noob section hopefully you will be joining us soon in the Elite section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back