KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, lets not nit-pick her build. What she decides to do with it, is her choice. She took some liberties with the entire shape of the suit, but still kept the overall look perfectly! I personally love the helmet and Anime-esque qualities.

Oh and....ELITE!! Way To Go!!

Well, this looks fantastic! From the construction of each part to the end, awesome job. Honestly, one of the most cleanly executed builds I have ever seen. The detail achieved is first rate professional level badassery. The paintwork looks legit. I can't describe in one word how I feel about this, so I leave you with this: Dayum u str8 babygurl!

Tony

might of missed it cause I keep staring at the pics but how do you attach your foam sheet so that they appear really flat?

Awesome work, best yet

Hey you ! first of all thank you for so much awesomness....

we all ... THE WHOLE COMMUNITY isnt even able to say thank you as much as u deserve... this WHOLE thread is just epicness of its finest !

congratz on the elite status... you deserve it 2x ! :)

No go out and enjoy your armor and be proud of what you produced... show the world your hard work and be damn proud of it !

if u ever come to austria ima going to marry you ... dont care what u say ;D hahaha ...
jk really girl keep it up ... you are awesome no matter if someone says something different !

greets ed

Everyone knew it was going to happen once it was complete . . . . ELITE BABY YEAH!!!!!!! LOL! :p
Congrats on the move up.

Honestly there isnt really anything i can say that has not been said by everyone. So i will say a word that Merry Poppins says when she doesnt know what to say. SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICEXPIALODOSCHOUS... lol Wonder job on the suit.
What else do you want to do to it so that it is complete in your eyes.

Wow guys! Thank you all so much for the incredibly awesome comments and support! It’s an honor to be moved to Elite!
-----
@ spartan-087, Jason-078, Old Trenchy, JBetts97, Wildscar, Deveralia, Weaponlpz, Dbmike, ziffa27, elettrozero, cyber poncho, Camaro91, Morphine, TheReconSpartan, Skullptura, TheBradinator:

Thank you all so much for the love! I really appreciate all of you checking out the build. I hope you enjoyed watching it as much as I enjoyed making it! XD

WOW.
wowowowowowow
Incredible. INCREDIBLE. It is amazing lilty!!!!! AHHHHH SO GOOD.
Thanks girl! And thank you for watching the build for so long!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! and might I add....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha, thank you plasauce.

Beautiful job on the armor, Ma'am! Now you can finally join the ranks of the Elite Builders here.
Thank you ACDC! I'm glad you think so!

Love the paint job. this at this moment in time the best build out there. Congrats on a well made build, it was a joy to watch.:D
Thank you thorn!! It’s an awesome compliment coming from a builder like yourself!

I'd say this was one wild ride, but the fact is that it was detailed, strictly awesome, and incredible to watch. This build has been one I won't ever forget or regret watching. I'm happy to have another completed chick spartan in the ranks. Someday, we shall troop together, and it shall be fun. :D
Aw, thanks Roxy! I can definitely say the same about your build :D. And yes, it would be awesome to troop together! Yay for Lady Spartans!

Great Looking Suit!!!!! You got it done in time for Halloween and the Halo 4 release. Loved following along on this build and will definitely tag along on any others that you do. Well Done!!!!
Thank you! I was so relieved to finish in time! I’ll be taking a little break before I start my next build…but another one is definitely coming!

Holy freakin sweetness of everything epic this is the best foam armor I have ever seen! I've watched this thread since the beginning, and I have been excited to see it finished, and it's a million times better than I anticipated, and I already knew it would be epic! Can't wait to see this in the Elite section! ;)
Thanks so much! It’s the continued support of everyone here that kept me powering through the build! :D

Great job on your armor, did you get swamped by people when you wore the armor in public. Love the paint job. I hope that this build does not get buried once it is finished. I hope it gets to be somewhere on the front page or stickied
Thank you Crimmson. There were definitely some people who really liked the suit. I think the highlight for me though was this little kid who started jumping around saying how much he loved Halo, lol!

Wow, this turned out great man!
How did you split the thighs again?
Thanks! I’ll post pics later this weekend…I’m too tired at the moment, lol.

Amazing job! Sure wish I lived closer so we could roll in a squad! Now you just have to bust out a JUNE suit for your guy. Btw, what made you decide to go with a custom helmet over KATS?
Thanks. And I’m pretty sure you’re actually like 40 minutes from where I am, lol. For the helmet stuff I posted more about my reasoning a few pages back when I was building the foam base.

Well girl you have truely shown us how it's done. This is one of the top all time foam builds out there and imo there are only a hand full of these Masterfull quality builds. I just wish that I lived in the US so I could some day bump into you and admire it in the flesh.

Looking forward to seeing the next project and the elite move is sooo deserved. <---------yes an edit :)

Tom.
Thank you so much, Tom! You have a bunch of awesome builds under your belt so I really appreciate it! And maybe one day someone will get around to getting a teleporter up and runnin’ :p

Well done, you've set a high mark for the rest of us. Don't look now, but there's a giant squid thing following you in that picture.........
Absolutely gorgeous armor. I tip my hat to you. *tips hat* I heard a "not quite finished" in there, what else are you planning to do to this work of art?
Hahaha, thank you Starflyt. And yes…there is an Octopus behind me! My friend made her awesome costume from scratch as well. As for the “not quite finished,” I want to add Kat’s tactical case and helmet cam before I’ll consider this “done.”

Awesome work, the paint job is simply staggering. Got a question for you, what did you do for the UNSCDF logo on your chest plate? It looks so clean and detailed
Thanks Spacemeat. The logo is a waterslide…most awesome invention ever!

Awesome suit, but dont get me wrong I just have to say this. :( There might be a reason why you did the helmet the way you did it BUT I cant stop watching its scale and shape.
Its not as wide as it should be on the sides. :( Helmet usually is the most important piece in the whole armor.
Please guys dont hate me pointing this out. :(
I’ve already mentioned earlier in the thread some of the reasons why I changed the helmet. Ultimately, it’s my build and I did things the way that I wanted to.

Great Build..... Not sure where the elite showcase is going just yet, but for now I'll put you in in it... fantastic WIP also... nice to see the build progress and seeing it through to more or less completion (Your opinion on completion, not mine, I think it looks great).

Move this to the Elite Showcase...
:D :D Thank you! Totally made my day!!!

Hey guys, lets not nit-pick her build. What she decides to do with it, is her choice. She took some liberties with the entire shape of the suit, but still kept the overall look perfectly! I personally love the helmet and Anime-esque qualities.

Oh and....ELITE!! Way To Go!!
Thanks Dystorted, I appreciate the support!!! Glad you like the end result :D

Well, this looks fantastic! From the construction of each part to the end, awesome job. Honestly, one of the most cleanly executed builds I have ever seen. The detail achieved is first rate professional level badassery. The paintwork looks legit. I can't describe in one word how I feel about this, so I leave you with this: Dayum u str8 babygurl!

Tony
Hahahahaha, thank you Tony. You have an epic way of giving a compliment, lol!

might of missed it cause I keep staring at the pics but how do you attach your foam sheet so that they appear really flat?
Awesome work, best yet
Thanks nosaint. Spray mount is the key!

Hey you ! first of all thank you for so much awesomness....

we all ... THE WHOLE COMMUNITY isnt even able to say thank you as much as u deserve... this WHOLE thread is just epicness of its finest !

congratz on the elite status... you deserve it 2x ! :)

No go out and enjoy your armor and be proud of what you produced... show the world your hard work and be damn proud of it !

if u ever come to austria ima going to marry you ... dont care what u say ;D hahaha ...
jk really girl keep it up ... you are awesome no matter if someone says something different !
Hahaha, thank you PigBenis. This totally made me laugh! I’m glad you've enjoyed the build, it’s been awesome sharing the progress here!

Everyone knew it was going to happen once it was complete . . . . ELITE BABY YEAH!!!!!!! LOL! :p
Congrats on the move up.
Hehehe, thanks 127!

Honestly there isnt really anything i can say that has not been said by everyone. So i will say a word that Merry Poppins says when she doesnt know what to say. SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICEXPIALODOSCHOUS... lol Wonder job on the suit.
What else do you want to do to it so that it is complete in your eyes.
Hahahahahaha! Thank you dude! Awesome reaction :D. I still want to add Kat’s tactical case and helmet cam…then I might be able to call it complete…until I think of something else, lol.

My absolute admiration to your work no doubt, congratulations.
Gracias Toja!

Good job on the well deserved promotion!

Wort wort wort
Hahaha, thank you.

Hehehehe wort wort wort says and elite!
CONGRATS ON ELITE! it's like only yesterday I saw this being started!
Thanks Croc…I can’t believe it’s been 10 months!!!!
-----

I have a few more pics to post…but right now I’m exhausted…so goodnight and keep buildin’ until next time!

And again, thank you thank you all for checking out the build!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah okay gotcha. Well can't wait to see ya making the tactical case too :)
:) It might be a little while before I get to it though...I'm debating taking a break from this build to get a head start on my guy's suit. Gotta be ready in time for SDCC! :D

-----
A few people were asking me about my split thighs, so here's a few pics that will hopefully clarify:

Post_LegSplit_00.jpg

The red line on the left indicates where the thighs are split. At some point I may fill that gap better so that it's not so obvious. The red circles indicate where the clips are located. The inner thigh seal is also split, and stays sealed with Velcro. If you are a Lady Spartan, I HIGHLY recommend splitting your thighs. My thighs (and cod) are completed removable without having to take off any other pieces of armor. This makes bathroom breaks a breeze! :)

-----

I'm still trying to get a hold of more pics from Halloween, but here are a couple:

Messing around outside:
Pic_1_01.jpg

Me and my guy:
Pic_1_00.jpg

-----
And a few more pics from before Halloween:

Pic_2_01--effect1.jpg

Pic_4_01--effect1.jpg

Pic_3_01--effect1.jpg

-----

'Til next time...keep buildin' guys :D

I'm doing something similar with the split thighs. Makes everything MUCH easier to get on and off.

That robo-arm is first one Ive ever seen on Kat suits so far. And I must say that its definitely unique. But hey, any Reach gun props coming? Might be an exellent addition for ur suit. Magnum or AR for example? :)

Ok, Put away the action figure. We want to see your suit.....What, that was the Suit!!! ;)

I'm inspired by your work. :D

holy guacamole!!! I haven't been active on here in a while, and i come back to this?!?!!? wow!!! EXCELLENT work!!! looks professionally made!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back