KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beautiful!
Lil, you have me so excited for when I start my undersuite... Nervous too!
If my undersuite comes out looking 1/4 of how yours dose, happy, happy, happy I will be!

Your work and effort stand alone!

Dave.

Thanks everyone for the comments :)

Hopefully I can get the other leg seal together soon!

-----

Multi-quote function is still not working...so...

@ACDC:
Thanks dude! Movement in it seems to be fine. I think it will be a bit easier once I strap it to the undersuit though.

@JBetts:
Thank you :)

Crimmson:
Thank you Crimmson, I'm glad you are enjoying the build! Long work hours are never fun :(

@Cinder:
:D For sure, usually the second version of things goes quicker. Now, if only I can get some time to work on it...lol.

thorn:
Thanks! :)

@Cereal:
Thanks Dave. Undersuits are an undertaking, but I'm sure you can do it!

@vshore:
Thank you! You've gotta get back on your build now so I can reciprocate the commentary! :)

-----

Moooore updates this weekend! 'Til then, keep building guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys :)

----

Oke doke, as promised...it's Update Time! :)

I spent this weekend putting together the second leg seal, and starting a second pair of shorts for the undersuit. Hooray!

The leg seal before it went into the foam thigh:
Post_LegSeal_00.jpg

The little tabs along the bottom get Velcro sewn to them for removable attachment to the thigh. Once I get the strapping together, I'll show more about how the thigh comes on and off.

All suited up:
Post_Full_00.jpg

The lighting makes it almost impossible to see the shorts...so...

Here's a close-up:
Post_CloseUp_00-2.jpg

You may remember the first pair of shorts from back on Page 7. I previously made the mistake of using too much non-breathable material and too many materials with different levels of stretch. The resulting shorts were uncomfortably small and way too toasty...

Shorts #2 are 1,000 times more comfortable than the first pair! I had to sacrifice some texture changes :( but I think it was worth it for the drastic increase in comfort. I may be able to add some texture back in depending on how I decide to strap the thighs...but we'll see.

That's all for now!

-----

Next up: I'll probably either finish the undersuit legs, or start a new piece of armor.

Thanks for checking out the build, and a Happy Father's Day to all those dad's out there! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Your suit is actually looking like a true in game Spartan, and I like the fact that is is all put together in sections, very nice job

And yet another awesome up date. The shorts concept has to be one of the best I've seen. Love all the detail you put into them. :D

Why is it I JUST now saw this epicness???? I bow down to your amazing foam skills !! This deserves to be put in the Elite section! Can't wait to see more! <---Exclamation points!

It's.....it's.........it's................amazuhhhhhhh..................................(loses speech,can't seem to find it anywhere!) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back